It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hi,

That is my whole point, an online discussion to try to prove that one side is right and no chance of either side yielding.

Is religion for the weak minded, yes. Do aliens exist, yes. Are we all just pawns to a NWO, yes. Is talk cheap, yes. I don't know how long I will spend time on this site but wake up people. Get out there and do something, you are not making a difference here. Talking, debating, chatting, is all just a waste of time as I am wasting mine and yours for that matter. Nothing will change as long as people are too lazy to do anything about it and that's the truth you can debate about for the next ten pages or so. You can think all you want about how wonderful you are and your shallow self and think that you know the truth and you may articulate yourself well with all your so called knowledge and facts but what is the bottom line? What are you doing with your life, are you really making a difference, no you are not. Enjoy you personal lie, you lie to yourself every day and you continue to do so because you believe what you are doing is right and no one will change your ways. This is merely a form of entertainment that you justify in your head as the right thing to do as you pass the time. You must be proud of yourself, great job!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashly, I think you may have a point, there, about Horus.
I was listening, last night, to a Coast to Coast podcast from Dec 12,07 interview with Michael Tsarion. The first caller's first question was if the ancient Egyptians were green colored. Michael's answer was, no. The caller did not say, exactly, why he wanted to know. My guess is that he was trying to figure out why there are paintings of figures who are green colored. So, acording to Michael, the living Egyptians were not green, so it may be that anyone who is depicted in the paintings as green, were dead.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
LMAO!!!! You know what Jesus could come back a tell you, Ash you got it all wrong, And you would call him a Christ Myther to.

I would definitely have to laugh at that irony! Just imagine... Calling Christ a Christ Myther. Talk about egg on my face in that scenario.
But I'm sure you know where I stand on that matter of plausibility.

JimDewey- I think that is exactly why their skin is green and remember reading it some time ago. Those of the Egyptian underworld including Osiris were often depicted as having green-silvery skin due to their decomposed states.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
here's the text without commentary, however the translator wrote it in king james english

Book of the Dead
interoz.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

So many words, blah blah blah. Why is it every religious related text is so full of blah blah blah. Are there Cliff notes? Every religious text of every type of religion if full of blah blah blah. I suppose I am not enlightened enough to stay awake reading the blah blah blah parts.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

Not this AGAIN!!!!!

Ok, get this through your thick skull. Similar cultures in similar situations composed of similar organisms *CREATE* similar fairy tales...

It's pretty archetypal... Study Jung for at least 6 months, and you will get this.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
You can think all you want about how wonderful you are and your shallow self and think that you know the truth and you may articulate yourself well with all your so called knowledge and facts but what is the bottom line?

It puts the lotion on its skin.

- Con

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Is religion for the weak minded, yes. Do aliens exist, yes. Are we all just pawns to a NWO, yes. Is talk cheap, yes. I don't know how long I will spend time on this site but wake up people. Get out there and do something, you are not making a difference here. Talking, debating, chatting, is all just a waste of time as I am wasting mine and yours for that matter. Nothing will change as long as people are too lazy to do anything about it and that's the truth you can debate about for the next ten pages or so. You can think all you want about how wonderful you are and your shallow self and think that you know the truth and you may articulate yourself well with all your so called knowledge and facts but what is the bottom line? What are you doing with your life, are you really making a difference, no you are not. Enjoy you personal lie, you lie to yourself every day and you continue to do so because you believe what you are doing is right and no one will change your ways. This is merely a form of entertainment that you justify in your head as the right thing to do as you pass the time. You must be proud of yourself, great job!

Yes, yes, yes, you make some terrific and wildly fantastic points, but you forgot just one thing. In a world that is decreasing in amount of reasoning and thought; in world of radio & TV with it's one way information flow now increasingly controlled by fewer and fewer sources; in a world of increasing apathy; right here, right now, thousands upon thousands of posts all thinking about things (some actual, some conceptually) and talking with one another about things, and sometimes even applying reason (our nation was built on the premise that in a democracy reason will win out and wrongs therefore can be righted) among the various topics...at a time when the average American is watching 4 or more hours of TV daily, and have stopped reading books and newspapers, and seldom talk about these subjects amongst one another, I think we should welcome all of this with open arms!

