It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift survival guide

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
yeah, taht denver airport is kind of creepy. i think denver will be the centre of something in the future..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The sad truth is so many more could survive this impending event, if our protectors had released the technology they found. Extraordinary events push and force incomprehensible leaps in knowledge, but even super computing at the rate we are now and having to discover what is readily available is ridiculous, ill moral and beyond treason. We're left with digging holes in our backyards, fasting seat belts to concrete walls, and watching the damn near extinction of everything and everyone we care about.

So many sources from all over the world point to this occurring that even the most skeptical of minds (when prone to actually weighing the evidence) has to take a hard look. All the wolf crying can be deafening nonsense until you hear the wolf has a limp in the right leg, and mixed colored eyes and find out those pleading for you to listen have never met.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, I think its more of a magnetic shift, not the Earth flipping around. Either way, its going to cause quite the ruckuss for this planet. Mainly with the water(currents) all getting skrewed with. At the end of it all, you could expect to see most of the planet underwater, preparing itself for the next ice age (earth's in its 6th cycle im pretty sure).
All around intense-ness. I was thinking that right in Colorado would be best too--but i also thought that right after i heard about swine flu-i said alright, well i'm in a pretty cut off little mountain town, swine flue wont hit here for ages if ever.
wrong.
didnt take a week and someone i personally know, here in Co, is qaurenteened. Holy cow.

I dont really think there is anywhere 'safe'--not safe from flu's, huge epidemics, pole shifts, nothing. We just gotta buckle down for the next few years and be aware that we are seeing this planet go through something that no human has ever seen. This is us people-we are going through this together.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well hello there, i figured i would introduce myself here since we have the same interest. if this is too much for this thread, let me know and i will repost it somewhere else.

I AM ABSOLUTELY PETRIFIED OF THIS DATE!!!! I m a stay home mom and all day today i have been watching videos and learning about this deal and it scares the living hell out of me. I already have a fear of death.. but maybe by heart attack or stroke.. nothing like this!!

I just moved to Parker colorado(just south of Denver) from Florida which i believe was a good move for any case haha.

yes for years i have believed this to be a good move for safety.. but with something like this.. i dont really know.. maybe for the states its the best bet.. but we do have many fault lines here and if this event is to be as devestating and predicted by some.. is this place really safe? this place could break up in all directions and my house could be under a new ocean for all we know.

I didnt pay attention in school so i am learning as we go about this polar ice deal. i can understand that taking yrs to take place but the planet x thing... whats what? one causes the other? i see the world taking drastic changes also and ive experienced the same thing with the sun rising and setting in different places.. and even on clear nights.. i dont even see the moon sometimes.

the deal with the airport... sounds scary. i like to camp and would probably enjoy living in the wilderness if my basement will not be of help to us.

i want to thank energ8t for your survival list. i wrote it all down and added some extras for my own personal character. just have to figre out how to carry it all. thank god i have a saint bernard and huskie to help!

my fiance will probably think ive lost my mind when he comes home watching me all bugged out about this. but i am truly scared.

i have watched some scary videos about this event and it got me!
here is the first one i watched its one of 5 videos.
www.youtube.com...

as they say, the gov has preperation for this and they will be picking and choosing who will be protected if that is even going to make a difference. but they wil be taking military of course, doctors scientists, children and people of use.
now im just a florist/ stay home mom. I know for fact I will end up having to fend for myself.
as for my son... i know it sounds selfish but my 4 yr old is my life. i dont think i would have it in me to let the gov take my child from me in this kind of situation.
I even posted on my facebook what people think and some say they want to have kids in the next 3 yrs.. now i think that is more selfish than my intent.

but what are your survival theories on this.. i live in a nice subdivision community. if the houses in my area were still standing, does anyone think these communities would have barrier protection? is the government thinking about this? will we be free to stay in our homes for recovery? will we be held captive by them? or would the world just be an absolute disaster while we sit on our porch ready to shoot anyone trying to invade? of course we would be happy to take in people to help but not the psychos. ( again have a child to protect.)

as for denver.. with the tsunamies come flooding thru the Co river, hit the streams and flood denver? i know the volcano in yellowstone park will go off and the cloud covering the planet from that will wipe out all sun and any vegetation for years and years.
are we better off saving a bullet for each of ourselves? probably a good idea for when food runs out unless i start planting more veggies in my garden!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UofCinLA

True, and I did read somewhere offline that the earth's geologic record shows no correlation between the many previous magnetic pole shifts and mass extinctions. Therefore, the coming magnetic pole shift (already well underway, actually) may not be a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
Could there possibly be such a thing...

lets make the following assumptions:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

I see no viable way to even begin to calculate where would be a safe place to head too, given the event were to occur.

Common sense would tell me that Denver Colorado and the surrounding area (if you are in the US) would offer your best chances of survival, should you even want to face what would follow.

Imagine the crust under New York City dropping 2,000 feet in a second.

