It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ghost pic from St. Augustine, Fl.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I just want other opinions on here. I have posted this pics on some other sites, and got great reviews, but I am more interested in what it might be if anything. I took this pic on a ghost tour in ST. Augustine, Fl. on "Haunted Pubs ghost tours" I thought it was great you could go on a ghost tour and have a drink at every pub you went to but anyways, during the tour, we came upon this graveyard. The most reported apparation there is "the judge" Been known to roam the graveyard, and has made himself visible many many times. When I had gotten to this graveyard, I instantly got uncomfortable, and made the comment to my husband that there is definetly something in there. I snapped random shots, as I had been doing throughout the whole tour, and ran to catch up with th rest. Well, after we got in the car to go home, I started flipping through several pics and and where I though I seen an orb or something, I was blowing them up to see if I had possibly caught something else. Well, after I came across this one, I thought I saw an orb, but when I blew it up I got this instead. Please tell me what you think. I would really like to know if everyone thinks that this is just a play off of the gravestone, or something WAS manifesting itself in front of the gravestone. To me, there is an awful lot of detail in the face with eyes and the long beard and what looks like a long robe. Feel free to try to debunk it as well, I don't have any interest in trying to fool anyone, my interest is in the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've been to St. Augustine a few times.

I never liked the feeling I got there. I don't remember if my family went on the tour thru the pubs. I I stayed at the hotel that day if they did...

[edit on 7/7/2007 by acegotflows]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Very interesting picture! I really am not too good at deciphering paranormal pictures; but it looks like it could be something playing off of the headstone. But I am definitely not sure....the more I look at it the more I wonder.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Post the original, unaltered image here so that the image experts have something to work with.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nice, thanks for sharing

I wont go over the picture with a fine tooth comb till Im done giving you some props for atleast posting this new picture..
I live in florida, and often travle to Saint Augustine, its a greatest place I have found for paranormal events.
However everything I have logged are either dust particals, or some werid lights in the photos I take, nothing worth wasting peoples time with dust on here.. I really like all the forts they have there.. I wish I could spend a whole weekend there just hunting... Prehaps when I have more time and money I can do that..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
K the pic is very grainy.. its hard to really tell from the quality of the picture. could you post the Raw data of that photo you took?
Looks like to be to be taken in the cemetary they have there by the forts.
All I see at this point is a tombstone that has a skull engraved on the tombstone itself. I didnt get an overwhealming feeling while looking at the picture either. But not saying anything else till we can see some Raw data
Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Okay, this pic is enlarged 7 x's. Give me a couple of hours since I have to upload the pic to photobucket then here....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Okay, only took a few minutes instead. Now you should see where the gravestone is but I swear that head is not part of it, anyways, thank you everyone for your opinion!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply
While I cant call myself an expert with paranormal on here, I would like to say I am well on my way to becomming some what adept with this subject

While in St Augustine I know of these Graveyards.
San Lorenzo Cemetery
U S 1 South
Saint Augustine
FL
904-824-6680

St Augustine Memorial Park
2600 Old Moultrie Rd
Saint Augustine
FL
32086-5233
904-797-4990

Evergreen Cemetery
505 N Rodriquez St
Saint Augustine
FL
32095-0635
904-829-8771

Was this taken at one of those places I had listed? This better helps me get an idea of what kind of tombstones are used, and who is the owner of the property to see if we cant find some background, which in essence would help to give your picture a little story and depth to give it some credit..
Im sorry just right at this point, I can only see an older taller type tombstone which has a skull engraved into the stone itself.
Prehaps going into photoshop and making a circle around just what you want us to be looking at.. I see a couple points in that Raw picture you just put up
Just go and highlight the areas that you want us to concentrait upon. I always keep an open mind with this stuff, while at the same time I understand you are not trying to fool anyone. So its all good, keep us up on this..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't know the name of the graveyard, I wish I did. Maybe I can find out from the tour service. I am going back to go on another one this weekend. All I remember is that this graveyard was in the middle of the a section. There was a parking lot on one side, and the other was open road, behind it. You can kinda tell by the pic, cause you can see the speed limit signs. It is right in the middle of Old Town. If you know where trhe Mill Top Tavern is, it is may be a block before it off the road that runs behind the Tavern. I will try to find out which graveyard it is. I do know that there are two graveyard's there with the highest number of apparations, or paranormal things that come up in pictures. It generates high readings on an EMF detecter, and so on. Its not the one that has the high gate, its a graveyard that only has the low fence. If you have been to some of them then you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Prehaps going into photoshop and making a circle around just what you want us to be looking at.. I see a couple points in that Raw picture you just put up
Just go and highlight the areas that you want us to concentrait upon.

