It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6/6/6, 7/7/7 what's the deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Short post, just to get my statement about the issue out.

The whole occurance with people freaking out about 7/7/7 and 6/6/6 and possibly 5/5/5 and 8/8/8 as well, what's the deal? As far as I know, the counting of time as we in the west are used to starts of at a totally arbitrary point in time. It has not much to do with the orbits and constallations of major planets and stars, it's just a simple way to tell when is when with day 0 said to be the birth date of some hebrew that not even 100% of the earths population approves of/believes in (I'm not even sure he exsisted, show me the bones man!).

I do believe in the 2012-thing, and even though I cannot tell exactly what will happen I do hope for some major change of the paradigm and some sort of evolvement of the collective awareness. This date though, upcoming in only 1574 days, is set from a calendar which starts it's count from the very beginning of the universe (old Mayan).

That's why I wasn't very hyped for the millenium shift either. It's just all numbers with no deeper meaning than keeping track of birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and such things.

That's my, err, 8 cents (9 with this included).

Thank you for reading.
(That makes it 10 cents, 11 with this included.)

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Do not forget about 9/9/9, 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 and that is it no more after 12/12/12, we can't have 13/13/13.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's all arbitrary, including 12/12/12.

We're the ones labeling increments of time with arbitrary numbers, as you pointed out.

So why should 2012 be any different?

I studied numerology back in my "believer" days. I could go into all sorts of calculations here about what the various dates could mean, but since I don't put any credence into it anymore, I'd feel sort of dirty if I did. I'd lose my shiny skeptic badge.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wanna be around on 22nd feb 2222, that is the next real date as far as having all the same number goes, you don't count the zeros, they literally mean nothing, so 7/7/7 is 7/7/2007, the 2 kinda screws things up a bit. So 22/02/2222 maybe 214 years away, its a long time to wait but if your there I promise to get the first round in

I think it would be daft to dismiss any relationship between dates and events for loads of reasons, foremost would be that people like to find patterns in dates (hence this thread) so if you were planning any thing then that would make up part of your thought process. Then you got all our regular seasonal activities and religious stuff. The tsunami supposedly happened at one of the two points in the earths orbit where it is under the most gravitional stress - that is to say where it is breaking from the closest part of the orbet and trying to fly off at a tangent (don't panic, it aint done so yet!)

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If its about prophecy then don't predict the dates, only the father knows not even Jesus knew of then.
Secondly 06/06/06 is not six hundren sixty and six as the real number is in the bible but translated as 666 due to language change maybe.
Also 777 is Jesus numer and 888 the holy spirit number. But 11 is destruction and 12 completness in the bible meanings. So at the end of the day alot of the numbers are added numbers and not dates, and 12 for example could be 12 days of war and not on the 12th of july the end of the world. So just go a bit deeper as people are making their own versions up of meanings for dates. Only the occultist do the opposite for date setting like many 9/11 conspiracist know.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I wanna be around on 22nd feb 2222, that is the next real date as far as having all the same number goes,

Oh really!

Did you realize that eleven seconds after the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year 2011 the date will be:

11 11 11 11 11 11

Thats about as close as you can get to resetting the clock without going back to the big bang.

I'm not a numbers person though. What happens, happens.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had an interesting thought, so I'll go ahead and type it out.

I know that we can't really say 13/13/13 because there aren't 13 months in a year. So, after 12/12/12 it will be nearly 1000 years before we can date things like 1/1/1, and 2/2/2 again.

Don't know if it has any significance other than just another date though? So far, I don't know that any of the dates like 6/6/6 really had any significance other than that of a normal date.

But, like in another thread people do seem to see recurring repeating numbers in their lives, which may have some significance, unlike these odd dates that don't seem to "deliver."

Troy

new topics

top topics

join