It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
Sorry, I'm afraid I lumped them all together, which is the way I feel about all of that mythological mumbo-jumbo. Ishtar, Isis, Tammuz, Thor, Marduk, etc., etc. all mythology which it appears had it's beginning in Babylon.

No, that's just when the first written texts appear. Older civilizations show traces of their own gods.

The point I was making was that easter, a pagan spring festival, which has developed over the years to include rolling eggs (which at one time were dipped in the blood of infants),

I'm afraid your source is very mistaken about the "dipping of eggs in the blood of infants." That was never the practice of any religion, although it is a canard used by some sites to work folks up against what the site deems "pagan practices."

It's kind of a "thought control" process, there. They find a practice and make it more abhorrent to you (by adding some speculative element -- like "it must have involved killing babies") and then tell you that True Christians would never consider doing this.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle

The reality is, Christ was the Son of God, and horus was a myth made up by the Egyptians which constantly changed throughout the years. There is plenty of evidence to support Christ if people would actually take the time to investigate his life on earth.

There IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE LIFE OF CHRIST EXPECT A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH!!!! Show me one source that is outside of the bible that said he existed!!! And you are pretty pompous to think that Horus is a myth and that your belief in Jesus is not a myth. The people who prayed to him during that time were probably as much of zelots as you are. What is sad is that your so diluted that you can't see the TRUTH or REALITY. So don't go speaking about MYTHS that you know nothing about. I'm pretty sure that 5,000 years from now people will look upon Christianity just as you look upon the Egyptian religions ..as a MYTH!!!!

[edit on 30-8-2007 by DaTruth]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

There IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE LIFE OF CHRIST EXPECT A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH!!!! Show me one source that is outside of the bible that said he existed!!! And you are pretty pompous to think that Horus is a myth and that your belief in Jesus is not a myth. The people who prayed to him during that time were probably as much of zelots as you are. What is sad is that your so diluted that you can't see the TRUTH or REALITY. So don't go speaking about MYTHS that you know nothing about. I'm pretty sure that 5,000 years from now people will look upon Christianity just as you look upon the Egyptian religions ..as a MYTH!!!!

[edit on 30-8-2007 by DaTruth]

Actually, there is corroborating evidence in other texts, but the issue then becomes --- did the papacy change it to support christianity. The basic problem with assuming Rome modified the biblical and other historical accounts, to support a fictitious Jesus, rests slowly on the fact that Rome didn't teach what it said in the biblical texts for some 1500 years anyway. In fact, they hid the written texts away, and taught their own version of it in which the pope was just a reinvented Caesar, the god Emperor. Most people, for nearly 2 millenia, had never laid eyes on the texts of the bible, nor could they have read it, had it been available. The papacy knew this and took full advantage of it. All that remained was to enforce Caesar's (the pope's) will on the people. Life as usual in the Roman Empire.

I urge you to do a comparative analysis of the first 1500 years of papal reign and the new testament, especially the words attributed to Jesus. You will be shocked.

Next, I agree with you that Horus was a real historical figure. In fact, I think he was the son of Nimrod.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
So don't go speaking about MYTHS that you know nothing about. I'm pretty sure that 5,000 years from now people will look upon Christianity just as you look upon the Egyptian religions ..as a MYTH!!!!

If you were paying attention you would know that we are at the end of the age...........the last days.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

If you were paying attention you would know that we are at the end of the age...........the last days.

The last days? NO

The last days of an age yes. We are going from the age of Pisces or (Jesus) to the age of Aquarius. Which some have attributed to harmony and understanding. Sympathy and trust abounding. No more forces of derision. Golden living, dreams of visions. Mystic crystal revelations and the mind's true liberation!

IMO, the end of organized religion that is destroying humanity and our world. Can't wait!
[edit on 023131p://upFriday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 023131p://upFriday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

The last days? NO

The last days of an age yes. We are going from the age of Pisces or (Jesus) to the age of Aquarius. Which some have attributed to harmony and understanding. Sympathy and trust abounding. No more forces of derision. Golden living, dreams of visions. Mystic crystal revelations and the mind's true liberation!

Yep, you'll get a couple of years of harmony after Antichrist pieces the world together after the Christians are Raptured or caught up. This peace won't last long.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

IMO, the end of organized religion that is destroying humanity and our world. Can't wait!

I agree.......most religion come from Satan and Babylon. Not only have they destroyed humanity, they have blinded the world.

I can't wait either...the Antichrist is on earth and the Christians are soon to be gone.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I just wanted to express my apprecation for Byrd's posts on this thread, especially the one here:

Byrd's Fantastic Address regarding the topic

There are so many good points, I could not possibly give each one a thumbs up. I've learned quite a bit from it, thank you.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I'm afraid your source is very mistaken about the "dipping of eggs in the blood of infants." That was never the practice of any religion, although it is a canard used by some sites to work folks up against what the site deems "pagan practices."

It's kind of a "thought control" process, there. They find a practice and make it more abhorrent to you (by adding some speculative element -- like "it must have involved killing babies") and then tell you that True Christians would never consider doing this.

