It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Planned Ripoff of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is in the General Conspiracy Forum, because that's what it is. A plan has been in effect by the Big Oil Boys that have cost consumers in America as much as $1.5 Billion dollars.

You see, they know that gasoline swells with heat, so in Canada, where the average temperature is lower, the gas pumps are heated, so that gas is sold at 60 degrees F. But in America, where temps stay higher for a much greater portion of the year, the fuel is sold with any attention being paid to the temperature. Even though, it IS adjusted for the temp when the wholesaler buys it.

And America has a lot more days over 60 F than not, especially in the southern states.

abcnews.go.com...

Now when you plan to rip someone off, and then carry out that plan, and do iit on a large scale, while showing BILLIONS in profit, is that not organized crime?

Shouldn't this be more than just "Oh, well'? In a world with a bit of justice, some CEOs should be getting vacation in the crossbar hotel.

Does anyone feel like calling their representative? How about joining in the lawsuit that is already started?

Where do we draw the line on the ongoing conspiracy to defraud the American people? Everyone talks about doing something, so here's the chance to do it.

Now I know that the first thing the apologist will say is that it is a suit that can't be one. OK. But it's a damn good chance to show that portion of America that's asleep just what is going on. Unlike the Enron scandal, everybody buys gas, so this effects everybody.

If you bought a single tank of gas this summer, then you got stolen from by outright planned theft. How does that make you feel?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The corporations in America are out of control. They abuse prices in all sectors because they have no oversight, or they lobby congress with millions of dollars. They are stealing from us and we don't even know it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
The corporations in America are out of control. They abuse prices in all sectors because they have no oversight, or they lobby congress with millions of dollars. They are stealing from us and we don't even know it.

But now comes the question, what are you going to do about it? Are you just going to think how it's an outrage, or are you going to fight back? Because they count on you being a couch potato wimp, and never raising any hell over this.

If you we mugged on the way to the movies, would you just shrug it off and go on to see Transformers? Would you make a police report? Would you point the mugger out in court?

I can feel safe in betting that the Big Boys will say, through their $500 an hour lawyers, that this was nothing, a mistake at worst. But have you ever noticed that the mistakes always work for them, and never for us?

How will you feel tomorrow or Monday when you're putting gas in your car? Here's a not so subliminal hint: you'll remember that you are being stolen from.

The only real question is how much backbone does America have? Because if those who read this are too lazy, or too cynical, or whatever excuse used, to raise hell about this, then we deserve the NWO.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was wondering if any of our Canadian members have firsthand knowledge of the gasoline "temperature control" issue.

Do any of you know how long they have been using control methods there? And did this just start with the sharp rise in gasoline prices a few years ago, or has this been a long term policy?

Part of what I'm wondering is how long have they been putting the $$$$screws to America? Because if they made USD$1.5billion just last year, then are they closing in on a trillion since the first gulf war?

And just considering the 1.5billion number; how many schools would that stolen money build? Clinics? Daycares? It boggles the mind at how much money that really is.

Shearing sheep is a very profitable business, and they seldom even complain.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
as i think i understand it,
the volume of this liquid fluctuates with temperature,

but the density or weight of that gallon of liquid will remain constant.

so, i would imagine that the Bureau of weights & standards
would require the pumping meters to be calibrated at an 'average'
...that 'average' might be adjusted to what Latitude or Zone the device is located in...or perhaps the Altitude could be another factor...

as the ambient ground temperature
some 10ft down would vary maybe ~10 degrees, in locations as distant as Florida and at 10,000 elevation at an Alaskan mountain side gas pump.

There's too many bean-counters and efficiency experts, and hordes of corporate and tax lawyers in the economic sphere for this to not have been taken into account.

ATS search should have revealed this issue has been addressed before

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

There's too many bean-counters and efficiency experts, and hordes of corporate and tax lawyers in the economic sphere for this to not have been taken into account.

ATS search should have revealed this issue has been addressed before

Ah, yes. The problem is that the bean counters are on the side of Big Oil, and the efficiency experts are the ones telling them that this is a good way to make extra profit.

While you "imagine" things, just imagine how much money I could get from you if you refuse to even look at facts? The truth is that all the "adjustments" tend to favor the sellers, and not the buyers.

And the earlier addressing of this issue on ATS is NOT the end all that you seem to think it is. If there was positively no basis to the idea, then there would not be these lawsuits, with literally hundreds of people joining. Unless everyone except you is wrong.

But, if there is a call for self professed experts to bolster the claims of big business, then I feel sure they will find many like yourself to give aid and comfort to the lavishly wealthy as they steal from America.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Actually, corporations are America. We are just their fodder.

Mindless fill to satisfy short reply requirements here.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

Actually, corporations are America. We are just their fodder.

Mindless fill to satisfy short reply requirements here.

Then here's a good place to start the uprising. If corporations are all America is, then we need to show them that this is out of bounds. We need to tell them in no uncertain terms that conspiring to steal over a Billion dollars is not something the people of America will tolerate.

And we need to force our corrupted officials to do the right thing and send these crooks to jail, without the chance of Bush giving them a pardon. And we need to make it clear that the free rides for crooked companies and crooked politicians are over.

People, if you won't stand up and fight over this one; if you won't put as much time and effort into protesting this theft as was put into those "drone" pictures, then you ought to turn in your conspiracy badges and tinfoil hats and go on and swear fealty to The New World Order right now. If this isn't personal enough to get you involved then nothing ever will.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Why am i not suprized to hear a story like this?

BTW i cant take action because i am Dutch not an American.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

But now comes the question, what are you going to do about it? Are you just going to think how it's an outrage, or are you going to fight back? Because they count on you being a couch potato wimp, and never raising any hell over this.

