It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Serves Baked Boys To Their Families For Lunch

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You criticise me for having my beliefs. At the same time you push yours all over everyone else.

You believe that your right-wing Christian view is the only one worth having.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, No!

I don't know why it seems so chronically difficult to construe my posts and perspective more accurately.

I dn't criticize you for having beliefs. We all have beliefs if we are conscious and remotely capable of thought.

I do challenge the rational sensiblness of some beliefs that seem to contradict so much evidence and reality as I know such and construe such. I'd be a fool not to.

'push my beliefs'

Interesting. As though you don't!

Next I'm supposed to believe that y'all are as pure as the driven snow and never walk in anything but perfection dripping golden dew drops of blessing and sweet aromas all over everyone within a dozen feet?

LOL! Guffaws to the max!

Seems to me that folks who dare to disagree with the ragingly false constructions on reality so often postulated and so fiercely posted--those folks are deemed to push their beliefs on others. But the group-think Vulcan mind-lock mental/philosophical brainwashing/conditioning so wholesale in one direction hereon is NOT pushing beliefs????

LOL. Guffaws to the max! Rolling on the floor lauhging out loud and off the cliff!

Of course I believe my Christian and conservative perspective is the most servicible explanation of the broadest and deepest and most diverse amount of evidence constructing reality as I experience reality.

Otherwise, I'd have a DIFFERENT set of constructions on reality!!!

It's amazing that you find that something inherently negative! LOL.

Time will certainly tell who's construction on reality truly accounted for the most data points.

I just don't enjoy seeing folks needlessly deluded into a thoroughly inadequate explanation of reality--and one which will carry some painful consequences increasingly in this tortured and increasingly chaotic world.

The Deceiver is an artist at his job. But I don't have to stand idly and silently by watching victims pile up in his corner higher and higher.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You believe that your right-wing Christian view is the only one worth having

It seems to me that you must feel similarly about your construction on reality--or--you'd have a different one!

So, it seems exceedingly illogical, to me, that it's OK for you to feel that way about your perspective but not for me to feel that way about mine!

Sounds like that old DOUBLE STANDARD such a chronic habit from your corner of the philosophical spectrum.

It still rather . . . amazes me that the chronic DOUBLE STANDARD is so exceedingly blatant and so durable hereon.

Must be more of that OPPOSITE OF DENYING IGNORANCE stuff.

[edit on 23/7/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Interesting.

IN 60 years of active Christianity . . . more or less . . . I've never come across that perspective or anything close to it.

I think Revelation, Daniel and Ezekiel make clear that God's angelic forces are going to be in charge of cleaning up the planet from the evil rebels.

Twisting and convoluting the Luke Scripture doesn't cut it, for me.

I still see that parable as basically one message--use what God gives you. Don't sit on it. Don't fail to improve it, multiply it. Use it. End of msg.

Of course, all manner of characters have been reading all manner of things into Scripture for centuries.

My Bible was printed in 1953

Well it really depends on wether you find that Luke 19,27 is part of the parable or not.

If Taken as a Parable,

The Parable of the money aims to teach a lesson about disobeying your King/ God /Messiah / Jesus. Believers can replace "servants" with themselves or someone else, but what could they possibly replace for the conclusion of the lesson: "slay them before me"?

If taken as Literal as opposed to Parable
Then the slaying would have to occur in front of Jesus during his limited physical life on earth. After he died on the cross, one could claim the slaying ended at his death.For followers to accept the lesson of Jesus, they would have to slay their enemies before Him where He resides in their souls or in Heaven.

You can say that I am twisting the verse wether or not you interpret the verse that way today is up to you but for centuries it is precisely the kind of interpretation that Christians used to fuel the Crusades, Inquisitions and pogroms throughout history. You can say those who interperted the verse that way werent true Christians but the fact remains that through history the people that were the face of Christianity used interpretations such as
this.

What awaits those who worked evil through this interpertation is up to God/Jesus/Holy Ghost or however you interpret that.

I am not in denial I have lived among Moslems and find them in the main to be a peaceful people.
I am not anti Christian, really I dont care about Christianity one way or the other.
I am not an appeaser I am all for going after the Terrorist Nutters and Nihlists.
I am not a Moslem and like Christianity I really dont care one way or the other.

My apologies for dragging this thread off topic.

Michael Yon may have a true or untrue story. Personally I need more than the word of his interpreter, having been in the Middle East on several occasions and having to use interpeters on I find that the can be very unreliable, inaccurate and will embellish if it suits them. Worldnet Daily and Rush Limbaugh are not good corraborating sources I wouldnt trust them anymore than I would trust Prison Planet or Alternet. I will always look other sources rather than take any of the above sources at thier word.

The "Islamic Jihadis" in question do not represent all of Islam just as the "Christian Identity" movement doesnt represent all Christians.

