It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Yes! I'm very AMAZED at this information. Thanks for that other link and am reading it all over now!
Fascinating material and already it's giving me a new perspective in things!
Thanks again!

Based on your post, I think it's safe to say you haven't seen Zeitgeist. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
very good thread thanks for the imput i feel a lil bit more knowledgable this morning

and souljah, i always KNEW that religion's goal was to strip men of there potential power and connection to the infinite (all that is CREATION)/ and instead try to deliberately confuse it with "creator" (make it seem like a powerful individual or figure) and that they would do this thru fear and creating a figurative person or "being' who is more powerul than an individual and making the individual dependent on this intermediate person in order to create things in there lives the way they like.

and to the brainwashed followers (religious) this beleif in a power outside of themselves is solidified when they pray and get what they asked for . because they know prayer works and it does. the religious just dont give credit to themselves when they pray!

now don't get me wrong praying works, it is the power of thought and intent, but to the religous individual they credit "a god figure" with this sort of creation (the fulfilling of there prayers) when in fact it was them who did it (but they wouldn't have been able to beleive they could themselves ,without the power they attatched to there beleif in a god figure) which helped them create the reality they wished for.

man has a direct influence on the world around him through thought and intention. man is born a creator

and this knowledge is DANGEROUS it *makes it difficult for the ruling powers to be truly powerful over there subject* in any society

so they must keep men ignorant of this,

EVEN TODAY many do not understand the power that collective thought can have on reality, even those that see religion is not all it is cracked up to be.

because in addition to outright lies and manipulations(fabrications of religious texts) and instead of "witch hunts" , the truth of this power today will be surpressed as well as also distracted by bread and circuses because it is still dangerous to the "powerful" if a collective movement took shape. REMEMBER THAT

[edit on 8-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Lol, I've seen people here mention that movie Zeitgeist a few times in the past month or so but every person who has mentioned it seems to have taken it for granted that everyone here knows what it's about.
But if you are saying that it's got something to do with this topic then I'll check it out. Hope it's on DVD and thanks for mentioning it!
Now just finishing that wiki page and will be looking over that other link but this information is not only fascinating but a lot of fun to read! Thanks again for the info!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Lol, I've seen people here mention that movie Zeitgeist a few times in the past month or so but every person who has mentioned it seems to have taken it for granted that everyone here knows what it's about.
But if you are saying that it's got something to do with this topic then I'll check it out. Hope it's on DVD and thanks for mentioning it!

No need for DVD - just need video.google.com!

Check out this thread also.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
cpdaman, I agree with most of what you are saying but I also believe, and this is based on my own personal experiences, that there are spiritual worlds composed of unseen beings including human discarnates who can somehow influence things here on our plane -- and much of it has to do with us simply making a request of some sort for 'them' to intervene in some way or whatever. I'm entertaining the notion that the morphic resonance of some of these beings give them more power than others.... or give them the strength that they have to manifest in someway onto our plane. Just throwing around some idea's here...
But I do believe, like you say, that there's much to be said about our collective unconscious mind and how powerful it is...

[edit on 8-7-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks Souljah! Great that it's already on line... will be checking it out!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
palasheea thank you for bringing up that point i believe that also for sure

i just was trying to explain why this knowledge of creatiion power had to be deflected for kings and queens to maintain the power over there subjects

and how the religious believe it because prayer works but there power of creation is dependant on a god figure when it doesn't have to be.

as well as how even today collective thought can IMO be very powerful in creating reality and it is not something that is taken kindly to when an effort is organized to do so

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It is obvious though that the Horus comparison to Jesus not accurate.

What does everyone know of Akhenaten. Akhenaten was born of a virgin mother by divine means. What was his role in history?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good point, cpdaman. The fact that organized religion always has those 'mediators' of one sort or another says much about just how powerful the direct route is to 'God' or the Univesal Mind or whatever one wants to call IT - is -- and how those mediators don't want the common man to have that direct access to God because it takes away their own power and control they have over the masses. Right?? lol.. just guessing but it does make sense to me that there's some truth to this hence why I've always been a religious agnostic.

but... I'm still learning and my own beliefs on everything are still evolving...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
It is obvious though that the Horus comparison to Jesus not accurate.

What does everyone know of Akhenaten. Akhenaten was born of a virgin mother by divine means. What was his role in history?

The phrase Born of a Virgin has yet again an astrological meaning:

"Born of a Virgin"

This makes reference to another sidereal phenomena happening at the same time. On the eastern horizon on the morning of the 25th of December, the ancients noticed the sign of Virgo. This was always known as being associated with Isis, the divine and archetypal Mother. So it was said that the sun of god, the light of the world was born or risen again after 3 days, and that he is born in a manger, of a Virgin. And even long before these particular constellational dynamics were known, the sun was said to be born of a virgin. The relevance came from the fact that in ancient times, the Egyptian New Year began in the sign of Virgo, on the 25th of July. So it was said that the sun was "born of a virgin," or in a virgin. And we read that Mary came into the Inn upon a donkey or ass. This refers again to Cancer, as one of the largest and most well known of the constellations in Cancer was and is called the Ass. This constellation and that of the Manger can be seen on any planispheres. In the art-work of the Medieval and Renaissance periods, four animals are commonly seen around the cot of Jesus. There is the donkey, the bull, the lamb and the lion. These represent the constellations and paranatellons of the Cardinal signs. There can be no other reason why a lion would be incorporated into the depiction. Actually, the reference to Mary being a virgin is not from the Bible being the essence of physical accuracy. The word almah, was mistranslated to read "virgin" when it really meant "unmarried mother." The mistranslation occurred purposely to align the concoction of the "biography" of Jesus to ancient cosmological and mythic motifs. The Christian should realize that if the Gospels were indeed a real biography, they would be infinitely more consistent than they are. And also if Christ existed, he did not write himself, begging the question as to whether his was the action of someone desirous of being remembered, or of someone intent on founding a new religion. He also directly prohibited any public prayer or ceremony. Were these words heeded by the founding fathers, who pretended to be so conscientious in their veracity?

