It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Who is copying who?

Egyptian Tomb Inscription May Bear Oldest Proto-Hebrew Text Yet

Jerusalem — A magic spell to keep snakes away from the tombs of Egyptian kings, adopted from the Canaanites almost 5,000 years ago, could be the oldest Semitic text yet discovered, experts said Tuesday.

"This is highly significant because maybe, according to the researcher, it dates to the third millennium B.C., so it's the most ancient pre-Canaanite text that we ever met and maybe ... it is the most ancient Semitic text ever discovered," said Moshe Florentine, an expert on ancient Hebrew and a member of the language academy.

The Egyptians' use of the magic spell demonstrates the close relations they had at the time with the Canaanites.

While Egyptians considered their own culture and religion superior to that of their neighbors to the northeast, they were willing to do anything to protect the mummies of their kings from the poisonous snakes.

Believing that some snakes spoke the Semitic language of the Canaanites, Egyptians included the magic spells in inscriptions on two sides of the sarcophagus in an effort to ward them off."

www.foxnews.com.../scitech/archaeology

Regarding Horus being Jesus, it's quite a bit "stretched to fit" for those of us who prefer history books rather than the History Channel. One of my favorite claims before I'd said goodbye to their version of history was that Moses was a mastermind military general.
Nice. Can we do more research instead of repeating what tv's "timeghost" has to say?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

I actually watched that documentary recently, its really cool. I guess it explains a lot, linking new religion to past religion.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The story TimeGhost (not documentary) is predatory. It feeds off of a lack of historical knowledge of the viewer on the topic and fabricates its own 'information' instead. That kind of disregard and departure from what was recorded during that time is insulting to Egyptian, Hebrew, and other culturally involved peoples. The History channel has a "history" of doing this kind of thing. To what aim or purpose I'm still uncertain.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Who is copying who?

Egyptian Tomb Inscription May Bear Oldest Proto-Hebrew Text Yet

Jerusalem — A magic spell to keep snakes away from the tombs of Egyptian kings, adopted from the Canaanites almost 5,000 years ago, could be the oldest Semitic text yet discovered, experts said Tuesday.

"This is highly significant because maybe, according to the researcher, it dates to the third millennium B.C., so it's the most ancient pre-Canaanite text that we ever met and maybe ... it is the most ancient Semitic text ever discovered," said Moshe Florentine, an expert on ancient Hebrew and a member of the language academy.

The Egyptians' use of the magic spell demonstrates the close relations they had at the time with the Canaanites.

While Egyptians considered their own culture and religion superior to that of their neighbors to the northeast, they were willing to do anything to protect the mummies of their kings from the poisonous snakes.

Believing that some snakes spoke the Semitic language of the Canaanites, Egyptians included the magic spells in inscriptions on two sides of the sarcophagus in an effort to ward them off."

www.foxnews.com.../scitech/archaeology

Regarding Horus being Jesus, it's quite a bit "stretched to fit" for those of us who prefer history books rather than the History Channel. One of my favorite claims before I'd said goodbye to their version of history was that Moses was a mastermind military general.
Nice. Can we do more research instead of repeating what tv's "timeghost" has to say?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by saint4God]

Great point! I was thinking the SAME thing when I heard that.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

[edit on 1/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow, that was almost unexpected, XcLuciFerx.
Thanks for illustrating my point and feel free to chime in when you have a thought of your own.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Wow, that was almost unexpected, XcLuciFerx.
Thanks for illustrating my point and feel free to chime in when you have a thought of your own.

Well I just posted something on my thread about this and I will post it here as well. If you think I'm wrong for believeing that man may not have been and is not now intellectually capable of comprehending the meaning of God, fine I respect that, but I disagree. I don't think we have a clue, and so we should stop trying to claim that we do. Maybe it would be wiser to get a better understanding of or selves and our planet and how to live in harmony with one another before we start trying to conquer a topic as complex as God! If you are under the impression that God belongs to you or only loves you, you are the chosen ones,or something to that effect, get over yourself, GROW UP. Its time for us to grow up. How dare we claim to have a connection with perfection when we can't even handle the task of shelter and starvation. We are an arrogant species that is on the verge of self destruction because no one wants to say I don't know. Wake up!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
well that's where jesus comes in. since we are so clueless, he acts as our defense attorney. at least, that's my theory, and it's based on a few scattered biblical texts. i've seen some pretty cool things, that i don't think humans on their own, could do, but perhaps with a little supernatural help, this is rectified.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've stayed out of this thread because such things are old news. CLICK HERE to see an article debunking the similarities using actual translated Egyptian mythology texts. Or HERE. Or HERE. It's old [debunked] news. If you want to look up the claims yourself, CLICK HERE and run some searches about Horus and the mythology surrounding him. No such parallels between him and Jesus exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well that's where jesus comes in. since we are so clueless, he acts as our defense attorney. at least, that's my theory, and it's based on a few scattered biblical texts. i've seen some pretty cool things, that i don't think humans on their own, could do, but perhaps with a little supernatural help, this is rectified.