Islam is most likely on a cusp of a Reformation and instead of condeming all Moslems for the actions of a few nutters and nihlist within the faith we should be supporting the mainstream Moslems who truly believe they are in a religion of peace and practice Islam as such.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Islam is most likely on a cusp of a Reformation and instead of condeming all Moslems for the actions of a few nutters and nihlist within the faith we should be supporting the mainstream Moslems who truly believe they are in a religion of peace and practice Islam as such.

Thanks for your reasoned post.

I still strongly disagree about the parable.

And, I'm not sure how much responsibility AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANS bear for the jerky evil folks twisting things--perhaps more than most think--perhaps less.

I do think you underestimate the proportion of Islam that comprises the Jihadi's and their supporters of varying significant degrees of support. 70% is far more than "a few nutters."

But certainly we'd be wise to intensify; help intensify the voices of the moderate, peaceful voices in the value system.

Given the NWO folks, I doubt any of our efforts would get very far. I think earnest fasting and prayer is likely to bear more fruit . . .

As New Testament Scripture says--THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE NOT CARNAL

(but rather prayer and fasting to the pulling down of spiritual rulers in high places etc.).

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
70% Jihadis is way to high of a number in my opinion the average Moslem doesnt care what religion you are, they want basically the same things we want out of life.

Now if you say that 70% disagree with the US Government then I would agree, based on the following things.

Blind support for Israel even when we know they are in the wrong.
( I support the right of Israel to exist just as I support the Palestinian right to a state of thier own. It is my opinion that many Moslem governments dont want a solution to the issue because it helps them keep thier people in control. My solution would be as follows in basic terms Israeli / Palestinian borders remain as they are now and Jerusalem comes under the control of a UN peacekeeping force. Palestinians would lose the right of return, the reasoning behind this is that between 1948-1950 750,000 Jews were ejected from Moslems countries and have no right of return in short the Moslem governments back then helped create the state of Israel and now they will have to deal with what they helped create.)

The US Government has supported some really ruthless Dictators in the Middle East to deny it would be folly and many of the people in the Middle East are upset about it. I have been to many Moslem countries and thier governments are not kind to the people.

The Shah, brutal police state, I lived there when he was in power so I got to witness his secret police firsthand. Truly if we had not allowed him into the US for medical treatment we would not have had the Hostage crisis and would probably would have better relations with the Iranians today.

Saddam when it was convienient as a buffer to the new Iranian government we turned a blind eye to his treatment of his minorities prior to the Gulf War.

The Sauds and The Kuwaiti Royals when it became convienient in order to deal with Saddam. Kuwait was no ally of the US before the Gulf War and like the Sauds they treat thier people poorly and they treat thier imported labor even more poorly. They are a police state in thier own right and they control Mecca and Medina which gives the leverage beyond thier oil leverage. The Sauds also fund the Jihadi Madrassas and publish almost all of the religious writing that is exported to Mosques worldwide of the and 90% of these publications are of the Wahabbi Jihadi view, the most extreme in Islam. The Sauds are more of a danger to the West than Al Queda if you look deeply enough.

Trying to impose a western type democracy in the Moslem world is a mistake. The Islamic Societal Construct is different so naturally what they consider democracy will be different. Thier societies will have to evolve
( just as western societies have evolved ) toward whatever democratic system and Islam will be the basis of thier law not secularism as in the west it has to be thier choice and we have to stop supporting dictators in those countries and get off thier oil.

In short when we in the US stop blindly supporting the oil states and blindly supporting Israel and begin dealing with the people of those countries as equals instead of servants the Jihadi movement will lose its power.

3 of my 4 children are serving in Iraq right now it matters very little what good they try to do in medical care and reconstruction when it is the policy of the US government to support regimes throughout that would fall to popular movements within those countries.

We cannot bomb these people into submission unless we want to have a true world war meaning raise a 15 million man army and march through the Middle East like we did through Europe and the Pacific during WW2 thats not going to happen and it is the only way to win militarily and since we arent going to raise armies this large then we need to look at a equal and sensible political solution.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
For what it's worth, a couple of weeks ago I asked someone somewhat connected in intelligence if this was true or not, today I was told that yes it definitely happened. It's not evidence enough for here, but I wanted to share what I heard. I was also told of some close calls that were thwarted by terrorists here in the U.S.. These are not civil times.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

For what it's worth, a couple of weeks ago I asked someone somewhat connected in intelligence if this was true or not, today I was told that yes it definitely happened. It's not evidence enough for here, but I wanted to share what I heard. I was also told of some close calls that were thwarted by terrorists here in the U.S.. These are not civil times.

INDEED. These are NOT civil nor safe times--except living and walking in unity and fellowship with Almighty God.

Wellll, that's what . . . 3-5 differrent sources affirming the same thing or close to the same thing.