The great star in the Virgin, appearing on the eastern edge of the horizon, at the moment of midnight, between the 24th and 25th of December, when the sun gains his first ascension, was said to preside over his nativity, and gave occasion to the fable of Christ, i.e., the sun being born of a Virgin.

It has to do with the stellar constellation of VIRGO - in which the SUN (Jesus) was born in the midnight from 24th to 25th of December; thus the meaning that the Sun was born of a Virgin. And if you look at the Zodiac sign of Virgo, it kind of looks like an M - therefore the expression VIRGIN MARY.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
dp

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow! Soulja.. the information you keep presenting here is really having an effect on me! And for it to be on a Sunday morning, like it is now at my location, in itself is significant to me on a very personal level. The Seeker in me is telling me to pay attention to this information that's been presented here so far -- so once again.. thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Right cpdaman! I'm with you on this one and it's great seeing so many like-minded people here in this thread talking about this subject! It's a journey of our minds as well as our souls. And it's all about having the freedom to find out for ourselves what's the real truth instead of having it dictated to us like it has been throughout most of the history of mankind.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The connections people are attributing to Jesus are not in the bible. They are catholic traditions, which were added to the practice of christianity but are not in the bible. For example:

1. JESUS WAS NOT BORN ON DECEMBER 25TH. This was a Catholic invention, to replace the Roman Empire's Pagan Celebration of the Winter Solstice with a Celebration of the Birth of Christ. Christ was born, based on the events listed and compared to the Hebrew calendar, sometime in September.

2. ISIS WAS NOT A VIRGIN. She was married to Osiris long before Horus was born. In fact, if you read the "SHABAKA STONE" text, it shows that Horus was already alive before Osiris drowned and took part in his rescue from his "water"

3. THE HEBREW TEXTS ARE NOT COPYCATS OF ANCIENT EGYPT. The texts of Akkadia (said to be Sumerian) are closer to the Bible than anything Egyptian.

4. SUMERIAN-AKKADIAN ENKI WAS SATAN. Please review Enki's history and do a comparative analysis of the biblical "Serpent in the Garden."

[edit on 8-7-2007 by undo]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
your right palasheea there seems to be a bit of unity among something that seems to be intended to be hidden, secretive, and confused

maybe time for someone to deflect

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the info undo!

It's clear there are differences of opinions on the actual sources of things mentioned in the Bible but it's fascinating that such material even exists where we can analyze and compare those different sources to determine for ourselves what's closer to the truth.

This involves a tremendous amount of time and effort but thankfully, there are so many people out there who have already done the leg work on a lot of this (you included) so that makes our research on these topics so much less time consuming.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
The connections people are attributing to Jesus are not in the bible. They are catholic traditions, which were added to the practice of christianity but are not in the bible. For example:

1. JESUS WAS NOT BORN ON DECEMBER 25TH. This was a Catholic invention, to replace the Roman Empire's Pagan Celebration of the Winter Solstice with a Celebration of the Birth of Christ. Christ was born, based on the events listed and compared to the Hebrew calendar, sometime in September.

2. ISIS WAS NOT A VIRGIN. She was married to Osiris long before Horus was born. In fact, if you read the "SHABAKA STONE" text, it shows that Horus was already alive before Osiris drowned and took part in his rescue from his "water"

3. THE HEBREW TEXTS ARE NOT COPYCATS OF ANCIENT EGYPT. The texts of Akkadia (said to be Sumerian) are closer to the Bible than anything Egyptian.

4. SUMERIAN-AKKADIAN ENKI WAS SATAN. Please review Enki's history and do a comparative analysis of the biblical "Serpent in the Garden."

Go watch Zeitgeist please. You and many other peoples responses sound like religous zealots trying to hold on to a once thought concrete religion that is slowing turning to dust.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the info undo!

It's clear there are differences of opinions on the actual sources of things mentioned in the Bible but it's fascinating that such material even exists where we can analyze and compare those different sources to determine for ourselves what's closer to the truth.

This involves a tremendous amount of time and effort but thankfully, there are so many people out there who have already done the leg work on a lot of this (you included) so that makes our research on these topics so much less time consuming.

Thanks.

It's amazing to me that people would try so hard to dig semitic tradition out of Egypt and claim one copied the other, which clearly was originally spawned by Mesopotamians, local Africans and the Chinese. Egypt was a melting pot society. If any similarities exist it is because they had a long political history of their royals intermarrying the royals of other kingdoms.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
truthwillneverberevealed,

Alright, if you think I'm just being a zealot, go, right now, and prove to me that Jesus was born on December 25th. Get the bible out, and find it. Remember, the only guide you have are the hebrew calendar events which are said to be transpiring at the time.

Have fun.

Not only was Isis not a virgin, but she was also the akkadian Inana. Research, my friend, research.

Have you READ the Shabaka Stone text? I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have been reading through this thread with interest. I am not a religious scolar by any means and have a tough time focusing on anything and I mean anything remotely religious. That being said I have a interest in spirituality and that it seems to me it comes from within. I have also read of the Mayan calender ending on December 23, 2012 and thus the age of Aquarious begins and the Mayan calender starts all over again.

Age of Aquarious

This age apparently will enlighten us to connect with all things living, so I am lead to understand.

[edit on 8/7/07 by Rhain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join