It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Blaine91555
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: atheistempire.wordpress.com...
Could it be that a site that calls itself "The Atheist Empire Of Liverpool" could be a tad biased?
Until you pointed out this site.
Seven Principles of Cosmic Spirituality
The entire cosmos is the manifestation of Divine Mind-every molecule, every cell, every creature, every rock, tree, mountain, planet, blazing star, whirling galaxy and universe of galaxies.
We are all an integral, interconnected part of the whole cosmos and our own inner world is a holograph of the cosmos within us.
One basic datum underlies every religion under the sun, the principle of Incarnation. The Word or Logos, God's self-expression made manifest, has given the light of its divine spark to every mind/soul coming into the world. Christians call this the Christ or "Christ in us." Other faiths have different names or modes of expression for this same inner reality.
Every religion whose ethical core is summed up by the word "compassion" or "loving-kindness" to all other creatures without exception has a vision of the truth and is a valid "way" to Transcendence.
No one faith or religion-whatever its claims may be, alone has The Truth.
True cosmic spirituality is steeped in, flows from, and derives its most powerful analogies and metaphors from the natural world -- from the tiniest bit of dust to the spiraling stars above.
The core aim of cosmic spirituality is radical transformation, both personal and societal.www.tomharpur.com...
1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.
2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.
3. Horus was of royal descent. Jesus was of royal descent.
4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.
5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. The birth of Jesus announced by angels.
6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.
7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.
8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.
9. Horus had 12 followers. Jesus had 12 disciples.
10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.
11. Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.
12. Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.
13. Horus was killed by crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified.
14. Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified with two thieves.
15. Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].
16. Horus was resurrected after 3 days. Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.
17. The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women. The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.
18. Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”
Originally posted by NJE777
Do not try to turn this thread into a Athiest/Christian debate.
Originally posted by Byrd
Although I'm pagan and believe that Jesus was not a historical figure, I do want to set the record straight. There's actually no correlation between Horus and Jesus.
Sorry to be so rough on the material, but it really is invented scholarship.
The Romans did adopt and blend the myths of Mary and of Isis, and there's some similarities between them:
So... bottom line... although I'm sympatheti cto the claim of Jesus as being strictly a mythic figure, the parallels between Jesus and Horus were invented (shamefully) by someone in the late 20th century and should not be taken seriously.
Originally posted by mrbocci
Wow, this looks very intriguing, how comes no one has made this connection previously though? (assuming they haven't that is).
Originally posted by Byrd
Remember: Always go to the Original Sources on the documents.
Originally posted by Leyla
This is the utter nonsense that the Bible warns about. The devil wants us confused and turn away from God.
There are no explicit references to archangels in the canonical texts of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament). Indeed even angels are uncommon except in later works like Daniel, though they are mentioned briefly in the stories of Jacob (who, according to several interpretations, wrestled with an angel) and Lot (who was warned by angels of the impending destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah). The earliest references to archangels are in the literature of the intertestamental periods (e.g., 4 Esdras 4:36).
Originally posted by Spoodily
I'll just say it. Jesus is the anti-christ the Bible warns about. The world could potentially be destroyed by Jesus in his name. God does not need a man to represent God, God is almighty. God does not need religion to know of God.
Which of these commandments is Jesus not having you break?
I am the Lord thy God
Thou shalt have no other gods before me
Thou shalt not make for thyself an idol
Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God
Jesus and religions turn people away from God.