It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift survival guide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Could there possibly be such a thing...

lets make the following assumptions:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

I see no viable way to even begin to calculate where would be a safe place to head too, given the event were to occur.

Common sense would tell me that Denver Colorado and the surrounding area (if you are in the US) would offer your best chances of survival, should you even want to face what would follow.

Imagine the crust under New York City dropping 2,000 feet in a second.

Millions of people would instantly free fall 2,000 feet to impact the sunken ground, if they would even have time to hit before the water rushed in and flooded the area.

This is one nasty scenario people..... as nasty as they come

Only forum I could think of for this one.... move it elsewhere if there is a better forum.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by RickinVa]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd always understood a polar shift as being simply a magnetic reversal and not an actual physical flip of the Earths poles. Or are we talking about two different scenarios?

In the scenario you describe, I doubt anyone could survive - unless they happened to be skydiving at the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the pole shift I speak of is a physical relocation of what we now know as the north and south poles..... there are many theories, some well documented that it occurs on a regular basis

it is not a physical flip.... its more of a slip or a re-location of the north and south poles...

one calculation I remember specifically is that the next slip would place the north pole at the current location of the London area

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are drastic changes that would take place even if a magnetic pole change happened. We would literaly tear apart the crust of our earth in many places as well as tides and the "floating" layers of earth apon the magma channels.

They would all change, Mountains would get bigger or smaller, seas an oceans would flux much of what we would know as the worlds geography would cease to be and would dawn a new land mass everywhere. rises an falls. Not to mention the time it took to change would serious rest apon how the changes took place.

member not just the earth moves, the earth's crust, and its center move as well. We are all floating "Pangea".

All would move in directins unheard of, and would have drastic physical effects. Nothing on this planet happens without effecting everything else in some way shape or form.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I not famailiar with the concept that a magnetic change would cause physical change.... I always equated them with 2 very different scenarios.

if someone can explain the differences between the two, feel free.

but the scenario stays the same.

Assuming that the 21 Dec 2012 date is correct and a change of the "world as we know it" becomes reality, ie a pole shift, is there anything that a individual can do to further their chances of survival?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by RickinVa]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Funny you say Denver... Prehaps someone already knows about the Polar shifts and that is what is behind the Denver Airport

Many threads that are up about the Denver Airport.. Do you think they already thought of this, and made an underground area under the airport?
And that might discribe some of the wild artwork they have about the End of world type pictures they have all over denver Air port, here is a picture of one such painting..

Yeah so I dont know where would be a safe place that a citizen could go to if this was to take place... We are pretty much screwed, so lets just have as much fun till then.. And if it happens, then dont have regrets! If it doesnt, well then gives you more time to think up a new way we are all going to die

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
I not famailiar with the concept that a magnetic change would cause physical change.... I always equated them with 2 very different scenarios.

if someone can explain the differences between the two, feel free.

but the scenario stays the same.

Assuming that the 21 Dec 2012 date is correct and a change of the "world as we know it" becomes reality, ie a pole shift, is there anything that a individual can do to further their chances of survival?

Just a little insight about the difference. science.enotes.com... As I understand, if a geographic pole shift were to take place we would all be wiped off the map. Another link www.crystalinks.com... We should all pray that a physical rotation of the planet does'nt happen,Ever! If it does, you don't want to be here when it's over because if anything is left it will be consumed by survival at its worst.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wouldn't the change be gradual, instead of sudden as you have described? I remember reading a previous thread or a video on google about the Earth's pole already being distorted and reversed...like theres a hole of increasing size near the south pole where the magnetic alignments are not really aligned as normal...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesepie
Wouldn't the change be gradual, instead of sudden as you have described? I remember reading a previous thread or a video on google about the Earth's pole already being distorted and reversed...like theres a hole of increasing size near the south pole where the magnetic alignments are not really aligned as normal...

Yes I do belive you are correct cheesepie

Here is one of the better Vids posted by a mod here. Its well worth the time spent watching this one if you want to know more about the current flow we have going on ATS about Polar shift

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
the second picture of that freak holding a machine gun as well as a sword is one of the most disturbing pics i have seen in quite some time and i thank you for posting it. i take it that painting is telling the viewer that through sufferage and war comes peace. i could not disagree anymore.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
the second picture of that freak holding a machine gun as well as a sword is one of the most disturbing pics i have seen in quite some time and i thank you for posting it. i take it that painting is telling the viewer that through sufferage and war comes peace. i could not disagree anymore.