Yeah, we may be wearing out the seats of our pants from sitting on our hineys all night, and risking carpel tunnel syndrome for our hands glued to the keyboards, and need to rest our eyes from time to time for being glued to the monitor, but at least we are interacting, talking about, thinking about, debating, looking at alternatives, discussing possibilities, learning etc... these are all positive things IMHO. I wouldn't say it's a waste of time for everyone...but then our society doesn't require that everyone be a thinker either, a person can choose to just indulge in labor followed by four or more hours of nightly TV if you like and avoid anything even remotely associated with discussing theory or thinking sensation. Me...well, I prefer some of my time be spent seeing what everyone else is thinking about various topics, like many of the threads on ATS, I also enjoy reading, some TV and movies, music, outdoor stuff too...but my favorite is reading books (mostly non fiction current events, history, science, sometimes even coast to coast guest books etc...) and magazines (such as Mother Jones, the Nation, The Week) staying informed and of course following ATS stuff where you sometimes learn more here than any other source...or as George Norry said "the truth is in there somewhere"...

anyway, I liked your post, and for me it wasn't a waste of time, at least not conceptually.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I'm not sure. Everything on the history channel seems to be either about hte Bible, or the Nazis. Perhaps they're trying to cash in on the "angry protestant republican" demographic.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

What do nazis have to do with Christian republicans?
What about Angry? Protestant?
I don't see where you're going with that.

What was the topic again?

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Originally posted by truthwillneverberevealed
If you think you can touch zeitgeist please enlighten us all.

Zeitgeist is unsourced nonsense.
It has been extensively debunked as inaccurate.
But sadly, many un-informed internet denizens believe every word without checking.

Anyone who checks the film's claims will find they do not stand up to scrutiny. I urge readers here to actually CHECK the claims - that is if you actually WANT to know the facts.

Critiques can be found in many places on the net,
here is one such critique showing some specific false claims :

www.consider.org...

Iasion

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Iasion]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestatue
only problems are Jesus actually existed horus did not Jesus's existence is recorded in more that just the bible the jewish temples kept records of his crimes against God

False.
No such records exist.
All we have is nasty Jewish stories from long afterwards.

Originally posted by thestatue......and the roman kept record of his crimes against the person closest to the gods ceasar

False.
No such records exist.
All we have is Roman comments about later Christian beliefs.

Originally posted by thestatue
......see all these are proofs that Jesus existed and the story of horus was just some warped vision demons gave to the egyptians sorry man

False.
There is no proof, or even any contemporary evidence, for the existence of Jesus.

Iasion

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Haven't been paying much attention these last eight years, have ya?
I'll admit it WAS off-topic. Blah. Can't blame me, the premise of hte topic has been pretty much blasted to smithereens

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

you may find this thread interesting:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

a simple error of zeitgeist: jesus was not born on the 25th of dec. that was just made up in teh 4th century, and was celebrated by christians (wiether true ones or not) as an alternative to all the other pagan holidays over the solstace.

sorry for the spelling.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Look, the early civilizations all possessed some kind of mythology...we call it mythology because it can't be proven. The bible has been proven true in at least some aspects by other writers of the time such as Josephus.

The problem is...which mythology are YOU going to believe. You have a choice as a human being. For myself, I choose the one that makes most sense to me. That doesn't mean you have to choose it. And folks of my sway don't try to make you believe any of them.

I've studied it all for years, and I still come back to the one that makes the most sense. God created the heavens and the earth, in one fell split-second swoop...just as the astrophysicists have recently proven. I don't need to believe a myth. I have evidence before my very eyes...the universe.

The word "myth" itself implies there is something false about it. Early communication was verbal. We all know verbalism creates error. I'll take the written, proven record.

Just mho.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
Look, the early civilizations all possessed some kind of mythology...we call it mythology because it can't be proven. The bible has been proven true in at least some aspects by other writers of the time such as Josephus.

The problem is...which mythology are YOU going to believe. You have a choice as a human being. For myself, I choose the one that makes most sense to me. That doesn't mean you have to choose it. And folks of my sway don't try to make you believe any of them.

I've studied it all for years, and I still come back to the one that makes the most sense. God created the heavens and the earth, in one fell split-second swoop...just as the astrophysicists have recently proven. I don't need to believe a myth. I have evidence before my very eyes...the universe.

The word "myth" itself implies there is something false about it. Early communication was verbal. We all know verbalism creates error. I'll take the written, proven record.

Just mho.

The big lie is that the other beliefs are myths. They are not. They are essentially talking about the same exact things, but from a different god perspective. Even then, some of the cases are tribal memories of the same God of the hebrews and christians. What better way to keep the spread of any particular belief at a minimum>? Tell the others that the other guy's belief is a myth. No corroboration equals little to no proof. Truth is, there's oodles of proof, everwhere, from every culture. It's darn scary that the brainwashing has gotten to the point where it's become a religion all on its own.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Noone has to look at the creation stories as religions. I'm not even implying that none of them are true, because they all have some elements of what I call "truth" in them. I'm just expressing my own believe system, not cramming it down your throat. Sorry if it sounded that way.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well from what ive read I think its a big stretch!!!!!!!!I find thaT the links are greatly axaggerated

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

Thinking out of bucks boxes.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Rigel]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Make sure you ALL watch "ZEITGEIST, The Movie - Official Release - Full Film" one the best informative documanteries out there explaining (with facts) on where most religions come from and more...

video.google.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join