It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

HELP!!! Where did this porn site come from..my man is lying!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OK...My boyfriend and I live in an apt complex where we, along with many many others, "steal" the wireless internet from the clubhouse. So it's not a secured network.
We have a PC at home, each with our own user names. Today, he was on his name checking his mail, etc and asked if I wanted to use the computer before he shut it down. I did (on his name) and when I typed: www.s into the browser, the website (*snip*) popped up underneath, as if it had been typed in before. I thought it was weird, so typed in lots of other letters to see what pop up, and it just listed his typical sites...no porn except that one page. I showed it to him and he asked what it was...blah blah blah long story short: he says he has never been on that page EVER. We have been together 4 years and he's never lied to me...even when I wish he had. He swears on his life that he has never been on that site. I want to believe him but I feel like it's impossible for him not to have been on it. He's never been really into porn and I'm almost positive he doesn't look at it, although now I'm wondering. We also have pop up blocker but no virus software. What could have happened? Could he be telling the truth. I'm not upset at the porn, just upset that I think he's lying. Can you clear it up PLEASE?!?!?



Mod edit: Link removed.

[edit on 2007/7/7 by Hellmutt]




posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but websites don't just show up in the drop down list unless you actually type them in. You can even test it your self if you want to. Delete your saved form and search history, internet files, all that good stuff, go to a search engine, then type the name or address for ATS in the search bar. Click the link to bring you back here, then click your down arrow to show the address bar history. If you deleted the right stuff ATS won't be in there. Or even if you didn't delete it but have never typed the address in it won't be there. Pop up blockers and anti-virus software have nothing to do with what gets typed in the address box.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just go to a bunch of porn sites for women and leave the windows open, shortcuts to them everywhere etc. and deny any knowledge of it.



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the relationship forum.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Is it possible that your boyfriend was logged on and a friend typed in the url while your boyfriend was out of the room?

Frankly, if he's too afraid to admit he went to a porn site, he can't be much of a man, anyway.


[edit on 2007/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Relax, every guy has looked at porn at sometime in their life. Most guys just don't feel that comfortable discussing their "private" habits with their girlfriends.



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Okay, here's what happened...


The owner of the WiFi that you're sealing was able to remote into your machine because you were on the same subnet. They can do it to any machine on the network provided that the access has been granted on the local machine. And even if it hasn't, I believe a script can be run remotely to grant the access anyway. Then, once logged in, the WiFi owner went to that one porn site on your BF's computer.

If you don't want to believe that your boyfriend lied to you, then just believe what I stated above. Just think about which is more likely. The above scenario, or that your boyfriend, like 99% of heterosexual men with internet access, looks at porn once in a while.



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe he got an email from a friend with a link to a picture, and that picture happened to be on that site. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Just be glad he ain't gay, unless it was a gay website, then I would worry.



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beegee0706
We also have pop up blocker but no virus software. What could have happened?


This is the most disturbing thing about your post. If you don't have a firewall and an anti-virus program on your computer, you're in for a lot of "what could have happened?" posts.

There's probably a lot of stuff on your computer that neither of you know about.

There's no excuse for not having protection.

ZoneAlarm Free

AVG Free Advisor



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I suggest you do the following:

1. Don't worry.
2. Stop stealing the wireless Internet access. If anyone knows what you are doing, he/she may take advantage of the fact that you are doing an ilegal action.
3. Do as GradyPhilpott said, install a firewall and an anti-virus.

In any case, welcome to ATS, and I hope you didn't join just to ask this, this site has many interesting topics.



posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The URL address bar will give you a prompt for any site you've visited. What you're probably unaware of is that a pop-up or basically anything in your history (Advertisement image, etc) will give you a prompt. Say I visit MSNBC.com and they have an add for FreakyClownSingles.com on the side. You will then get the prompt for this URL if you typed in "www.F"



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you use Firefox you should change your settings.

Click Tools
Click Options
Click Privacy
Remove the check mark from "Remember what I enter in forms and search bar"

Other users on the computer such as yourself will no longer see the search history of the other users.

And hey, if he wants to see a little porn, go grab a DVD porn and watch it together.
It will likely turn into a very hot time for both of you.


[edit on 9/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
that's life, eh???

EDIT:


Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The owner of the WiFi that you're sealing was able to remote into your machine because you were on the same subnet. They can do it to any machine on the network provided that the access has been granted on the local machine. And even if it hasn't, I believe a script can be run remotely to grant the access anyway. Then, once logged in, the WiFi owner went to that one porn site on your BF's computer.

If you don't want to believe that your boyfriend lied to you, then just believe what I stated above. Just think about which is more likely. The above scenario, or that your boyfriend, like 99% of heterosexual men with internet access, looks at porn once in a while.


let's apply occam's razor to these scenarios...




[edit on 9-7-2007 by they see ALL]



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm with the others on this. Your man either looked at porn or someone who used your puter(friend) did. It just doesnt pop up like that.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Okay, here's what happened...


The owner of the WiFi that you're sealing was able to remote into your machine because you were on the same subnet. They can do it to any machine on the network provided that the access has been granted on the local machine. And even if it hasn't, I believe a script can be run remotely to grant the access anyway. Then, once logged in, the WiFi owner went to that one porn site on your BF's computer.

If you don't want to believe that your boyfriend lied to you, then just believe what I stated above. Just think about which is more likely. The above scenario, or that your boyfriend, like 99% of heterosexual men with internet access, looks at porn once in a while.


Is this even possible?? or are you just trying to help the poor guy out by giving her a flimsy story to grab ahold of and thereby giving false hope that things aren't as bad as they appear.........nevermind I think I know the answer to that. your hilarious.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
99% of heterosexual men with internet access, looks at porn once in a while.


That statement is totally wrong because sexuality isn't part of the equation.

From my figures it works out to 94% of all males look at porn once in a while, and 6% lie and say they don't.


I wouldn't worry about it beegee0706, he's probably just too embarrassed to admit it to you, or afraid of how you'll react. I would hope that you're secure enough in the relationship that one search entry won't be a major issue.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'd be more concerned if he never looked at porn.

all men do. Except me of course. I never, ever look at those kinds of things. They're degrading to women and disgusting.

ok, my wife left the room. yeah, we all do it. Like masturbation, everyone does it and the only lies told about it are the ones where someone (male or female) denies it.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join