It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
part of the problem is identifying Nimrod.
the other part of the problem is understanding the confusion over the terms, sumer, akkadia and babylon.

for example, sumer technically ended at the end of the meso flood, but some scholars still refer to akkadia as sumer, or more specifically, the cylinder seals, artifacts and tablets that are mostly of akkadian origin, are also called sumerian because many of the stories are of the sumerian heroes and gods.

enki, who was a sumerian "god" in the akkadian texts, was depicted as a great dragon in the akkadian texts, and depicted as a lizard bipedal figure in a statue from ancient Eridu (at least, i think it's Enki since its the only figurine from his city of Eridu, dated circa 4000 BC!). yet by the time of akkadia, he was depicted as a human, wearing elaborate garments and headdress.

it's my belief that enki as the akkadian "ea" was also the egyptian Ra, and it's from this historical reference that the foundation for Ra is found.

also, the E.Abzu, Enki's sumerian "temple", was later called the E.Nun, identifying it with the Nun of egyptian stories. (E. simply meant it was temple associated with a god). In fact, the E.Nun was the temple, the primeval mountain/island, and its associated Abzu was the primordial ocean from which all life sprang for both the egyptians and the akkadians in their stories (Abydos, seat of Osiris, is greek word for "Abdju" and the dj in Abdju is pronounced "z" so Abydos is spoken "Abzu". the Osirieon is the E.Nun, the E.Abzu, duplicated at "Abydos". The entire city was named after Enki's Abzu from Eridu). The trails are all tangled together because the egyptians, akkadians, babylonians and assyrians, (not to mention chinese and indians) were intermarrying and engaging in marriages for political/financial reasons. so one's history became another's, and it all melded together, combining local custom with foreign equivalents.

dating the beginning of babylonian civilization is basically dating the end of akkadia. what happened essentially, from what i can tell is, that the akkadians had to rebuild and it wasn't until babylon was officially recognized as a thriving civilization, that the dating of civilizations began for the hebrews of that timeframe.

egypt rises at this time as well, almost concurrently, so claiming that either one is older than the other is not exactly correct. although the pyramids at gizah may be older, the actual post flood civilizations are growing together, nearly simultaneously.

the gizah pyramids may in fact be ante-diluvian.

(i subscribe to the gap theory in Genesis. that the creation of the universe predated the events of when it is said that the world is in chaos and void, by millions of years, and that this is where all the confusion arises. afterall, it says later that Jehovah did not create the earth in chaos. the opening verses point to the earth becoming chaotic. notice the dry land is already there, the water just receeds and reveals its location. it's the ice age melt. the ice age marks the end of the seraphim time of trial, when the good are separated from the bad. that humans were not originally from earth, that eden was elsewhere and that this planet was originally the domain of the race of angels known as seraphim who were essentially reptilian in appearance (seraph means serpent, or more specifically serpentine and glowing, shining, like brass), who underwent their time of testing and trial in the zep tepi, the first time and this is their planet,not the planet of homo sapiens. this view solves so many anomalies in the ancient records, i have lost count)

[edit on 6-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
part of the problem is identifying Nimrod.
the other part of the problem is understanding the confusion over the terms, sumer, akkadia and babylon.

Suddenly, reading the word 'akkadia' as for the first time, I thought 'arcadia!' Have you heard of Arcadia?

enki, who was a sumerian "god" in the akkadian texts, was depicted as a great dragon in the akkadian texts, and depicted as a lizard bipedal figure in a statue from ancient Eridu (at least, i think it's Enki since its the only figurine from his city of Eridu, dated circa 4000 BC!). yet by the time of akkadia, he was depicted as a human, wearing elaborate garments and headdress.

You see, the oldest texts are probably more reliable as far as what that ancient people first believed - what we earliest remember as human beings.
And it would seem that IF the Sumerian flood story was true, then so many continued their own twist on the one story - then obviously SOMETHING happened - not necessarily unexplainable but rather misunderstood down throughout the ages.

Such as the melting of the Ice Caps and then the Younger-Dryas. And at time, it was just around 10,500 years ago, if I recall. And the Younger-Dryas lasted 1,500 years and so that's around 12,000 years ago. And that's not religion but rather what the scientists seem to agree on and it makes sense to me. Empirical evidence is a good thing only when FOUND, not 'searched for.'

egypt rises at this time as well, almost concurrently, so claiming that either one is older than the other is not exactly correct. although the pyramids at gizah may be older, the actual post flood civilizations are growing together, nearly simultaneously.

the gizah pyramids may in fact be ante-diluvian.