I can't find my source for "dipping eggs in the blood of infants" but have found others practices and the source is the Bible. They weren't Christians, as Christ hadn't yet made His 1st advent, but they were children of God, among His chosen.

11 Kings 16:3 (Ahaz, king of Judah) but he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out from before the children of Israel.

17:17(children of Israel) And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger.

21.6 (Manassah, king of Judah) And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger.

So....worship of pagan deities, including that of Molech, was practiced by God's chosen people. Burning your children isnt' a far jump from dipping eggs in their blood.

........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I agree.......most religion come from Satan and Babylon. Not only have they destroyed humanity, they have blinded the world.

I can't wait either...the Antichrist is on earth and the Christians are soon to be gone.

Yup he sure is! The antichrist resides at 1400 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC.

Seriously, the fanatical christians are going away? Sweet! Hopefully the fanatical muslims go with too!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

You stated Horus was NOT born of a virgin from the Goddess Isis? But, wasn't Isis considered by her followers to be a "Virgin Goddess"? And would a God giving birth require the act of coitus, married or not?

"I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; no mortal Man hath ever me unveiled."

Also, wasn't the the birthday of Horus annually celebrated, about December 25th, in the temples. As both Macrobius and the Christian writer [of the "Paschal Chronicle"] say, "a figure of Horus as a baby was laid in a manger, in a scenic reconstruction of a stable, and a statue of Isis was placed beside it. Horus was, in a sense, the Savior of mankind. He was their avenger against the powers of darkness; he was the light of the world. His birth-festival was a real Christmas before Christ."

You stated that Horus didn't die!?

Since Horus is the Sun, doesn't he die and get reborn (daily) constantly?

Also, you stated Horus did not have 12 disciples, he had millions of (disciples) followers, but so did Jesus, so I'm not seeing this as a good refutation?

[edit on 033030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 033030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 043030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Seriously, the fanatical christians are going away? Sweet! Hopefully the fanatical muslims go with too!

Yeah, those fanatical Christians can be a pain in the butt. I heard talk many of them get carried away with love and forgiveness. What a pain.

As for the Muslims, they will still be here and will be part of those that break the peace and attack Israel. The Red horse of Revelation is released and war comes to the earth. Russia, Iran and a Muslim confederacy come against Israel.

The Antichrist breaks his Covenant of protection with Isreal. Things will not be pleasant from this point..........good luck with all that.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yeah, those fanatical Christians can be a pain in the butt. I heard talk many of them get carried away with love and forgiveness. What a pain.

Love and forgiveness amongst fanatical christians at best! You must be joking!? Surely, you cannot believe that!? Do we have to retread those waters.....inquisitions, witch hunts.......yadayadayda

As for the Muslims, they will still be here and will be part of those that break the peace and attack Israel.

Just because Jews were promised this land by a fictional silly book does not make it so. Weren't Palestinians there first anyways? You should watch "Peace Propaganda and the Promised Land" documentary. Google it!

The Antichrist breaks his Covenant of protection with Isreal. Things will not be pleasant from this point..........good luck with all that.

You lost me here (no pun)!

[edit on 063030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 073030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 073030p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Love and forgiveness amongst fanatical christians at best! You must be joking!? Surely, you cannot believe that!? Do we have to retread those waters.....inquisitions, witch hunts.......yadayadayda

Do we have to constantly state the obvious? Mystery Babylon....Roman Empire operating under the guise of Christianity.... Yadayadayada..........ya duhhhhh.
This is the same Roman Empire that was trying to kill all the Christians.

Just because Jews were promised this land by a fictional silly book does not make it so.

I'll make it easy for you....well, maybe not so easy. Produce one inaccurate prophecy.....if you can, from this so called fictional book.

Weren't Palestinians there first anyways?

This one is beautiful. They have the whole world believing there is such a thing as a Palestinian. A so called Palestinian is an Arab that lived in Jerusalem after it was renamed Palestine. There is no race of Palestinains. The word comes from the Philistines who were not Arabs. Yaser Arafat was an Egyptian by the way. But don't worry, they will get around to creating a Palestinian State for these non existent people. The dividing of the land is described in that so called fictional book ......... accurate as always.

You lost me here (no pun)!

I'm just telling you what that so called fictional book says will happen. You might know the beginning of it as .....THE ROADMAP FOR PEACE.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yeah Sun, you've got to cut out that Christian Extremism. It's that Fundamentalist viewpoint that's responsible for horrible things like taking care of your family, friends, and people you randomly meet. Next thing you know we're going to lose traditional values like domestic violence, divorce, and warfare. What will we do then Sun? What will we do...

[edit on 2-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'll make it easy for you....well, maybe not so easy. Produce one inaccurate prophecy.....if you can, from this so called fictional book.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Sun Matrix]

These so called "prophecies" are overly vague and can be interpreted in many different ways. Like Nostradamus's prophecies. Here are the concepts behind your bible prophecies:

1. Retroactive shoehorning: Force-fitting some modern event to a vague and symbolic prediction made in the past that could fit 1000 different things. This is common in Nostradamus circles and the dispensational interpretations of Revelation that interpret Russia, Iraq, the US, the Vatican, the EU, etc. in light of the original symbolism.