I must be missing something. You mean other than the apparition standing there? That's what I see. In the raw pic, it looks like a woman in a cape standing in front of a tombstone. I guess it could be all tombstone; I've just never seen one like it. I'd be interested to see what's there in the daylight. That should clear things up one way or another.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No, I all I meant to look at was right above the gravestone where his head was, that doesn't seem to be part of it. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know......

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
well it could be anything a old man going to visit his fathers grave a hobo stalking you , you simply have put a eary pic. of a old man in the trees or this could be a ghost i realy dont know i think its a hobo sence ghosts only haunt the places close to them or where they died

[edit on 7-7-2007 by TheBaldEagle]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JENJESLIS
Mill Top Tavern

THAT was helpful. I know where that is, its over by the old fort. Went there when I took the family to the Fort while we were on vacation.

Ok, so I google the tavern name, get an address, look it up on Google Earth and come up with what I believe is a close approximation of the location of the Tavern: (Hope the mods bear with me, I'm not overly knowledgeable about html code, so I'm just inputting the image link)

img451.imageshack.us...

In short order I identified a location about 2 blocks due west that was devoid of structures, so I zoomed in:

img299.imageshack.us...

If you look closely, you'll see what looks to possibly be headstones and maybe even a mausoleum or 2. This MAY be the place you were talking about, please examine the images and see if they fit with your recollection of the area.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The shape is that of a typical Victorian gravestone topped with a skull face. A bit of low lighting and some odd colors and it looks like a Grim Reaper.

See anything familiar about the general configuration, shape, placement of the skull image?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Okay, well I want to say yes, but to be absolutely sure, well i can't. I will try to find out tomorrow for sure. Like I said I have to call in for the reservation for our next one, which by the way, will be the one that takes you into to the fort after hours and the SPanish hospital, so I have high hopes for that one. Anyways, let me look at some maps in the morning and hopefully I can figure it out. Thanks for all your help and interest so far! Sorry I didn't have more info from the start!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
ive been to St.Augustine many times and am very familiar with the cemetary you are talking about( right across from george street and the fort)..although i know st.augustine is full of creepy crap, I gotta say that looks like one of the victorian style old tombstones with a glare..but who knows i may be wrong..

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
When I was five, my parents took my brother and I to St Augustine for a day trip out. He was in the military and lived on base housing not far from the area.

I can remember it, as if, it were yesterday, as it was my first terrifying encounter with the paranormal. I remember that we had been in a room where there were cells and in these cells were mannequins. I can't remember if it was part of the fort, or another building, as we had gone in several that day.

My parents had my brother on a harness and I was allowed to walk freely behind them. I didn't notice that my parents had gone into the adjacent room. Then I heard this voice, which seemed to emanate from one of the mannequins and it said something to the affect of 'Get Out'. There was nobody in the room, except me and the mannequins. The tour guide was with my family. I remember running out of the room screaming terrified. The tour guide just added that the place was reputed to be haunted. My parents played it down and reassured me. They did this whenever I encountered the paranormal up until I was taken at 12/13 for a little over 3 hours.

So, yes, I think you managed to capture a spirit on film, as I know that that is a very haunted place in Florida.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the original, and the amount you enlarged it, it even looks like a ghost (under the tree) in the un enlarged version.
Whenever people like JENJESLIS[/B] post good evidence the atheist likeminded sometimes think they have a right to have a verbal fit because “it can’t really be true”.
But this is good evidence, the sort that will one help unify all world religion through better analysis of paranormal evidence.

I'm not sure if you’ve got a photo of a human or a demon due to the way the head looks. However it kind of reminds me of a ghost photo in some friends family photo album which is also that weird transparent, only theirs is much larger in the photo and hasn’t been blown up.
P.S I wonder how many other peoples “orb” photos contain real images when magnified? I know you can see almost anything if you enlarge things enough, but I bet there is an area of probability about it chance alone can’t explain.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I did some comparison work on photoshop trying to isolate various parts of the image. Here is what i came up with.

I dont believe that it is a tombstone. It is not symmetrical enough. I am not sure what it is but with all of the stuff i did to the image I did not see any variation with pixels so I can rule out tampering. My only thought is there may have been some lens memory from another photo.

Did you take any photos of women directly before or after?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join