It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Iran will be beefing up with S300

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There has been lots of speculation over the last few month as to whether Iran had aquired the SA-10 or S300PMU to beef up it's air defence.

Obviously, combined with it's recent purchase of TOR M1, the S300 would mean that Iran would be armed with (just about) the best of Russian tech to fend off any American / Israeli air strike.

It seems more and more evidence is popping up that they are indeed aquiring the S300.

examples..

The London-based Jane's Intelligence Digest reported that Belarus has been recruited in the Russian effort to sell the S-300 to Iran. The magazine said Belarus has already purchased the latest version of the S-300, termed the SP.

vwt.d2g.com:8081...

and now..

Military delegation of Iran has arrived to Belarus on Wednesday, Interfax was told by the press-service of Belarusian Defense Ministry

www.charter97.org...

Where there's smoke there's fire!
Belarus have had the S300 for quite some time now.

As well as recent purchases from Russia via Syria..

Iran is set to acquire at least 10 96K6 Pantsyr-S1E self-propelled short-range gun and missile air-defence systems as a derivative of a major deal struck between Syria and Russia earlier this year.

www.janes.com...

Too me it seems like Russia is doing a great job of arming Iran to the teeth via 3rd parties. These procurements will certainly make any strike on Iran costly..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ya man ive been closely following Russia and many other countries for about 1 yr now.

I can't believe no one else thoguht it was odd that the un voted unanimously for a second set of sanctions on iran over their nuclear program,yet Russia was building them reactors and has recently gave them the fuel.(few months ago maybe on the fuel?)

Also China is another one to pay close attention to,they have invested nillions in developing irans oil fields,also during and after sanction.The Chinese are also supplying Iran with missiles and other arms..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Iran has always been Russia's trade partner. Now just because the US is deciding it wants to go to war in another part of the world doesn't mean Russia should give up it's financial interests.

Lets take a look - yes this is some of the latest tech manufactured by Russia BUT the weapons Russia seels to it's partners are a tiny bit worse then the models Russia will be using. So that's one step down, maybe not a big one but here's the really big thing you should consider: Iran could not nearly put this tech to anywhere near it's full potential.

Now what's this deal about Russia building the nuclear powerplants for them?! Honestly did I miss something (honestly), I thuoght Russia offered this option to Iran in order to contain the situation and Iran basicaly told them to sodd off? As far as I'm aware Russia is not building anything nuclear for them.

Actually way I see it is these S300s are the only thing that are in any way stabalizing the situation. With them there the US atleast will think that one more extra time about going in. After all, if there will be a war with Iran it would destabilize the middle east greatly, no?

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Also China is another one to pay close attention to,they have invested nillions in developing irans oil fields,also during and after sanction.The Chinese are also supplying Iran with missiles and other arms..

Yes they're being generous aren't they.
Sorry man couldn't resist

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestro46

Originally posted by Project_Silo

Yes they're being generous aren't they.
Sorry man couldn't resist

Regards,
Maestro

haha ill have to fix that...thanks a nillion for pointing it out

and im finding a link to the nuke plants and fuel give me a sec
www.globalsecurity.org...

Towards the bottem they talk about how they are fueling the reactor also..

Im crazy current events addict because i see something huge going down when Iran is struck(more a matter of when not if,I'd say 95% because still a chance the Iranian public could revolt,Or maybe good ol Ahmadinejad will see the light heh).There are some strong ties with Iran,Another one many underestimate is Venezuala(spelling?) Hugo often visits with Putin, Iran and has vowed to fight America so we cannot take over the world,true story.....

In fact hugo made a untimely visit to Russia days before Putin left for his trip to the U.S to go on a boat ride with ol Dubya.news.bbc.co.uk...
Not to mention Venezuala has beeen heavily arming itself with russian made submarines,missiles and small arms,and they have been since about 2002 if i recall correctly.

So if the us has involvement in Iran whats stopping these big group of friends from sending some russian or chinese missiles(maybe even nuclear) to Venezula,a situation kind of like the cold war....

Do not underestimate the potential for a crazy crazy thing to happen,but lets hope the powers that be will not finally make their move to be the worlds super power..

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That's a good one!

nillion.. nil-lion where nil=zero,nothing,nada

Thanks a nillion = thanks a for nothing!!

S-300s for Iran.. well the US only use stealth a/c until those treats are destroyed, and there's no guarantee that stealth a/c will be secure too.

A tactically sound S-300 SAM spread with smart manning crews is difficult to evade even with the latest of stealth IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think theat the current common sense opinion is that Iran will get S-300 but that it doesn't have any yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
That's a good one!

nillion.. nil-lion where nil=zero,nothing,nada

Thanks a nillion = thanks a for nothing!!

haahah nice breakdown of it

top topics

join