Your welcome, here is the peom that goes with the masked gunman..
Which even that in itself is creepy..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Ancient DNA samples show that southern Greenland was teeming with insect and plant life 450,000 years ago.

news.bbc.co.uk...

At one time, this frozen waste land was once a lush forest.. Polar shift is looking more like a reality than some far fetched theroy..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
Could there possibly be such a thing...

lets make the following assumptions:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

If that happened (especially that quickly) it wouldn't matter where you were. A few microbes might survive buried in rock somewhere. But that'd be your lot ....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here's a story about what it may be like should a pole 'flip' occur. Not a pretty picture to be sure...

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yea, i really believe in the whole Pole Shift theory rather then global warming.

If any of you guys read UFO Magazine, a magazine on UFOs and Aliens, try to get the July 2003 issue (Volume 23 No. 7). In it, there was an interesting article by Graham Ennis in which it said how the year 2040 could be a time when we go back to the "Dark Ages". By that, is was due to the Pole Shift of Earth because of its failing magnetic field and that the Chemtrails may be a covert means to monitor the fields and act as a shield to protect us from harmful radiation. In it, it also talked about AIDS and how when the Pole Shift occurs, many things would be diffrent. There were Egyptian Pictographs on how the East would become the West and vice versa. And there was another pic that descried Osiris retook the place at the right of God, indicating that the Earth will turn the other way. All this and more was written in that essay, and i honestly believe that this is correct.

But to the point, i dont think i would be able to surrvive the Pole Shift, so many calamities would happen. And we cannot forget the human instinct to surrvive so who knows what will happen. Ehhhh, all in due time.....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If the next pole shift is going to shatter the earth's crust like the OP says, then why hasn't it done so before? The original discovery of the flip-flopping magnetic poles was in the mid-oceanic ridge in the Atlantic Ocean, where stripes of alternating magnetic rock were found spreading out from the divide between two continental plates. Surely if the earth's surface was going to shatter, flip, and destroy itself every time there was a pole shift, this delicate zone of perfectly layered rock, found on the boundary between two plates, would never survive intact.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is what your going to need if a Polar shift does come to pass here in this world..

First off

Then have no regrets in your life.. A full pack of smokes, and what ever else you will need to make your passing over a party!!!

edit: opps wrong pic. hehe

[edit on 7-7-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Peeps need to step back and have a clear understanding of just what a pole shift is and is not. Contrary to what some would have you believe, a pole shift is simply a changing of the magnetic charge on the two poles such that north becomes south and vice versa.

It it NOT a flipping of the Earth or other such garbage. There is no evidence whatsoever to back up anything other that the slow drift of pangea into what we see as the continents today. They have never gone slipping around at anything other than the snails pace they have always been moving at.

Magnetic pole shifts have happened quite often and while they may provide for some increased radiation exposure the only real big thing will be that traditional magnetic compasses will point somewhere other than where they point now and we will be treated to aurora in places where they are typically not seen. Even today, the north magnetic pole is not the true north pole of the planet and it fact wobbles around quite a bit. There are also magnetic anomaly's that sailors and pilots have to worry about and those will likely increase as we approach the actual shift.

As for survival - buy a lawn chair and some booze and kick back and enjoy the auroral show as that is about all the average person will have to worry about....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Here is what your going to need if a Polar shift does come to pass here in this world..

I quit the "smokes" but a supply of Jack would be vital to the survival of Civilization
Make it Single Barrel for me though.

Why worry? Be happy! There is nothing we can do about these things so why ruin our lives by worrying about them.

If you survive something like this you will need skills more than things. Learn to hunt with and without guns. Learn to trap. Learn to farm from seeds. Learn which plants are edible or useful. Learn to build shelters. Learn to make cloth and clothing. Learn to make rope and twine. If you know those things you will have a good chance of surviving. I'm afraid the anti-everything crowd will be the first to die. They have no skills.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't see any way of preparing for either of these scenarios, except basically "Don't plan on using a compass or GPS if it happens." It may also cut off power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join