It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Where Is The Best Place (Town/Location)To Live ?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm warning you up front, you go there and you won't leave. Nova Scotia. It's got everything. Halifax is party central. Cape Breton is incredibly beautiful, you have to have money though, the job market isn't that great. The people, the food, the culture, EVERYTHING is outstanding. Take a vacation there BUT remember my first sentence.


I would have to agree with this statement. As a younger man I traveled the whole east cost and up into Canada. Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Isle de Madeleine, all incredibly beautiful along with the wonderful people there too.


Makes me want to take another trip.




posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Lightseeker~
I feel you, we packed up the kids and moved out to the country several years ago, best thing we ever did. HUGE Culture Shock at first but we figured it out.
So I have a suggestion:
Elberton, Ga. Granite Capitol of the World and home to the Georgia Guidestones
Down home Southern charm mixed up with a whole lot of mystery and intrigue.
Link to City of Elberton
cityofelberton.net...
Link to Georgia Guidestones
roadsidegeorgia.com...

Elberton is about 15 minutes from Athens (Go Dawgs!) 30 minutes from Braselton (that city Kim Basinger purchased way back in the 80s) 30 minutes from my family 55 minutes to The ATL, 75 minutes to Hartsfield, 6 hrs from a decent beach in Fla.

I was born in Ga., raised in Atlanta, moved to the suburbs around 20ish and head to the country 30ish and I a proud southerner but in all my years and with all my research do you know I didnt even know about these NWOish Georgia Guidestones until a week ago. HHHMMMM....
My hubby and I are taking a trip over to Elberton next weekend to check out the farmers market but more important to get some close up views of those Guidestones.

You will see some stars down here, I am a bit partial but Georgia is a beautiful state. Get yourself an old farmhouse on a couple of acres and commune with the pinetrees. What a life!!!Just stay out of ATL and it's perimeter.

ooooo I almost forgot you could also research that supposed UFO sighting and crash in Columbus and that top secret site in Dawsonville.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Lightseeker~
I feel you, we packed up the kids and moved out to the country several years ago, best thing we ever did. HUGE Culture Shock at first but we figured it out.
So I have a suggestion:
Elberton, Ga. Granite Capitol of the World and home to the Georgia Guidestones
Down home Southern charm mixed up with a whole lot of mystery and intrigue.


Thanks for the Southern Hospitality,SEEWHATUDO, I have always loved the South and have had some great friends who were from Georgia, so you don't have to convince me that it is a great state. I will definitely check out the links and do a Google or two on the Guidestones, etc.

Thanks again,

LS



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Texas is a fairly "cheap" place to live. If you can take the very erratic weather and the attitudes, it's not a bad place. If you are looking for a "big" city, I suggest either Houston or Austin. Austin is beautiful.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Texas is a fairly "cheap" place to live. If you can take the very erratic weather and the attitudes, it's not a bad place. If you are looking for a "big" city, I suggest either Houston or Austin. Austin is beautiful.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]


Actually, I am looking for a relatively small town with rural properties avaliable; I would like to be within an hour or so of a large enough city so that I can shop and go to a movie or out to a nice restaurant, once in a while. Texas is on my list, however. Austin is a beautiful town and if I could find a nice house on a few acres 30 or 40 miles from there that was fairly affordable, that would terrific. And I am looking; all of my mother's family hails from Texas, so in one sense it would almost be like going home.
:

But I'm also looking at other areas of the country and some outside it altogether; when I finally find the perfect place to roost and put up my tent I will let everyone know about it.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Northern Macomb County, Michigan. Still has open space and its about 25 minutes to everything you need.

You can see the stars at night, winters might be cold but definitely lacking snow as of late.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by goose28in]



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose28in
Northern Macomb County, Michigan. Still has open space and its about 25 minutes to everything you need.

You can see the stars at night, winters might be cold but definitely lacking snow as of late.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by goose28in]


Thank you very kindly, for the info. Michigan was not on my list. Now, I will have to check it out.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join