There is a suggested astronomical layout which includes not just the pyramids but also the Nile (as the Milky Way) and a point somewhere southwest on the Nile valley (forget the name - corresponds to part of the constellation of LEO) - and that if this is the case, then 10,500 or some near equivalent years ago, the precession of the equinox would have the Sphinx staring the heavenly lion in the eye. There was more to it, and providing that the information he gave was accurate, then it is very logical and makes sense.

who underwent their time of testing and trial in the zep tepi)

The 'first time,' right?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I did some preliminary study on the whereabouts of the hebrews at the time of Sumer. They actually weren't a distinct group, other than they weren't hybrids of the anunnaki, but simply homo sapiens. They were human slaves to the anunnaki and their hybrid offspring, so their history diverged from the history of the mainstream version of the time. They maintained an oral tradition, while the anunnaki version was carved in stone. The oral tradition is spoken of by Moses in Deuteronomy, in which he describes how their forefathers had maintained the histories of what happened to their people -- "Ask your fathers and they will tell you...". Thusly you see 2 somewhat to very different versions of the same events, the official version carved in stone, and the hebrew version passed down in oral tradition to the time of Babylon, at which point it was written down.

I'm stlll a bit sketchy on the zep tepi. I do believe it is referring to ante-diluvian time, and that ante-diluvian time is characterized by 2 major cataclysms, at the very least - one being the ice age that ended the first seraphim civilization on earth, and the second being the meso flood, which has several very important events transpiring in it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Clearskies
"The name of Shing Moo, applied by the Chinese to their "Holy Mother," compared with another name of the same goddess in another province of China, strongly favours the conclusion that Shing Moo is just a synonym for one of the well known names of the goddess-mother of Babylon.

Shing Moo? Who the heck is Shing Moo?
That isn't even a good made-up name!

Here's a list of goddesses from the Nasa website....
"The Celtic Year

The Goddess Lunar Calendar

Celestial Calendars

Gods & Goddesses
Thoth, Ancient Egypt
Bridgit the Enchantress, Celtic Ireland
Diana, Ancient Rome
Artemis the Divine Archer, Ancient Greece
Shing-Moo, Ancient China
Cybele, the Lioness, Ancient Phrygia
Sinn, Ancient Babylonia
Hecate, the Dark One, Ancient Greece
Lilith, Ancient Sumeria
Khons the forgotten Egyptian, Ancient Egypt
Caridwen, Queen of the Cauldron
Danu, the Good Mother, Ireland
Isis, Mistress of Magic, Ancient Egypt."
goddesses

The Egyptian Mu or Maut was symbolised either by a vulture, or an eye surrounded by a vulture's wings (WILKINSON). The symbolic meaning of the vulture may be learned from the Scriptural expression: "There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen" (Job 28:7).

Ma'at? The eye of Horus? Or Mut?

And, consistently translated, Job 28:7 ought to read
(...) which the kite's eye hath not seen.

H344 is translated as 'kite' in the only two other OT mentions, and another word for vulture is translated as 'vulture' every time - H1722.

H344 could be vulture as you might know.
H1722 is dehab; gold.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Clearskies]

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

The link I already provided you with.

Not that one - you mention 'Theologia' and 'VAUX'S Antiquities,' neither one of which I have heard of.

My LINK quotes these.
Maybe I will research them, though!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Vaux's Antiquities may have been from this "Lord Vaux" mentioned here
Lord Vaux
I think the Theologia quoted might be Theologia Germanica.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Here's a list of goddesses from the Nasa website....

But NASA isn't into studying religions - and so a scientific website isn't the best place to find something like this, plus it isn't one that I can find anywhere else.

I have never ever heard of Shing Moo - not that I am saying there is no such goddess but I am saying that I know this subject fairly well, especially on the most surface level - and I know quite a bit about the Asian flavored pantheon and I just don't recall a Shing Moo.

All the links I found, via Google, were the same sort - the sources are of the same mind as the author of your Babylon book.

A whole gaggle of theologists that agree on any particular idea means nothing as far as proving certain facts which are available - such as what the peoples called their gods and what they represented. China has a largely unbroken time-line in known history so there is a lot of information available.

H344 could be vulture as you might know.

Indeed. It certainly could. I pondered this. If vulture doesn't fit with Kite on the flip-side, then where would we put the Kite?

Semantically speaking, that is?

H1722 is dehab; gold.

OOOps. My bad. :shk:

Vulture is H1772.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Here's another link not associated with the Reverend Alexander Hislop
Mother Goddesses
There are so MANY references to The Two Babylons because it is so good!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by queenannie38

Here's another link not associated with the Reverend Alexander Hislop
Mother Goddesses

Bookmarked for my link site! artapprentice.net... (secrets of sumer)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetwingq8
please read the book by kersey graves a quaker minister in the 1880's called "16 crucified saviors, Christianity before Christ"

No, please DO NOT DO THIS!!! Graves' book is the most utter tosh. It is the only book known to me to carry a warning on Internet Infidels as being grossly factually wrong.

This is not a matter as between Christian and non-Christian, but between the educated -- whatever their religion -- and the gullible uneducated.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No, that's not the point I was making. The links that Google pulls up are one-sided and include not a single scholarly source. Theology is not the same as scholastics. One is opinion and the other attempts to study empirical evidence.

I'll take empirical evidence any day, thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So Nasa isn't good enough for you Queenannie?
Do you really think they have been persuaded by The Two Babylons?

If you don't think this book is accurate, show me why not, let's
not be to skeptical.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So Nasa isn't good enough for you Queenannie?

#1 Mythology is NOT NASA's forte
#2 The information is partially inaccurate!