What exactly can I do about it? What are you going to do about it? How do you "fight" back? Very few people will ever hear this story and even fewer will care enough to take some sort of action. Believe me, I care. Every time I get in my car I practically cringe thinking about how ridiculous it is that our society is based on oil consumption, and its actually killing the earth in the process. These people have been conspiring to take every last penny from us until the oil runs out... We are so naive that we actually buy into the idea that our vehicles are only capable of running off the oil based combustion engine. On the contrary, there are probably hundreds of ways discovered in the last century to power our cars, but every time it comes to the forefront the oil giants shut it down.

And what can I actually do? I don't have the financial freedom to stop driving my car, and I really don't have the time or money to organize any sort of protest. And I'm guessing most Americans feel the same way.

The way I see it, is that we are in a very confused society, where virtually everything we do is a huge waste, serving no benefit to the greater humanity or earth. We spend money on useless crap, we endlessly destroy the earth, and all the while we continue to separate ourselves into materialistic identities. Basically, everything has gone to crap. In my opinion spending time and money on one specific issue will lead nowhere fast. We need to bring it all down, throw it all away, and start over again, and I mean everything. We must go to the roots of these types of problems. Because by the time you have solved this issue, 10 more even worse problems will occur.

I am thoroughly convinced that our way of life is so out of whack that it's going to take a worldwide revolution to make things right.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Vipassanna, you do know I wasn't speaking directly to you when I said action needs to be taken? I'm not pointing the finger, except in a general sense.

But each of us can use e-mail, or we wouldn't be able to post here. So we can be creative.

Start by e-mailing every, and I mean every, person that you vote in their elections, Republicans and Democrats. Make every person from the dogcatcher up know that you hold them responsible if they don't protest this. And in no uncertain terms tell them that you will actively work against any future campaigns they may enter if this problem is not addressed.

Send e-mails to every POTENTIAL candidate as well. That may at least give them something to use in the future.

Don't overlook every TV and radio station that you can tune to in your area. Tell them that you heard about this, and list your sources, and tell them that as a concerned citizen, and as a victim, you want them to look into this. And remember to e-mail national level HQs too.

Send in an editorial comment to every newspaper that is within a hundred to a hundred and fifty miles of you. And don't forget the little local papers as well.

e-mail friends and relatives and get them to e-mail all of these places too. Show them what's going on and ask them to do the same things that you are doing. Show them how you did it, and even make a form letter for them if need be.

Bring this up with co-workers at break and lunch times. Mention what you are doing to the person next to you at a ball game.

No matter who it is, everybody hates paying so much for gas, and then to know they are getting ripped off on top of it, makes this a good subject for starting a conversation, even with a stranger at the gas pumps themselves.

And don't stop. Pester these media outlets at least once a week asking if they have more information.

Have a printed sheet showing the basic facts, and where the information comes from, in your pocket; maybe three or four of them, so you can hand them to people who show even a little interest. And have a list on this paper showing where to email protests to, such as are listed above.

This isn't as hard as it sounds. Most of it you can do right from home on your own computer. And like I said, just personally talk to the people you talk to in the natural course of a day. You don't need to be anything more than what you are, a concerned citizen.

If all these people sending peanuts can get the show Jericho put back on TV, then same kind of effort can make a grass roots movement on this. And it was people that brought down the Berlin Wall, just people who were tired of things the way they were.

Yes, I know that more things need to be changed than this one one. But if people working for change do one big thing, then they can get it in their minds to do more. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

And if this sounds like a lot of work, well nobody said that being a citizen was a free ride. Cattle get free rides; all the way to market.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I was wondering if any of our Canadian members have firsthand knowledge of the gasoline "temperature control" issue.

I couldnt tell you how long its been regulated as such, but at every pump, there is a sticker that says "Gas Temperature kept at 15 C" and i think its been there for a while.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

I couldnt tell you how long its been regulated as such, but at every pump, there is a sticker that says "Gas Temperature kept at 15 C" and i think its been there for a while.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by InSpiteOf]

This is why it's a plan, a plot, to get extra $$$$ from those in the USA. If it was "No big deal", then why bother to do it in Canada, a nation that uses a lot less fuel than does USA?

The only logical reason to bother with outfitting pumps with what they say is a $1500.00USD upgrade for each pump, is if you expected to lose that much and then some due to temperature fluctuations in a colder climate. But How much are you gaining in the good old USA by not doing it?

Logic says that if it was worth the expenditures for the companies to do it up north, then the money involved is not penny ante.

DOWN WITH BIG OIL!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Above I have outlined some tactics to use in fighting this CRIMINAL conspiracy. But to really understand how to fight, you need to take some clues from our very own master of the art, Justin Oldham.

There's a thread:"Fight over White House subpoenas rises" that has some useful ideas by JO that can be used here as well. I would urge everyone to read that thread, because we need to start taking back our government. And we need to take back the money that runs it, like this thread is about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is the link to the other thread, but since I am a computer idiot, it may not work, which is why I listed the name of the thread above. I'm still learning how to do things, and "in house" linking is one of them.
I'm not perfect at this, though my dog loves me anyway.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by NGC2736]

Ed.Add: If I can't get it on this last edit, someone send me an award for the TOP IDIOT, I deserve it so much!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
AH, no need for an award for my stupidity, I got it! I even ran through the house naked yelling Eureka!

Now if I have enough brain cells to do it every time.

And mods, sorry for the extra post, but I just didn't have the heart to put in another edit. It already looks like hash.

new topics

top topics

join