Those . . . with an irrational construction on reality pretending that all such is a propaganda charade etc. are losing any shred of support for their lala land contentions more and more.

Thanks so much for your forcefully potent personal connection to some validation. Intel folks know a lot. It's not a perfect science by any means. But usually the problem is too much information--even reliable information--and poor screening criteria.

Certainly a lot of intel is flawed. There's also the enemy and disinformation efforts of the enemy. But the bulk of the intel troops work hard and develop almost a sixth sense for where to pursue info; dig deeper; seek collaboration etc.

It's all collecting puzzle pieces and seeing what fits together and what confirms or doesn't earlier puzzle pieces.

Thanks for this confirming one.

God's best to you and yours.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
70% Jihadis is way to high of a number in my opinion the average Moslem doesnt care what religion you are, they want basically the same things we want out of life.

Now if you say that 70% disagree with the US Government then I would agree, based on the following things.

Have had and still have a list of other priorities.

But I have a link to a recent survey that shows that things have gone down IN SOME RESPECTS from the 70%. But the same survey shows that international Muslim sympathies for the Jihadis was

ABOVE 70%--around 79-80% depending on the criteria etc.

Some measures now put such at 20% to 34% if I recall accurately the recent scientific surveys.

I'll try and get the link into this thread sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Good grief. I can hardly believe that such a 'story' made it out of the gutter, but to actually discuss it is abhorrent. I cannot believe for one second that any sane person in the world could believe this kind of nonsense, paranoid rubbish about Al-Quaida eating children - it's so sick its almost funny.

When is America going to wake up to the fact that the single biggest recruitment tool for Al-Quaida is US foreign policy? It has been that way for years - does no one remember the epitath at the end of Rambo III? It says the film is made in honour of the 'brave soldiers of the Taliban' because of course at that time politically the American enemy was Russia, who were fighting a war in Afghanistan. The US aided the Taliban in their fight against the Russians. Does anyone think for a second that the Taliban regime was any different back then? They were still stoning women to death for adultery - but America didn't care then because they had a war to fight with Russia.

Get real America - the rest of the world laughs at your pathetic attempts to justify the most brutal & oppresive regime in history - the Bush administration. They are on a mission to spread fear & paranoia throughout the world,to give governments the power to remove your civil liberites, and you'll thank them for it because you believe they are protecting you from the 'evil' of global terrorism.

People around the world are being imprisoned without charge, or even imprisoned for possessing 'terrorist related materials', which basically means they own a book. Now I put it to you - a book that cites the use of force to exact regime change could be interpretted many ways. What about Karl Marx? What about Hilter's diaries? Are we going to be imprisoned for reading now??? What about the American constitution? Surely there is a document that states that if a government fails to serve the people then it shoudl be forceably removed? Doesn't it? There's plenty of stroies of mureder & killing in the name of Jehovah in the bible ... should we arrest & imprison people for reading that?

Wake up America.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Al-Quaida eating children is not really what was reported.
It was reported that they used the action as a form of intimidation.

I also said that I had one confirmed source that it was true.
If you desire, I could easily send you pics of atrocities that humans have inflicted on each other. Christ, just recently on cable there was a documentary about what happened in Africa during the 90's. I watched as US embassy marines rescued some jounalists who were pinned down in a gun fight between two rival factions. One faction had made a road block out of bowel strung across two barrels with it's former owner's head sitting atop one. Apparently he was cut, beaten, urinated on then beheaded. I understand that this is not the same, but in the name of intimidation, it actually is.

Just last night I was reading some testemony from officers who were involved with the masscre at My Lai in march of 68. We Americans were responsible for some horror that sounded like it was from Nazi Germany. I was so sickened by it that I could not finish. We all are capable of unspeakable acts given the right circumstances, I cannot see how the above 'story' is so unbelievable.

[edit on 2/8/07 by shadow watcher]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't deny that people are capable of extreme brutality. However, the point is that this kind of propaganda (even if the story itself is true) is being used to dull the minds of right-thinking people throughout the western world. By spouting this kind of story, they slowly chip away at people's belief systems ... of course the world has witnessed terrible atrocities that the mind can barely comprehend (many done in the name of Christianity) - it's just that kind of pre-knowledge that makes the propaganda work all the better ... people everywhere will read that story & say exactly what you did ... "well, there's been terrible things in the past, so I guess I can believe this could happen" ... kind of thing.

But it pre-disposes the reader to imagine that 'Al-Quaida' is made up of monstrous baby-eating psychopaths, which is just not true. People in this thread are talking about 'polls' that show 70% of Islam supports Jihad??? Thats quite simply not true. How can a 'poll' tell that information? Do they phone up Muslim people & ask them if they support Jihad? I'd love to see the source for that research survey! :0) I work in a research company, & I guarantee you that if that statistic was actually reported, it will be because someone did a questionnaire with 10 Muslims somewhere (probably an American prison) & 7 of them said they supported Jihad.