I've studied a lot of mythology - Shing Moo has never come up in my research. And I searched again. Nothing but what pertains to your book - nothing outside of that school of thought.

Do you really think they have been persuaded by The Two Babylons?

Right above your cited list:

To find out more about calendars, check out these links (please note: these pages are off-site. NASA is not responsible for their content):

It isn't NASA-endorsed information!

If you don't think this book is accurate, show me why not, let's
not be to skeptical.

Okay. But let's do that on another thread, since this one is about Egypt mythology, not Babylonian anything. I'll send you a link.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

And from the Amduat itself ("Book of the Underworld" translations of texts found on the walls of tombs), you can see that the dying sun becomes Ra/Re in the underworld, travels there, confronts his serpent enemy Apophis, and defeats him and emerges from the underworld as a scarab beetle. Set's not there and Horus doesn't die:
www.nga.gov...

Even the oldest inscriptions (pyramid texts) talk of Ra/Re being the sun god in the underworld.
www.egyptvoyager.com...

Regarding the red solar disk being worn as a headdress by majority of the Egyptian deities, I somewhat agree that it represents the red rising and setting sun.

However, since the noon sun was Ra/Re because of its incredible strength (www.egyptologyonline.com...), the solar disk should be colored bright yellow to correctly represent the fullness of the sun god Ra. What confuses me is that why is it still a red solar disk which does not represent the fullness of the sun at noon? Isn't it that the sun was represented by several gods in Egypt according to the position of the sun in the sky? So, logically at noon, they should have colored it bright yellow.

They have correctly represented the colors of their hair, skin, animals, trees, plants, ornaments, and jewelries, but have incorrectly colored the noon sun as red. The sun god Ra is an important icon of ancient Egypt, I don't think they should have missed this at all.

Unless what they see during noon time is really a red sun??

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
maybe i should have read the thread before posting, others have already posted the exact same links andobservations

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
One of the most often used forms of deception by any enemy, is demoralization. In this case, Satan has a basic understanding of what the plan of God "may be" and so since a savior was promised since Adam, all he needed to do was create a few falsehood myths and get people to believe them so that down the road it could become a hinderence to people trying to understand Christ. Counter syops is common for any enemy. There is nothing new here to convice me of that, My opinion is not swayed and I still believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by truthwillneverberevealedZeitgeist imo is feared by all people religous. They are afraid that these things are true.

Do you have a text link for those of us who read quickly and really don't have the time or interest to sit through a video several times in order to pick up the critical points?

Transcript

Also

Zeitgeist Refuted

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
“The reality is, Christ was the Son of God, and horus was a myth made up by the Egyptians which constantly changed throughout the years. There is plenty of evidence to support Christ if people would actually take the time to investigate his life on earth.” - BugZyZuncle

Where’s this evidence you speak of? I think if there was “plenty of evidence” of Christ as “the Son of God” then we’d ALL have to admit that Christianity is the ONE true religion, yet I don’t see other religions and cultures around the world saying “Oh yeah. With that proof, in the form of (fill in this blank with your ‘evidence’), I guess Christianity is irrefutable, so I’ll go ahead and convert from (insert the name of some other religion) to Christianity.

How many Christian followers and interested scientists have there been since Christ is said to have walked the earth? I would guess that there has been, and are, quite a few. So… since the first century A.D. people just haven’t “take(n) the time to investigate his life on earth” enough to, hands down, prove it – undeniably – once and for all? Concrete proof has a fact-based, indisputable way about it that tends to spread like wildfire if it PROVES something extraordinary. Like the hobbit-like ancestor of man found in Asia, or “Lucy” the missing link found in Africa, or the recent discovery, also by archaeologists, that some ancient chimpanzees used tools. By the way, we HAVE the bones and the carbon dated evidence for those. The shroud of Turin seemed to be an amazing discovery for a while until it was proven, through radiocarbon dating, to be less than 1000 years old (a hoax from the Middle Ages).

So what is this evidence? Let me guess. There's probably a book or a documentary that talks about ALL the evidence. If that is the case, FYI, there are books and documentaries debunking the Christ myth, too. Show me the holy bones, the REAL shroud, the Holy Grail, the magic dust, something real... where is it?

That's why FAITH is, and was, so important in all religions/myths, remember? People don't need the concrete - they need to have faith - followers often say... right?

The reality is, to correct your statement: Christ and Horus are myths made up by men. There is plenty of evidence to support this. If people would actually take the time to investigate it, they would see that, throughout history, mankind has created many religions. Religions are merely manmade myths - with followers.

-JM

P.S. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking… I’m going to hell.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by mrbocci
Wow, this looks very intriguing, how comes no one has made this connection previously though? (assuming they haven't that is).

Christians will of course reject it, (Jesus Christ as Horus) although the evidence is plain to see.

God desires all men to be saved, but if one strives to establish unbelief in their heart, like Pharoh, God will surely help you along the way so your heart is hardened toward truth. In the final analysis, there you were thinking all the time that it was you who were building a very convincing case.

... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (II Thessalonians 10b -12)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

NJE777 flagged & starred.

Great simularitys between the two, good work.

ProTo FF

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join