Millions of people would instantly free fall 2,000 feet to impact the sunken ground, if they would even have time to hit before the water rushed in and flooded the area.

This is one nasty scenario people..... as nasty as they come

Only forum I could think of for this one.... move it elsewhere if there is a better forum.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by RickinVa]

No, No, No. The Shift is a Geomagnetic Shift. Where North Becomes South Magnetically. The Last physical Pole Shift was 800,000,000 years ago. Where as there is a Geomagnetic perturbation every 26,000 years and Full Geomagnetic Reversal every 230,000 years. 52 in the Last 12,000,000 years. In 1998 the Sun Aligned with the Galactic Equator Marking 1 full Precession of 25,625 years. This the Maha Yuga of the Veda. The End of the Kali and beginning of the Satya Yugas. There is a Day and a Night of 13,000 years. The last Satya Yuga Ended 13,000 years ago with the Deluge. The Planet right now is preparing for a Geomagnetic Pole Shift. BTW there NEVER has been a Full Physical Pole Reversal... Only Geomagnetic.

Om A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhih, Dhih, Dhih

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

When the Geomagnetic Field Shifts it will first weaken. The more Comic Radiation we receive the more activity we will see in the Mantel and increases in the Convection Cells in the Magma, thus meaning more Earth Quakes and Volcanic Activity. As we are Now Seeing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Zysin, I think this is a very good post. I thought of the same thing when he mentioned Denver. I wonder why anyone thinks Denver would be a good place? I must research about its geological characteristics to see if I can find anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Some people have said denver colorado as a safe place to go seriously, I would not want to be anywhere near denver colorado when this thing goes down.. the reason being, yellowstone national park is one of the largest hotbeds of volcanic activity in the world. You would be right next to it. I think i'd be pretty safe here in wisconsin. I'd move to northern wisconsin and live in the woods for a year or two till all the chaos subsided.. People will be rioting, and looting, and killing eachother, and that is what i'm most afraid of.. I would rather take my chances surviving on my own in a woods rather than trying to survive in a big city full of hungry people.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I read the first couple of pages if posts so, please don't try to correct me, I'm just stating what I know from a significant source.

Every 26,000 years the poles shift, earth's crust is jostled so greatly that faults and fissures in the tectonic plates collide and are crammed together while elsewhere it's ripped apart and new land formations are created and some old, more so on the oceans coast are obliterated and not just by the land masses moving, but flooding or breaking off into the ocean.

Everyone who realizes this thinks that it's going to be safe to get away from volcanic areas but that is entirely wrong. New volcanic areas will rise from the pole shift as the land breaks and churns into it's self. Some places the land may collapse into itself from density below the surface.

One thing to know is that, when tectonic plates shift, the land is heated from the friction of one plate rising up against another as one is forced below into the earths many layers. That alone gives rise to volcanoes under the right circumstances. This causes mountains to rise, earthquakes, active volcanoes and much more. And as the land shifts the oceans do as well and violently. Just think of when you drop a coin into a large pool, that tiny bit of mass going into the water causes the water to rise just barely, and with it rising, it ripples. So as land sinks into the ocean, the waves will be catastrophic. Not to mention when the poles shift this will effect the moon in some way which is the cause of waves on the ocean here on earth.

If you live inland though, it's not going to be just the plates moving alone that will cause disaster, it will be the after effect. Gases formed and trapped below in the earths layers will be dispersed into the atmosphere along with smoke and ash.

In a worst case scenario, when the pole shift happens and the tectonic plates shift, the smoke, ash, and gases rising will cloud the skies for some time, perhaps even a couple of years, it may even change the composition of the atmosphere for a long time. Plant life will die yes, but fungi will rise, the waters fresh and salt will become acidic, ash will rain down and coat everything. You will be breathing it in. But their will be rain, and that too will most likely be acidic.

Things easy to figure out first :

Solar energy gear will not work for some time.

Gas masks will not last forever unless you come across a massive supply of filters to replace the old ones in it when they become too dirty and wear out.

There are organizations willing to help anyone but you must be willing to cooperate with everyone in order for everyone to survive in the organization.

Violence in the time of disaster may be unavoidable, and I say this because many will lose sense of right in wrong in such a situation where it will mean their life or their loved ones lives.

While safe havens are out there, non of them an ensure safely entirely.

Water storage is a brilliant idea. Safe your milk jugs when your done with your milk, clean them out and refill them with water and put them in a safe storage place in the dark.

War will be an outcome before, during, and after the pole shift. It's only logical when the wrong minds feel the world is at it's end that they won't give a damn to take everyone else out with them.

But human kind will survive, we are to ingenious of a species not to find the means or have will to keep our existence.

