It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift survival guide

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UofCinLA

dude i just wanna say im scared out of my mind about this and what you just said made me feel a heck of a lot better.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow, not only are implyed facts way off, but it would appear your spending way to much time in the conspiracy world. Pangaea correct spelling, was the pin name given to the "Super Continent " . This was just after the earths tectonic plates cooled and volcanic activity became less violent. the tectonics plates move approximately 1 inch a year, after pangaea there were three super continents, then over the course of million of years the continent as we all know and love them accured, polar shift has accurred dozens of times throughout earth history, current as of today the magnetic north pole has moved 40 kilometers from it geographic north pole. You see the magnetic poles are in constant movement, yes a polar shift will accure soon, and yes it will be life changing, but based on science not speculation or on conspiracy life will go on. The science and computer models tells right off everything within 200 feet of sea level will be under water. That put down about 70%+ of the worlds population if it accurred suddenly, but these changes are accurring now and have been for years, greater events will happen do to global warming, Alaska alone has averaged a 10 degree increase in average temp. over the pasted 20 years, with the ice sheets melting at an alarming rate, causing massive amount of fresh water to be dumped into the atlantic ocean effectively deluting the salt water thus causing a warming effect, which then leads to a shut down of the atlantic current, and you start to see that it is much more complicated then one day you walk up and your falling 2000 feet.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by not_fazed

Hey Guys:
There are two different forms of "Polar Shifts". When Polar Shift is refered to by scientists, it generally refers to magnetic polar reversal. Geological Polar Shift is refered to as Polar Wander.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Incredible.
There were continents around before and after Pangea.
Someone was right about N. America being at the equator in it's past, but the oil that we have is the product of fossills from shallow seas (permian basin), not forest.
If you look into seafloor spread, there are exstensive studies (magnetology) which have a number of our past magnetic shifts recorded on the sea floor. As basalt is exuded from mid-ocean ridges (the cause of sea floor spreading) any magnetic parts within the cooling basalt will align itself with the magnetic north as it cools. It happens frequently (in geologic time), and life is still here.
Lithospheric plates (continents) move constantly, as there are convectional currents within the mantle, combined with the heat and pressure of the lower asthenosphere producing a plastic-like rock, that is maleable.
The equator is the direction of rotation of the earths SOLID metal core. It moves within a molten metal core. It is not going to stop and change direction...ever, without the intervention of something catastrophic happening to it.
Nibiru is total fantasy. There is no imminent doom, so come out from your ma's basement and experience the reality and joys that life and the universe has to offer. Maybes even read a science book or two.
Forget the scare-mongers, they are only playing on your paranoia for attention, and in some cases, dollars.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is not describing a poler shift this is describing the earth physicaly tumbeling on it's axis. during the year 2012 the sun will line up with the galactic center on the date Dec 21 the earth will line up with the sun and the galactic center this alignment will displace the oval shaped earth on its center of rotation causing the physical axis to swing 21 degrees off its current position and then back and forth untill it returns to normal. there will be no safe place... but space is safe investigate the Orion project not the old nuclear rocket but the new 6 man space vehicle going up in Aug 2012. contact me if you like - [email protected]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Text Yellowall said and done could someone please tell me how the children and myself will survive this please,please

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zhuzha

Ok man!! I like your attitude. If you dont make it I inherit the earth? Some of the MENSA crowd have been wondering how hard the great unwashed would be to handle in a crisis situation. Well so much for some humor. Relative to survival does anyone know of a truly serious group interested in survival of the 2012 polar shift? You know like the creation of a R.E.I.T. (real estate investment trust) for the purpose of creating a practical and rational, shelter and infrastructure for survival. Multiple shelters to enhance the odds of survival, running from mid canada due south to the mid or southern united states. By the way your biggest challenge for survival is lack of time and the airheads that waist it with some of the sensless manure they sometimes put here and elsewhere on the net. SO SORRY IF IVE HURT FEELINGS BUT DO TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC. TIME CAN NEVER BE REPLACED! DIGG IT! MAN.
The type of people that will be needed to survive will be approx., people capable of multiple tasks & skillssuch as: prior military, construction(wood-iron-plastic-masonry), electricans, HVAC techs, reverse osmosis water purification techs, hyroponic and aeroponic techs, and far too many other skills to list in such small space. In closing Canada did at one time give land away for free if people would just homstead it and the United States sells some dessert lands for as little as $36.00 an acre. Geodesic Domes are extremly sturdy and the best choice if one would wish to build a biosphere which is precisly the mentality that will be reqiured. So is anyone interested in a sincere disscussion? BLOODTEAR

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The pole shift may not occur untill 2014.

No sense in getting upset about how unscientific this is. Just wait until the next president asks you to evacuate the coastal areas. Then you will know for sure.

For those who don't want to chance it:

Florida will be completely gone. Stay away from the Mississippi river area.
Prepare beforehand by planting seeds to grow food. Get some hand tools.
The wind will destroy much in the west, south and east coast. Ohio, Indiana and Illinois will be fairly safe away from the rivers and Great Lakes.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity... what does Nibiru/Planet X actually have to do with the polar shift? Do the solar storms generated with the conflict between Planet X and our sun have anything to do with it?

