It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best food for "Munchies"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Humpty Dumpty Cruncheez.

Cheetos Crunchy.

-tts

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i prefer the puffs over the crunchy cheetos

now they make flaimin hot puffs.. i dont think i'll ever touch a crunchy cheeto again

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When I'm being good I like hummus, olive oil and pita bread.

And when I'm bad it's Nestle Flips White Fudge covered pretzels.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is the best food for the munchies, but I can tell you what is the worst.

It is the new Pringles chips with some type of oil that I can't even begin to spell correctly. (hoginamanized) Something like that. My friend told me about it. He read a warnning somewhere about Pringles and that oil can cause Anal Leakage! I tried too look the information up but I can't spell it good enough.

Well, he was correct because I ate the whole can and got so sick I puked 25 time in 24 hour and litteraly pissed out my ass 5 times! I slept for 20 hours and didn't eat for two days! Water was the only thing that I consumed.

It was rough. I'm forty and my friend say, "yah gotta watch it, Pringles is a young mans game!"

He's not kidding!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
How about somme of these sweets i think the name says it all

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
aside from the usual suspects of chocolate and sweets, I'm a big fan of pistachios, peanuts, walnuts, cashews... etc. But the pistachios do it for me the most.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mom has actually had the munchies back in her hippie days in the 60s and she says she swore by Funyums.

The boyfriend's had the munchies before and he has a permanent Sour Patch Kids addiction that he's working on, and he used to go on midnight Denny's and Taco Bell runs.

I've never had the munchies or smoked pot, so I wouldn't know. I'd probably go for Taco Bell, though. I think Funyums are nasty. When I want junk food I like chips and salsa, homemade baked goods, candy, ice cream... I eat a lot. I didn't even gain weight from it until I went on the Pill. Now I can't make toffee bars and cupcakes every week =(

[edit on 11/22/2008 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Fish finger banjos with mayonnaise and tomato sauce.

A Banjo is a Northen English colloquialism for a sandwich

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It depends on what I'm doing.

For General gnawing on when in front of the computer? Gummi Bears.

For TV? Munchies Cheese Fix flavor (Family size) or Sunchips (Various flavors)

Down in the basement while reading in my library? Artificial Crab meat (Leg style)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

corn nuts
heat wave doritos
skittles
chewits
toasted peanutbutter and banana and honey
baked banana with marshmellows and mars bars

I could go on forever

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lobster Fritters with my homemade Creole Remoulade

followed by 1 dozen FRESH Apalachicola Bay oysters on the half shell

& for the "Pièce de résistance"....

Tournedos Chasseur- Two Tournedos of prime beef filet, pan seared & then drizzled in a sauce of Chantrelles, shallots, white wine, chervil, tarragon & Demi-Glace. Served with a side of rosemary roasted new potatoes & a sauté of fresh asparagus with garlic lemon-butter~

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
Tortilla chips with spinach dip.
Fried balogne sandwiches with mustard.
Shrimp in garlic butter with a side of cheese.

Forgot to mention anything pickled.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

White Castles are the best -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3b0d8b4094.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4409a2ca9463.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/628019575e72.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dcfb09affd2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9208f254f81f.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : White Castle

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Popcorn is definitely a favorite, but thanks for mentioning frozen grapes ... sounds good.

We recently switched from air-popped popcorn to using a little unrefined corn oil and sea salt with our favorite popping corn in a covered pot on the stove ... more satisfying.

With the warmer weather finally arriving here in SoCal, we have just rediscovered sliced jicama. Jicama is a round root, which is surprisingly sweet when freshly sliced, and it's filling because it contains quite a lot of fiber, although it doesn't taste like it. (pronounced HIH- ca -muh) ..Just remove the inedible skin and cut the jicama into long spears. Only chop up the amount of jicama you will use that day, and leave the skin on the portion of jicama you want to save in the refrigerator for later slicing. That way, the unused part will remain sweet (for several days anyway).

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Uphill]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealOrNot
Frozen grapes are great- particularly in the summertime!

glad to see someone else likes frozen grapes - they make great ice cubes in alcoholic and non-alcoholic fruity or fizzy drinks.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
Popcorn is definitely a favorite, but thanks for mentioning frozen grapes ... sounds good.

We recently switched from air-popped popcorn to using a little unrefined corn oil and sea salt with our favorite popping corn in a covered pot on the stove ... more satisfying.

we make our popcorn on the stove using either peanut oil or olive oil (peanut oil works the best - high smoke point, light taste)

for a real treat, once the popcorn is made, I'll throw some butter, honey, and maybe a bit of cocoa (sometimes) in a pan, bring it to a boil, add a bit of salt, let it bubble for about 3 minutes, then pour it on the popcorn and toss. sometimes mix in some toasted pecans or almonds - whatever you like.

messy AND delicious!

edit to add: if I don't have honey on hand, brown sugar works too - we avoid, i.e. don't buy, white sugar at all anymore

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Godweed]

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ice cream is my favorite ,even in winter .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join