I'm almost out of characters to finish this, so I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by L.O.S.orangization]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LouisXI
The sad truth is so many more could survive this impending event, if our protectors had released the technology they found. Extraordinary events push and force incomprehensible leaps in knowledge, but even super computing at the rate we are now and having to discover what is readily available is ridiculous, ill moral and beyond treason. We're left with digging holes in our backyards, fasting seat belts to concrete walls, and watching the damn near extinction of everything and everyone we care about.

So many sources from all over the world point to this occurring that even the most skeptical of minds (when prone to actually weighing the evidence) has to take a hard look. All the wolf crying can be deafening nonsense until you hear the wolf has a limp in the right leg, and mixed colored eyes and find out those pleading for you to listen have never met.

So brilliantly put

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manjushri Bodhisattva

Could there possibly be such a thing...

lets make the following assumptions:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

I see no viable way to even begin to calculate where would be a safe place to head too, given the event were to occur.

Common sense would tell me that Denver Colorado and the surrounding area (if you are in the US) would offer your best chances of survival, should you even want to face what would follow.

Imagine the crust under New York City dropping 2,000 feet in a second.

Millions of people would instantly free fall 2,000 feet to impact the sunken ground, if they would even have time to hit before the water rushed in and flooded the area.

This is one nasty scenario people..... as nasty as they come

Only forum I could think of for this one.... move it elsewhere if there is a better forum.

No, No, No. The Shift is a Geomagnetic Shift. Where North Becomes South Magnetically. The Last physical Pole Shift was 800,000,000 years ago. Where as there is a Geomagnetic perturbation every 26,000 years and Full Geomagnetic Reversal every 230,000 years. 52 in the Last 12,000,000 years. In 1998 the Sun Aligned with the Galactic Equator Marking 1 full Precession of 25,625 years. This the Maha Yuga of the Veda. The End of the Kali and beginning of the Satya Yugas. There is a Day and a Night of 13,000 years. The last Satya Yuga Ended 13,000 years ago with the Deluge. The Planet right now is preparing for a Geomagnetic Pole Shift. BTW there NEVER has been a Full Physical Pole Reversal... Only Geomagnetic.

Om A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhih, Dhih, Dhih

Wow! your entirely correct. hmmmmm

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

try reading this and enlighten yourself:

www.crystalinks.com...

LOL!

There are people out there that surmise that the earth crust occasionally slip and causes the pole areas to relocate.

If you dont think that this is a possibility, no matter how remote, then go troll somewhere else and let us get back to the discussion

Yeah, and among them, is Einstein. No s...t. he wrote the foreword to charles hapgood's book, path of the pole. and considered the full pole shift a possibility... read the book to see.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

try reading this and enlighten yourself:

www.crystalinks.com...

LOL!

There are people out there that surmise that the earth crust occasionally slip and causes the pole areas to relocate.

If you dont think that this is a possibility, no matter how remote, then go troll somewhere else and let us get back to the discussion

Yeah, and among them, is Einstein. No s...t. he wrote the foreword to charles hapgood's book, path of the pole. and considered the full pole shift a possibility... read the book to see.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Regardless of what is posted on You Tube or other vids. or for any other scientific article that is posted , I don't have much faith or belief it science. Although the thought if pole shift sounds incredible at the least. It truly is impossible to really know WHAT is going to happen. Yes we may have some indications of orientation of volcanic material at certain materials, however that does not prove the event will shift the poles magnetic placement to an completely different location, like from north south to east west.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
[post removed. advertising & recruitment are not allowed]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelBinx

There is a lot of doom and gloom online. Fortunately, it's a bunch of garbage.

Pole shifts are events that occur slowly. It is likely there has not been a pole shift in 200 million years. There is an interesting discussion going on now in scientific circles that there was a pole shift 84 million years ago.

Planet X does not exist. How do we know? You can do gravity studies to see how the known planets move and then determine if there is any movement not accounted for by known objects. Guess what? There is nothing out there close to us. There might be something really, really far away, but no Planet X/Wormwood/Nibiru or whatever hoax is the hoax du jour.

There is no evidence that there is increased volcanism today or at Yellowstone in particular. There are no more earthquakes now than before.

You can calm down and live life well without the worry of something happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

Do you have any evidence that cosmic radiation affects the mantle?
Do you have any evidence for more earthquakes and volcanic activity?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ohGrx

yellowstone national park is one of the largest hotbeds of volcanic activity in the world.

It's been quite a while since there has been any volcanic activity at Yellowstone. Since the last eruption there have been many eruptions along the Cascade range. There have been many eruptions in the Cascades in the last 100 years. How often do Alaskan volcanoes erupt? What about all of the Pacific rim eruptions? What about Etna? Yellowstone is quiet compared to these other areas.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by L.O.S.orangization

If people claim that there is a pole shift sooner than 200 million years, then they are misleading you. There was a pole shift some 800 million years ago. It took 15 million years to complete. There is a lively discussion in the scientific community about a possible pole shift 84 million years ago.

None of these pole shifts appear to have led to cataclysmic events because they took place over a million years or more of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join