It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Masons, Knights Templar, etc join ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I know there's freemasons here, along with Knights Templar, members of OTO, among others.

My question for you is why? The site is obviously fairly critical of said groups, in various ways. Are you here to debunk? Are you here to monitor? Or is there another reason?

Please don't take this as an attack. I'm just curious.

Cug

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Actually I came here looking for Bigfoot stuff.

I registered when I wanted to correct some Crowley info.

I sorta have a goal for my posts in the SS forum (not like it's ever going to be reached
) and that is simply for people to hate Crowley, Thelema, etc.. for things he actually did/stood for.

Lord knows there is plenty of stuff there if you get past the silly stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ModernDystropia,

I for one came here originally to see what the anits were saying and try and see if they had any valid objections to Free Masonry.

I have stuck around because I enjoy reading the arguments on both sides, as well as the antics of some of the trolls. Occasionally I’ve been able to contribute something to the discussions. But primarily this is an enjoyable site to read about discussions on one of my favorite subjects. Very occasionally I’ve been given a lead on an area of research that has not become evident before, from both sides of the “masonry is bad because” issue.

There are times I have to put in my 2 cent’s worth when someone has gone beyond misrepresentation and into lying about our fraternity. But for the most part there is a lot of misunderstanding that can be corrected with facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm a Mason and I love ATS. I'm not a very active poster as of late because of personal time constraints unfortunately though. After being here awhile you realize that some people simply aren't worth the effort to attempt to show them what Masonry really is so I just avoid them; others that come here objectively curious about the subject generally will get a post from old Baphomet.

I was well aware of ATS being dominated by more of the "anti-masonic" line of thought when I joined. I signed my soul away to ATS only partially because I thought I might be able to lend some light on my experiences with Masonry to those who might not know much about the subject, or who are basing their assumptions on what I believe to be false. I generally always try and be polite to the "antis" but sometimes when you get the ones seriously off their rocker the temper flares. (I'm originally from Texas, so sue me!)

The primary reason I joined ATS is because I simply enjoy all the alternative topics discussed. Nowhere on the internet have I found such a vast clearing house of different topics that don't lend themselves to "main-stream" discussion. Do I agree with everything said here, absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I won't read it. Even if I think the poster is nuts it is good (and interesting) to see what strange ideas are out there because as a general rule he/ she is not alone in their beliefs. However crazy I think those beliefs might be.

Edit: to the OP, Templar ARE Masons. It is one of the three bodies of the York Rite. Those being Royal Arch, Cryptics, and Knights Templar. If you are really curious about why their are Masons called Templar I'd be willing to post a brief explanation of my personal beliefs on the subject, although I am sure if you search here you might find the explanation.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79

Edit: to the OP, Templar ARE Masons. It is one of the three bodies of the York Rite. Those being Royal Arch, Cryptics, and Knights Templar.

This is true of Masonic Templary, but there are also non-Masonic Templar organizations around.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Actually I was not even a Mason when I joined ATS -- I have always loved reading Masonic books, learning of their past and origins but had thought I was to young to join the Craft -- that and I did not know anyone who was a Mason and was under the impression you had to be invited.

I could say it is actually BECAUSE of ATS that I am a Mason.. talking to some of the Masons on the board finally convinced me to go down to the lodge I am now a member of.

I have a much different view of Masons now then I did then.. which is honestly why I don't understand why people who ARE NOT Masons insist they know more then actual Masons.. The impression you get on the internet is nothing like it is within the Lodge of Masons.. dark sinister men plotting to end the world and humanity as we know it. No, I did not join because I believed that (though I admit when I first came to ATS I bit into the conspiracies a little) I joined for the history for the most part (and the lodge's extensive library
) .. and because I felt I needed to be within a group that contributed SOMETHING back to the community -- where Church failed I suppose you could say because my parish is the most corrupt parish I have ever heard of.

I ended joining Masonry finally as the youngest in our lodges history and am very active (and most likely will be an officer shortly). I came to ATS originally because of NWO discussions.. political corruption and the like .. there are some great discussions on ATS .. and some bad ones. Some that make you want to pull your hair, beat your face against the screen and wish you could throw your keyboard at the posters head. But for the most part, intelligent discussion has kept me around, especially in the Politics and SS forums.

Also, I would consider ATS lucky that so many Masons are here to say their part.. not to be arrogant or anything, but if there was no one to be a counter to the lies that are told.. so many people would just eat it up, and walk away hating a group of men who DO NOT deserve that kind of treatment.. with so many Masons from so many areas and of so many political - religious backgrounds, age and experience .. ATS has a well diverse pool of posters that are "inside" the conspiracy so many fear. I could think of nothing better then talking about a conspiracy involving a group and having actual members there to answer. But thats just me.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Modern,

I am a Mason and have been for a relatively short time, 6 years. In that time, I have been an officer in every chair, and am now a Past Master of my lodge. Due to my involvement in the craft,I have learned a great deal about Masonry, but more importantly about myself. As Rockpuck mentioned, one of my pet peeves, is that there are lots of Anti's, who are entitled to any opinion they subscribe to BTW, that regurgitate garbage they have read,heard or, been told about Masonry, which is patently untrue. My purpose here is to answer any intelligent questions that might help to dispel any of the garbage that flows through this form. Whenever any of the Masons here attempt to intelligently answer someones queries, they are invariably scoffed at because they are not 165th degree Masons and are not privy to the real secrets, but we plod on anyway to try and educate and inform about what Masonry really is, The search for further light.

Just my 2 cents worth

[edit on 7-7-2007 by dredz]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, guys.

My grandfather was a 32nd degree Freemason, and so is my father. Both Scottish Rite. I know they would both want me to join, but I'm still on the fence. I've been reading a lot of their "rituals" lately, along with some in books my grandfather owned. I'm not sure if it's for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, while I am not a member of any of those groups, I must say that considering the fact that the internet is used as a vehicle to slander and make unsubstantiated claims against said groups, I think that it is reasonable that they have somewhere they can defend themselves. Don't you?

new topics

top topics

join