It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have just finished reading The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur. There are too many similarities between Horus and Christ to reject the author's claim that the story of Jesus Christ was plagiarised from much earlier Egyptian mythology.

Is this just a case of history repeating itself? Are we doing an Egyptian re run? If so, why?

Does the cult of Horus prove that Christianity is false?

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ:

1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal descent. Jesus was of royal descent.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. The birth of Jesus announced by angels.

6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

9. Horus had 12 followers. Jesus had 12 disciples.

10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

11. Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

12. Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

13. Horus was killed by crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified.

14. Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

15. Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].

16. Horus was resurrected after 3 days. Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

17. The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women. The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

18. Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

Source

Also...

Among those "vanished" peoples of whom something is known again and who are important for the understanding of the end of the Bronze Age are the following Continued

Perhaps some of the peoples of the Bronze Age experienced a rapture of some sort? Where did they go?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its intresting to note that the Mithras cult is very similar as well to Jesus.

Source 1
Source 2

Edit:

Heres an old thread on this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here's a link to Zeitgeist - the movie.

The first third of the film deals with this subject, and the rest is pretty informative too!

It certainly is compelling, and I have yet to see anybody refute the connection. And if it does all come down to sun-worship, then why have the establishment gone to such lengths to "demonise" the sun? Most people I know actually fear the sun in a slight way.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Eh...why would anyone fear the Sun?

Zeitgeist was a pretty amazing film, and I recommend everyone see it should they ever get the chance. I've tried to show it to a few people but they either "got bored after 10 minutes" (the intro itself is about 9 minutes, but you can just as easily skip it if you want to), or they took one look at the 2 hour run time and said no thanks. It's a shame how people willingly pull the covers over their eyes for moronic reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow, this looks very intriguing, how comes no one has made this connection previously though? (assuming they haven't that is).

Well i'm off to aquire zeitergeist! Sounds too good to miss

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Interesting, I think that the Egyptian myths, Gods and deities are even predated by earlier epics and beliefs from my readings, I think the story of Horus shows up in as a theme predating Egypt, as we know the Greeks were most definitely inspired by many of the Egyptian myths and then changed a bit, names changed slightly but keeping many of the themes, however, to me the Greeks are given way to much credit when these facts are downplayed or not considered, it's interesting that the theory of Christ is being somehow tied into the story.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xerimethius

Skin cancer, premature ageing, eye damage, coronal mass ejections, flares, etc. If you know any women with small children you will have seen what I mean.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbocci
Wow, this looks very intriguing, how comes no one has made this connection previously though? (assuming they haven't that is).

Connections between Horus, Christ and other ancient religious figures have been made for a long time.

Christians will of course reject it, although the evidence is plain to see.

It is also surmised that the ancient Hebrews picked up monotheism from the Egyptians as well. They were originally polytheistic, and only switched to monotheism during the Exodus.

During the period of captivity, egyptian Pharaoah Akhenaten broke from tradition and built a new Temple to worship the Sun God as the one true God.

He did eventually get killed by believers in the old Gods as a Heretic, mind you, but the idea must have taken route into the Hebrew psyche...

Egypt During the New Kingdom, the cult of the sun god Ra became increasingly important until it evolved into the uncompromising monotheism of Pharaoh Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV, 1364-1347 B.C.). According to the cult, Ra created himself from a primeval mound in the shape of a pyramid and then created all other gods. Thus, Ra was not only the sun god, he was also the universe, having created himself from himself. Ra was invoked as Aten or the Great Disc that illuminated the world of the living and the dead.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

Perhaps some of the peoples of the Bronze Age experienced a rapture of some sort? Where did they go?

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd address this one too.

IF the whole Annunaki/Niburu/Rapture/God thing interests you, it may be worth noting that these people disappeared around 3000 years or so ago.

The Annunaki/Niburu is supposed to return every 3000 years or so....

Something to think about....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Jordam Maxwell say a lot about Christianity and it's myths

here's some vids

1Book they don't want you to know about

2ancient belief systems

3Jesus myth

[edit on 7/7/2007 by acegotflows]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Originally posted by Xerimethius

Skin cancer, premature ageing, eye damage, coronal mass ejections, flares, etc. If you know any women with small children you will have seen what I mean.

Not to mention heat stroke and dehydration...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah, all of which happen by just going outside for a stroll o.0.

There's absolutely no reason to fear the sun. If you don't know how to take care of yourself, it isn't the Sun's fault. It's your fault. "The sun can cause blindness!" Uh...don't look into the sun, maybe? "You could get dehydrated!" Drink water. I mean, this is common sense stuff. Have we become so domesticated that we no longer how to take care of ourselves out "in the wild"?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You seem to be implying that I don't know this. What I said was that the establishment/media bombard society with messages that the sun is dangerous, when in the past - and even modern Christianity when the Jesus/Horus connection is made - the sun was worshipped in the true sense of the word. Reading posts carefully helps.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Maybe a more accurate statement is that the ancients were often fearful that the sun would underperform. Eclipses were scary (would the sun come back this time?) and some even wondered if the sun would always rise. Would winter always end every year, some wondered. Even several overcast days in a row could be very bad for the harvest.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You seem to be implying that I don't know this. What I said was that the establishment/media bombard society with messages that the sun is dangerous, when in the past - and even modern Christianity when the Jesus/Horus connection is made - the sun was worshipped in the true sense of the word. Reading posts carefully helps.