2. After-the-fact prophecy: Writing the original "prediction" after the event transpired. For instance, pretending you predicted the WTC bombing a day after, whereas you never had a clue it would happen.

3. The Shotgun Effect #1: Making a trillion individual readings and/or predictions, quoting the ones that are fulfilled by sheer chance, and ignoring the rest. Edgar Cayce and other psychics are notorious for using this technique.

4. The Shotgun Effect #2: Nesting a huge number of specific predictions within one prophecy, and focusing only on those that pan out.

5. Predicting the obvious: "There will be wars and rumors of wars," "Many people will die," etc. In other words, a statement that will hold true at any point in history.

6. Invented fulfillment: Saying that something you predicted did happen, when it didn't. For example, predicting aliens will communicate with you--then going up, alone, on a mountain and lying that they did.

7. Self-fulfilling a prophecy: An example would be looking up a prophecy stating the Messiah must write a paper decrying the evils of dentistry, and then writing it with fulfilling the prediction in mind.

[edit on 023030p://upSunday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
On the other hand a True Prophecy if they even exist must fit these critieria:

* Be clearly identifiable as an actual prophecy of the future. This is to prevent the obvious, where someone goes through the Bible (or another source) and plucks out any statement that resembles a modern event, even if it was, say, not a prediction of the future, but a flavored goat recipe in context.

* Be demonstrably written before the event. This one is a no-brainer. If someone "predicts" 9/11/2001, with all records of said prediction conveniently dating to 9/12 or later, they can't really claim any amazing fulfillment....

* Be specific, with little recourse to multiple vague interpretations. A good prophecy should be obvious in intent before the fact. If a prophecy requires oodles of allegorizing and force-fitting some event to various obscure symbols, consider that a warning sign. As another well-informed Prophet friend of mine (from the Internet Infidels board), who independently devised a set of criteria for evaluating prophecy, put it, "Obviously a [false] prophecy that can be applied to a host of things with equal explanatory scope is useless." If a prophecy says a man will be "killed," just because the word can mean "become a butterfly gardener" in a secondary or even tertiary application in another language, doesn't mean that interpretation can be invoked, sans evidence, without fatally wounding the prediction's apologetic value.

* Demonstrably be fulfilled outside of the false prophet's imagination. That's a bit harsh, but you get the picture. Is one unsupported claim being used to prop up another? Where is the evidence a prophecy was fulfilled? Does it come entirely from sources with a motive for inventing such a fulfillment? Or does the real event differ substantially from the prediction, with those parts that don't fit being downplayed and ignored? Don't take them at their word on any fulfillment unless you can obtain outside confirmation. Even if the basics are right, make sure they haven't given any spin to the fulfillment story and made it more favorable than it was.

* Be fulfilled in its entirety. A fulfilled prophecy within a larger group of prophecies that were left unfulfilled is unimpressive to those in the know, and most likely a textbook example of the shotgun approach (i.e., making 50 predictions and focusing on the 2 that turned out correct).

* Be very unlikely to occur solely via other means explained above. This is to guard against the self-fulfilling, "duh" predictions like "there will be wars and plagues" that happen throughout history, educated guesses, etc. Any prediction that can be explained in light of the techniques listed above can automatically be discounted as worthless in apologetics. There is some insignificant overlap here with previous criteria.

As far as your high moral ground that you claim for your beleaguered souls of believers.

Religion and Morality as Autonomous

[edit on 023030p://upSunday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Also, wasn't the the birthday of Horus annually celebrated, about December 25th, in the temples.

jesus was not born on December 25th.
That was the Roman Catholic Church's attempt to incorporate the solstice celebration in with the birth of Christ. Christ, based on the events that surrounded his birth, would've been born around the beginning of September.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You stated Horus was NOT born of a virgin from the Goddess Isis? But, wasn't Isis considered by her followers to be a "Virgin Goddess"? And would a God giving birth require the act of coitus, married or not?

Before Osiris died, he was married to Isis. He was a god man (a nephilim, a hybrid). She was not a virgin, but a married woman. She wasn't married just once, but twice, as she is also known as mesopotamian Inana (who's story you really should read). If you read the story of Inana, alot of confusion surrounding Isis will dissipate, including the whole Elder and Younger Horus mess and you might even pick up on a few other tidbits, relating to the identity of Osiris.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Before Osiris died, he was married to Isis. He was a god man (a nephilim, a hybrid). She was not a virgin, but a married woman. She wasn't married just once, but twice, as she is also known as mesopotamian Inana (who's story you really should read). If you read the story of Inana, alot of confusion surrounding Isis will dissipate, including the whole Elder and Younger Horus mess and you might even pick up on a few other tidbits, relating to the identity of Osiris.

Isis the Virgin Mother

Isis the virgin mother

Isis, the virgin of the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Osiris is Nimrod.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join