It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morocco Raises Security Alert to Maximum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Morocco Raises Security Alert to Maximum

www.reuters.com

RABAT (Reuters) - Morocco has raised its terrorism threat level to "maximum", the highest category indicating a radical Islamist attack is expected imminently, the Interior Ministry said in a statement on Friday.

Analysts and diplomats said recent visits to Morocco by top European and U.S security officials underscored the imminence of the threat as well as the role the North African kingdom was playing in the U.S.-declared global fight against terrorism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
tvnz.co.nz

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this.
The spike of recent terrorist activity
is rather alarming.

Anyone familiar with the conlficts in
Morrocco or what to make of this?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
After reading the full article, I can not help but wonder if Morocco will be the first testing grounds of a true police state, done in the name of the war on terror. They have a threat, they don't know when but they know it is coming. They suspect a suicide bombing at the height of the tourist season. How can you really stop a suicide bomber? Checkpoints perhaps? It just seems a bit neat to me. Maybe I am crazy..lol

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here's an update on this matter:

Report: EU, Israel warn Morocco of terror threat

RABAT, Morocco: The European Union and Israel have alerted Morocco to the threat of imminent terrorist attacks and urged tighter security, a Moroccan newspaper reported Monday.

Morocco's al-Ahdath al-Maghribiya newspaper said EU officials sent a report to Morocco warning of a "very high likelihood of terrorist attacks against Morocco."

Its been three days since the initial warning, and this reminds
me of similar warning: Indonesia Terror Threat Serious, Says Australian PM

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
man, this is sad

I was just in Morocco visiting Casablanca and Rabat this time last year and it's a very interesting lively place

Part of the reason for all of the extremist animosity is that Morocco has in initiative called "Vision 2010" where they're trying to double their tourism numbers by building new roads, soccer stadiums and create new attractions.

Part of their main focus is to break away from the generalization that Muslim countries are dangerous for western tourists.

I hope this threat level will pass without any harm done and Morocco can strengthen their security

new topics

top topics

join