It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
First of all the stories of christ in the new testament are silly childrens myths passed down by fanatics. not that this will sway anyone so... the first few points are so ridiculous i couldnt pass them up:

isis was definitely not a virgin... seb or actually geb (used to be mistranslated as seb) was not horaces foster father and horace did not raise osiris his wife and sister isis did (thats very basic egyptian mythology)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Religion is a big crock of # it has been proven over and over but people still believe the stories....

Constantine Created Christianity, far as i know.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Religion is a big crock of # it has been proven over and over but people still believe the stories....

Constantine Created Christianity, far as i know.

"The formation of the New Testament Canon was a long drawn-out process that began centuries before Constantine and was not completed until well after his death. He in fact had nothing to do with it." - Bart D Ehrman, New Testament Scholar, Agnostic: "Truth and Fiction in the Da Vinci Code" pg.24

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Boywonder13]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There were around 36 historians around the area of the Mediterranean (where Jesus lived) during the time period od Jesus' life. If Jesus was such an important person during this time, how come not one historian documented his life. There are no records proving his existence besides the Bible; and 100 A.D., the first Christian followers even admited that their Jesus was very similar to other Gods before Jesus' time, bearing strikingly similar characteristics.

But, again, Jesus is only known from the Bible. If you took away the Bible, and literature on references to the Bible, where else could we find references of this man? No where..

Strange huh?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Jesus Christ as you call him has nothing in common with Horus.

Then what do you make of the first post? Is it lies. Because if it isn't, then this statement is plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Jesus Christ as you call him has nothing in common with Horus.

Then what do you make of the first post? Is it lies. Because if it isn't, then this statement is plain wrong.

i would like to see a Primary Source with all these things listed. not take it as fact from a blogsite called "The Atheist Empire of Liverpool"

just show some primary sources can't be to hard. the informatino had to to coem from somehwere.

and i thought skeptics were all about the evidence?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
No it proves none of that. I believe there was a man, born of a virgin and died a sacrificial death in the name of obtaining "universe" justice to exact on criminals here today, as the visions of his apostles and others in the bible state.

That man was given what they termed galactic center (Christ), because of his miraculous abilities like being able to manipulate his EM field to walk on water and tried to teach his followers. Healing the sick via heat and body oils and basic knowledge like eating high omega oil filled fish.

Then he started the movement of Christianity out of no intent, it was natural as though the evil state of things signed there future end. Also the coming armageddon created by these evil demons of the world was predicted, 2000 years ago. So while Christ may not have been his name for real, it is proper.

Its like saying Josh the galactic center..or Jeshua Messiah. Savior of good and innocent creatures.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ok everyone, spend a whopping 8 bucks and go out and buy a book called The Gods of Eden.. if you haven't read it already, it explains the true history of religion and freemasonry citing factual references and texts. the debate over who created "christianity" can go on and on, but does it really matter who did? personally i think all religion is just used for social control and mass manipulation, but i knew that long before i even heard of a "freemason"...

i'm even hearing some stuff lately by David Wilcock that Jesus considered himself a "son of man", and not the "son of God" - we're ALL the sons of God, with the power to create life, or destroy it - hence the whole "tree of knowledge of life and death". Jesus, possibly a red-headed Essene, just wanted to be remembered for helping his fellow man and spreading the true gospel of brotherly love - NOT the "Brotherhood of the Snake" brotherly love, either. he certainly did NOT want to be worshipped or considered a "Lord" - christianity simply put words into Jesus's mouth, twisting his true beliefs into something that benefitted the church.

EDIT: and by the way, David Wilcock says the name "Jesus" is just a bastardization of the word "Yehoshua"...

and he's right.

The name "Jesus" is an Anglicization of the Greek Ίησους (Iēsous), itself a Hellenization of the Hebrew יהושע (Yehoshua) or Hebrew-Aramaic ישוע (Yeshua), meaning "YHWH rescues".