Yeah, the "establishment" and "the media" are accused of tons of things. See, I haven't heard anything about the Sun being dangerous (except for the extremely obvious dangers exposure and staring into the Sun present), nor have I heard of "the establishment" saying anything to that effect. The fact of the matter is there is no anti-sun conspiracy or agenda, unless informing people of the risks is the equivalent of demonizing a star. I mean, just take a look at the effect the media has had on people via proxy through celebrities. Tans are the in. How do you get a tan? Let your skin burn under the scorching sun or in a tanning booth.

And no, modern christianity didn't worship the Sun, because they deny the horus/jesus connection even exists. To them, he was a real person who accomplished all of the feats found in the bible. They're worshipping a perceived person, not a star.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Xerimethius]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
religion is dumb and a million years behind average explorers making cool space travel devices.. religion needs to wake up.

Christ was a real person by the way. And if Horus was really christ, then my parents waisted alot of my time at church. What kind of a god would abandon his creation, or allow "lucifer" to continue? I wouldnt.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Quit watching MORONS like zeitgeist and whatnot, they look like damn fools. Jesus Christ as you call him has nothing in common with Horus. The blind leading the blind trying to prove a point.

What day was Horus Born? Yeshua?

I shall go no further because the date of birth is enogh to make this one OVER...

EDIT- His name is not Christos, unless you count Constantine's Mithraism. He is Yehsua HaMesheach. that is to say Joshua the Messiah in english.

90% of the crapola the source gives is not worth responding too, for instance the so called zorastrians... BAD NEWS they were 3 JEWS sent by a JEW with treasure and not at BIRTH but at two years old. The Bible and some goofballs Fantasy fairytale are not the same.

Feel free to worship what you will and think what you will but base it on FACT, not tripe.

If you want I can go point by point but you won't like me destroying your source and making him either ignorant or a liar.

12 Disciples, where'd the source get this bull, the same fairytale he got the rest. Hebrew satan from sut, ROFLMAO that's some funny stuff there, I dare you to ask a Jew who satan is, come back with their answer for all to see. Like I said this is a bunch of tripe made in some demented freaks mind. None of it is based on facts or the Bible but instead on some fantasy bedtime story.

[edit on 7/7/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You mean horus, the god of the sky to ancient Egyptians?
The one who was half man and half falcon?

To compare horus to Christ is simply laughable, and some of you will believe anything rather than believe the truth.

HOw can anyone, in their right mind, compare horus with Christ, really?

The reality is, Christ was the Son of God, and horus was a myth made up by the Egyptians which constantly changed throughout the years. There is plenty of evidence to support Christ if people would actually take the time to investigate his life on earth.

However, most people don't want to admit the existance of Christ because they would then be required to adjust their life accordingly.

I've read some crap here on ATS but this has got to be the most laughable subject matter yet.

The Hebrews descendend from Abraham 28 generations from Adam. They were enslaved by Egypt for four hundred years and did pick up some of their religious practices. However, after the exodus, they were purified and were allowed to enter into the promised land where Christ was ultimately born 2000 years later.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The bible quite acurately tells of this. It talks about how the sun will burn the enemies of the Lord, et cetera.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: atheistempire.wordpress.com...

Could it be that a site that calls itself "The Atheist Empire Of Liverpool" could be a tad biased?

I don't see any links in the atheistempire post to where this information was derived? Are we to just take the authors word for all of this? How do you explain the Roman records? Did the Romans actually fake records to help create a fake Christ? Why would they do that? There is a reason that all the worlds Religions believe that Jesus existed.

The debate is over who he was. A Deity, a Prophet or just a charismatic Teacher and Leader? Considering the huge quantity of evidence you must admit he had an more profound impact on the Human Race than any other person in history. Remove religion from the equation and take a look at the man known as Jesus Christ. You will find that all evidence points to the fact that he did live and he had a huge impact on the world. In fact I've never met an Atheist who denied he was a real man. Until you pointed out this site.

I find it interesting that the Atheists now feel they have to hide the fact that Jesus was a real person and feel compelled to invent a story that he did not exist. I took the time to read through other material on that site and everything has one thing in common. The author expects the readers to take their word for what they have published.

Regarding your other topic. The lost tribes has been the subject of much debate. There seems to be lots of opinion but no evidence as to what happened to these people. Some feel they ended up here in the America's. Since no records seem to exist, we may never know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join