Stop trying to demonise people on the basis of their religion. I bet half the people here have never even met a Muslim, let alone spoken to one. Stop allowing yourselves to be duped into believing that there is a global threat from Islam, because of a handful of extremists ... extremeists who are created by an American dictator trying to globalise the world under the guise of being 'World Police'.

I believe that only a small percentage of Americans owns a passport? Maybe y'all should consider going out to experience the world ... you might even learn that the rest of us aren't quite so paranoid as you guys, some of us aren't quite as easily led by the media, and plenty of us believe that 'Al-Quaida' is just another name for George Bush's "we need a new Pearl Harbour" idea to get the approval to go to war on an oil-rich country that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 or 'global terrorism'. And before anyone tries to justify the war in Iraq by saying that it was a necessary "regime-change", just think about one thing ... Robert Mugabe.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thanks so much for your forcefully potent personal connection to some validation. Intel folks know a lot. It's not a perfect science by any means. But usually the problem is too much information--even reliable information--and poor screening criteria.

Em ... hang on a minute ... surely I could come on here & say that I know people in 'intelligence' who have told me that there is no Al-Quaida, and that the US is on a mission to take over the world. That doesn't make it true.

Certainly a lot of intel is flawed. There's also the enemy and disinformation efforts of the enemy. But the bulk of the intel troops work hard and develop almost a sixth sense for where to pursue info; dig deeper; seek collaboration etc.

Sorry, are we talking about the same intel that told us Saddam had WMD/chemical weapons that could be launched within hours?

And you have the nerve to say that people who dispute this utter propaganda nonsense as living in lala land??

Wow. Until I started visiting this forum I really had no idea how much effect the media has in the US. So many people believe so much paranoid nonsense on this forum it really is quite scary.

You talk about "the enemy" ... who is that exactly? Do you truly believe that there is an "enemy" just waiting for a chance to kill all Americans? If you do, then please ... ask yourself why there would be such a thing in the world? Do you really believe that these extremists just hate America because you are all so "free"? People in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan ... wherever ... are too poor to be worried about Americans, they are more worried about getting enough food to live on & feed their families. It is so arrogant of America to assume that these people hate you & want to kill you because you represent something that they do not agree with - the PEOPLE of the world couldn't care less what happens in America really, they just want you to leave them all alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, I now see where you are coming from. You believe that we Americans are becoming distrustful of Muslims maybe even fearful. I also see what you are saying about the media using fear to further an agenda. I actually think that those in the media really believe what they are told. Maybe this belief is where the spin comes from that causes this animosity amonst Americans towards Muslims. You are correct in your frustration, Most people get their news from the MSM and their opinions are formed by this media. It is a shame that more do not feel the desire to probe deeper to understand the world. But, you have to understand that this is where the paranoia is coming from. Personally, I do not hate any group of people and worry about backlash from these fears some have. Look how the Japanese were treated here in the states during WWII. I can see us going down that same road again with Islamic people. Fear is a powerful tool and it is a heavy influence when forming opinions about the war.

Personally, I think we have been involved long enough and need come home. If we aren't wanted to help, by all means we should leave. These young men are dying for a war where there is no winning. I remember when the story was, set a time frame, help form a stable government, drive out the extremists, and come home. These days I wonder what happened. Why weren't these goals actualized. This is becoming another VietNam in my opinion.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I see where you are coming from. Also, when I added about someone confirming that the story was true, I only did it to add two cents to the thread. I've been here long enough to know what constitutes proof and it wasn't really intended to convince. When I am among people who are in a position to 'know' things, I make it a point not to ask. They are in trusted positions and if I were to pump them for intel, I am sure they would no longer associate with me. The situation was in such a way where I was afforded to ask one question without putting him on the spot. I was lucky enough to get an answer even though I wasn't waiting for it. I was just passing along a bit of info.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thank you. Thats about the most reasonable reply I have ever had on this forum! And your heart seems like it's in the right place! My peronsal view is that the war in Iraq is an illegal war, started for no good reason.

I believe that in the US around the time of the war starting there was a majority of the population that believed Saddam was partly reponsible for 9/11 - we know that's not true, in fact Saddam had no involvement at all with AQ. In the UK we were told it was because Saddam had WMD aimed at us, ready to fire - we now know that wasn't true either. So the reasons for going to Iraq were entirely bogus. We really need to think about those facts - why did our governments take us to war under false pretences?

I believe that the troops must leave Iraq immediately, but not only that, the US & UK must actively re-build Iraq, give them back their oil revenue, give them whatever they need to re-buld their infrastructure, and above all make a loud & clear apology to the entire world for their abhorrent actions, and have their power to wage war removed forceably by the rest of the world. I believe it is essential that the world disarm terrorists - and by that I mean George Bush.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by drblow]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join