[edit on 12-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
over all i have to say that zitegist is a great movie, however i have been doing hours and hours of research and there is some false statment in the movie if you wish to talk to me about this feel free to talk to me my name is james and my email is [email protected]

thank you and have a good day..

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I only had to read statement #2 to know that Horus does not = Christ. Horus father by seph I will give you, but Jesus was not fathered by Joseph. Mary was a virgin. Imaculate conception. Don't believe the lies people. Do not be decieved. Christ is real. Christ has risen!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted - I've read through a lot of the posts but there are a lot to go through (going back to do so now as some v.interesting info.)

YeHo = Joshua (the messiah's name) was changed to YZeus or Je-Zeus or as we now say, Jesus (pronounced Jezus).

Eli'shuah (the profit's name) means God is my salvation. Changed to Eli'Zeus or Eliseus which means God is Zeus.

I'll try and find the original link where I got this information and post it here.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
mabey I missed it somewhere in this thread....but where in Egypt is there writings of Horus being crucified? Ive read thiis idea before many times that Horus was crucified, but where does this idea come from?

Also, who believes Horus was a real man in the flesh, like Jesus? Im not sure I think Horus was a man in the flesh just as rl as you or me.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Stop praising Byrd, because he's wrong. Very wrong.

Isis WAS a virgin and WAS NOT impregenated by Osiris. In fact, Isis is known as "Virgin of the World." Osiris was killed by Set, and cut up into several (14) pieces. Isis used the "powers" of Ra to put Osiris back together again EXCEPT for his penis. Horus was then conceived through an "immaculate conception" WHILE Osiris was dead.

Also, Horus was called the "KRST."

Coincidence?

Wake up, Christians.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

WOW" I was born into the catholic faith. From an early age that is what my parents indicated I was going to be. Just like most catholics. Its drilled into you every day that we are right and the rest are wrong. I am 60 years old and after the past couple years learning about other faiths or religious mythology it has finally convinced me that this christianity/catholicism is all just a bunch of lies. There is no written documentation, no archeology, no forensic information whatsover during the life of this mythical Jesus. The four gospels are FULL of discrepancies and contradictions written several decades after this mythical jesus lived. How accurate would that be? Christianity is a copying of recyled religions or mythical religions that came before. Anyone who can't see this is ignorant. Catholics are taught not to ever question their faith. Why? Because they don't want you to find the truth, which isn't christianity.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Mary was a virgin. Imaculate conception.

Oh dear.
You confused the "virgin birth" with the "immaculate conception".

They are NOT the same thing.

The Virgin Birth is Mary birthing Jesus, believed since the beginning.

The Immaculate Conception is Anne conceiving Jesus,
which only became dogma in 1854.

So many believers confuse these two different events in their own religion.

Kapyong

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

I have just finished reading The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur. There are too many similarities between Horus and Christ to reject the author's claim that the story of Jesus Christ was plagiarised from much earlier Egyptian mythology.

Except that Harpur's amaturish attempt at equating Jesus with Horus doesn't pass the smell detector. You see, the origin story of Horus changedin the Post-Christian era. Read the Book of the Dead - the origin story bears absolutely no simularities with Harpur's description or the story of Jesus.

Also, Harpur seems to make things up in order to sell his argument, and count on the fact most of his readers are just going to take his word for it. Take his claim that Horus was born of a virgin. Horus' mother was Isis - THE FERTILITY GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it hilarious that people actually take Tom Harpur seriously. But as P.T. Barnum said......

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by papabryant

....theres a sucker born everyday

people should do more research thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Angels and the Devil knew about Jesus before he was born, hence the flood during Noah's time to distrupt the Adamite bloodline so the Angels could save them selves. A lot of counterfieting happened in terms of the saviour because many were searching for him and creating disruptions or even tryed to kill Jesus before he was born, very Arnold's Terminator storyline here. So you can always trace the deceptios of the past and the fakery which linger on today as it did then with the mystery religions.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join