It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Kleverone with a question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
PODcast:

Kleverone with a question.

I'm just questioning some of the negative aspects of instant communication.

length: 02:27
file: btstpod_2390.mp3
size: 2291k
feed: btst

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think Jay Z said it best, "Out the country but the Blackberry still connect."

I think instant communication is crucial, and as much as it is bitter, it is way more sweet. Just think, what happens when we are all tapping into eachothers minds using brain frequency. You'll really complain then.

AAC

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
True.

But don't you think it could be happening to rapidly? I agree with you though on the aspect of the pro's outweighing the con's. I need to get a blackberry

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'd look at it from a different perspective. Besides all instant things traditionally encouraging attention disorders, I don't see any other tangible negativity. It is a human realization of potential. Without it I don't think we'd be living in a 21st century economy, nor sharing a global culture or common elements of.

Thanks for the Podcast, finally something to actually discuss!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Awesome podcast klever. Where would we be without mass communication?

Not using ATS that's for sure, not podcasting online, not talking at all...It kind of boggles the mind how we used to use dialup even (well I did, I'm sure some users still do) and before that there was DOS games...Before that we didn't have electricity and we were using horse drawn carriages for over two millenia...

Wow.

We have come so far in the past hundred-two hundred years. Crazy son.

Great podcast idea! We wouldn't even be podcasting

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have also thought about this subject. Very nice presentation!

This is one of the reasons I don't own an ipod, palm pilot or a blackberry or even a cell phone. I refuse to get any more "caught-up" in the whirlwind that is instant communication than necessary. I don't even answer my phone. You wanna talk to me, you have to leave a message and then, I might answer.

It's amazing to me that people see a cell phone as a necessity. And I'm talking 12-year-olds. I see people in the grocery story all the time talking away while they're shopping. Can't they stand to be with themselves long enough to shop? I wonder... Is all of life so boring that they must shove every bit of activity into every minute that they possibly can?

I think it's a danger in that electronic communication is a distraction. People don't take time to sit and think or appreciate the silence or just "be" with themselves. They don't have to think about who they are. They call their friends or play a game or surf the net.

While I do spend time on the computer, I make it a priority to do other, more important things before I sit down and veg out.

Overall, I see more negative to this age of instant communication than positive.

There's a pretty bad high-pitched squeal in your recording.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There's a pretty bad high-pitched squeal in your recording.

That squeal is actually my sons hamster going to town in his wheel!!
Its right by the computer and picks up the sound really well.

That little thing runs in that wheel all night long, I'll be sure to move him next time.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
PODcast:

Kleverone with a question. (reply 1)

Reply to Kleverone podcast on instant communications

length: 02:20
file: btstpod_2419.mp3
size: 2200k
feed:

new topics

top topics

join