And would there be any safe havens if the disasters do occur in Western Australia?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Apparently, North America will shift so it's definitely not a safe place, even montain area. And most of Europe will have a very cold climate. As for South America, there are quite a few volcanoes there, so even the inactive ones will flare. This leaves Africa, Asia, and Oceania.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Apparently, North America will shift so it's definitely not a safe place, even montain area. And most of Europe will have a very cold climate. As for South America, there are quite a few volcanoes there, so even the inactive ones will flare. This leaves Africa, Asia, and Oceania.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Here is what your going to need if a Polar shift does come to pass here in this world..

First off

Then have no regrets in your life.. A full pack of smokes, and what ever else you will need to make your passing over a party!!!

I like how you think, though personally I'd prefer a few shots of straight Everclear in the event that this 2012 thing comes to pass. I first heard about it years ago, but never thought much of it until my mom gave me this book:

I don't think I slept for about a week after reading it, and I'm not one that gets freaked out very easily... great read on this subject though, very informative and goes into a lot of detail and explains how 2012 would not be the first time this happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Voltzen

There isn't anything going to happen in 2012.
You can postulate a theory, and then go find the facts you need to make it seem likely.
The K/T boundary impact (chixulub) was the worst catastrophy ever for life on Earth. We lost 90% of all living species. But life is still here.
People are paranoid and fearfull, and some people target book sales at them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Pole shift? I thought it was Nibiru? Or the second coming of Christ? Or the apocalypse? Or aliens? Or the center of the galaxy? Aligning of Planets?

How about you write a thread next time on how to survive self perpetuated paranoid schizophrenic mental illnesses driven by faceless conspiracy theories?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So the activity on the SouthPole is...nothing? The issue is getting the facts. It is very hard to find facts. After a few years in the gov. I know how information is used as a tool. Now on the other side, I find myself looking back at the machine and cannot tell the difference between the fact and fiction.

"Seeing is believing" is way old but I still like to experience the "wow!" in discovery and increased awareness. Exposure to a few magic tricks or study about faith and maybe quantum physics will begin the trip down another rabbit hole.

I had hope for Google Scholar to give me evidence but the material is cautious about details. Understandable to pub only what you can defend.

I have enjoyed your input and pickup a few more item to research and follow up.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wow that sounds amazing..I never thought about it like this, a change that occurs on a dimensional level. So perhaps the people who are more conscious and driven by the logic and power of love, understanding that theres nothing more real or important than 'love' itself, might jump into a 'higher dimension' leaving behind the mess of lower vibratio of existence...we might be becoming angels ourselves-people who only few of us sees and calls ghosts or positive energies now?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Wow, not only are implyed facts way off, but it would appear your spending way to much time in the conspiracy world. Pangaea correct spelling, was the pin name given to the "Super Continent " . This was just after the earths tectonic plates cooled and volcanic activity became less violent. the tectonics plates move approximately 1 inch a year, after pangaea there were three super continents, then over the course of million of years the continent as we all know and love them accured, polar shift has accurred dozens of times throughout earth history, current as of today the magnetic north pole has moved 40 kilometers from it geographic north pole. You see the magnetic poles are in constant movement, yes a polar shift will accure soon, and yes it will be life changing, but based on science not speculation or on conspiracy life will go on. The science and computer models tells right off everything within 200 feet of sea level will be under water. That put down about 70%+ of the worlds population if it accurred suddenly, but these changes are accurring now and have been for years, greater events will happen do to global warming, Alaska alone has averaged a 10 degree increase in average temp. over the pasted 20 years, with the ice sheets melting at an alarming rate, causing massive amount of fresh water to be dumped into the atlantic ocean effectively deluting the salt water thus causing a warming effect, which then leads to a shut down of the atlantic current, and you start to see that it is much more complicated then one day you walk up and your falling 2000 feet.

I thought it was Gondwanaland not Pangea?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As long as man has been alive he has lived in fear of the world ending and as we uncover more and more about ancient civilizations we see those fears depicted in remnants of there existence. There is a new doomsday theory every day it seems now and it might not be a huge leap to say that maybe future civilizations will dig up our history and think that something will happen on such and such date... While the cities were leveled and technologies lost the earth has maintained and miraculously so have we (and then some). If such events are to happen it could be argued that it might not be such negative thing for the planet if there were a little less of "us" around, perhaps these disasters are a way of keeping us in check. If the earth doesn't kill us then we will surely kill it. So perhaps instead of living in fear we should work on finding ways for us and the earth to live together so that neither of us is forced to kill the other.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
lets make the following assumptions:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

How can we possibly make that assumption, when that is one of hundreds of ridiculous 2012 theories?

Has somebody put these ideas in your head, or have you conjured them up on your own?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

its the shift of the poles north becomes south etc. but where would be a safe place i dont think there is a way to calculate as we cannot tell which plates will shift which ways

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join