No, thats where you need to come in. Jesus, if he existed has already made it to where you are trying to get. Use your own identity, stop trying to useing someone else's power and use your own!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL I can do that to see www.near-death.com... Oh he is another www.religioustolerance.org...
wait here is another www.bobkwebsite.com... Do you want to continue this silly game.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Isis was Inana etc etc. How can she be Mary or whatever, if she's Inana?
Man, those guys sure give the romans alot of credit for ingenuity and more info than is even remotely reasonable. Some of the stuff wasn't even dug up yet, in the time frame of Jesus. It was still buried or partially buried ruins and so forth.

Eh, whatever. Common sense seems to be in short supply now that it's hip to be brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Which is why I pointed everyone to the Egyptian texts on Sacred-Texts.com. Instead of taking a Christian's word for it that the accusations are false or a secularist's word for it that the accusations are true, go and examine the Egyptian texts and mythology for yourself. The parallels will go up in flames. The same is true for Buddha, Krishna, Mithras, Dionysus, and the dozen other pagan figures constantly claimed as an inspiration for the life of Jesus. When it doubt, go to the sources of the figures in question. Simple really.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder whatever happened to that news report about the early christian city found in Israel? The one with the jesus fish mosaics in the floor or whatever?

[edit on 25-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This kinda reminds me of people claiming that there was no historical support for the stories in the bible from any other ancient culture. That is, until they started finding the old akkadian and early babylonian texts and ruins, that not only supported it but were nearly identical in many cases. Then it was, well the bible writers just copied the stuff and didn't actually have the history themselves. (let's ignore the fact that these were semites who lived there!) That was until it was discovered that the torah was an oral history until it was finally written down during Babylon. Jesus never existed. Till roman and greek records were discovered. So they ruled the roman and greek records unreliable. This goes on and on and on.

ancient history scares the kajeebas outta some people.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Which is why I pointed everyone to the Egyptian texts on Sacred-Texts.com. Instead of taking a Christian's word for it that the accusations are false or a secularist's word for it that the accusations are true, go and examine the Egyptian texts and mythology for yourself. The parallels will go up in flames. The same is true for Buddha, Krishna, Mithras, Dionysus, and the dozen other pagan figures constantly claimed as an inspiration for the life of Jesus. When it doubt, go to the sources of the figures in question. Simple really.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by AshleyD]

Ok this is from that site that you provided does this sound familiar? "This is the story of the sufferings and death of Osiris as told by Plutarch. Osiris was the god through whose sufferings and death the Egyptian hoped that his body might rise again in some transformed or glorified shape, and to him who had conquered death and had become the king of the other world the Egyptian appealed in prayer for eternal life through his victory and power. In every funeral inscription known to us, from the pyramid texts down to the roughly written prayers upon coffins of the Roman period, what is done for Osiris is done also for the deceased, the state and condition of Osiris are the state and condition of"

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!! should I continue Ash

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Erm, did Plutarch say that or did the egyptians say that or who's words are those? Link me up!

also, I don't believe Osiris resurrected. Isis
hovered over his body, which had been dissected into 14 pieces and scattered along the nile. she had gatehred the (i studied this years ago) the pieces and put them together. he was missing the family jewels, because set had tossed it into the ocean where it was swallowed by an oxyrhyncus fish. she made him a fake one. then she hovered over him and said some magical incantations and she was able to conceive his child, even though he was not really alive.
this is a very mixed up story, where the original has been mingled with other stories that were told locally about osiris.

one of the clearer examples, and my favorite, is on the shabaka stone. in it, osiris is found drowned in his water. horus (who is already alive) and isis and her 2 sisters, fish him out of the water. and he enters the portals of the lords of eternity.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay, the person who wrote that was E. A. WALLIS BUDGE (who i happen to enjoy reading but feel is adding his own spin on it. i'll read the actual text and get back to you, to see where he derives that impression from).

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Plutarch? As in the Greek historian that lived after Jesus? But let's continue. Keep reading the details of Osiris:

He is depicted as having green skin in the Egyptian artwork. Why? Because he is depicted as being dead. The other gods never allowed him to return to the world of the living. So, he was deemed the god of the Egyptian underworld while being depicted as corpse-like. He never achieved a victory over life and death like Jesus did.

Osiris was never crucified. He was either hacked to bits in battle and later reassembled by his wife Isis or was tricked by Set into being sealed inside a coffin and being sent out to sea. After Isis reassembled her deceased husband and (sorry for the crudeness that is about to follow but we're all adults) she masturbated his phallus, placed the semen inside of her, and became pregnant with Horus. So, there goes our assumption of a virgin birth.

Horus was associated with the signs of the zodiac. Jesus' apostles were actual people whose writings exist to this day. Furthermore, adding Barnabas would make thirteen so there goes that correlation. Because of this, many are now claiming the "13th hidden sign of the zodiac must represent Barnabas." This isn't Christianity being taken from pagan origins. This is Christianity being forcefully compared to pagan origins. It's a square peg in a round hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join