It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it time for some GOOD news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know this is a "Rant" forum, but I thought this would be the ideal place to post this.......

Seems like everyone's happy complaining and sharing their bad news and the trials and tribulations of a corrupt, unjust world all the time but there is too little good news for us on ATS. New discoveries and inventions etc are interesting and humourous news is good for a laugh, but I thought I'd tell you about a great day I've just had just to let you know that there is some goodness still out there.

I woke up to my three beautiful, purring cats who, as usual, get fed first. Outside, I was greeted by lovely sunshine. Very welcome after all the showers and small storms we have been having here in France.

So, quick cup of coffee and off to work........ten seconds later, I'm in my barn, looking up at a crystal blue sky. You see, I'm renovating my roof. Big job that's been held up due to the crap weather. (had rant about that before).

Got loooooads done today and certainly worked on my tan up the ladder. Been watching a proud mum feed her new chicks in their nest which is in one of the stone walls and got a good ten hours of "smashing and bashing" done while they "chirped" merrily.

So after a successful days work, I sat down with a home-brew beer and watched the "mackerel sky" light up in the sunset while I played some records. (Yup, the old "black stuff!).

Dinner is on and I'm just "flopping down". Will catch an online "flick" and sleep like a baby tonight. All ready to do the same tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after etc......

You see....it's not all bad. If we can't take the time to see and enjoy these good times, what's the point? I hope others out there had good days too and would like to share them.

How about a "good news" forum eh?

Luv ya......B

[edit on 7/7/2007 by nerbot]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hay thats cool my cat makes me wanna feed him in the morning no mater how hard I try to sleep lol

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I woke up to find my 5 yr old in the middle of the bed lol..We all ate breakfast,sent Dad off to work and then the kids got to go outside and throw water balloons around.

We have some baby birds in our carport. The boys and I sat on the ground watching the momma and daddy bird bring food for them. Little tiny finches, and man are they loud when they are hungry..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's great to hear you are finally getting to do that roof work I've seen you talk about. Pet your cats for me.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a good day. I love those days you wake up take your cup of coffee out side and smell the fresh air and look at the sun coming up and the trees blowing slightly in the wind. It's refreshing and you think gosh it's good to be alive. It's funny when you wake up with positive thoughts, have you ever noticed that everyone and everything is positive and happy as long as you are. Life is short we should find something that gives us joy.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

from paigcal:
It's funny when you wake up with positive thoughts, have you ever noticed that everyone and everything is positive and happy as long as you are.

The world around us is what we make it, almost mirrorlike sometimes. When I feel good I try to spread it around a bit, and when I feel bad I try to keep it to myself.

top topics

join