It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda linked to operations from Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda linked to operations from Iran

www.ft.com

Evidence that Iranian territory is being used as a base by al-Qaeda to help in terrorist operations in Iraq and elsewhere is growing, say western officials.

It is not clear how much the al-Qaeda operation, described by one official as a money and communications hub, is being tolerated or encouraged by the Iranian government, they said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Also stated in the article it describes Iran a bit fearful of Al Qaeda. With that being said we all know that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Iran enabling another Terrorist organization is a very real possibility and can offer some chilling scenarios.

If this is all true, what could be the possible outcome of having Iran harboring elements of Al Qaeda? Iran has been building up its nuclear capabilities by expanding the manufacturing of centrifuges and is not far away from being able to produce a bomb. If they are to enable groups like Al Qaeda with weapons like these the whole word is not safe. Expect Israel, the UK and the US to all be on the atomic hit list.

It is my estimation that the US is completely powerless to interfere with Iran. With troops being exhausted and stretched so thin between Iraq and Afghanistan there is no viable solution to deal with Iran through any show of force because bombs will only go so far.

Iran is playing a dangerous game and they have a good possibility of throwing the world markets into the gutter with some well placed explosives in Saudi Arabia or other oil producing nations.

Iran has to be dealt with some how and some way but the solutions for getting them to heel are few and far between.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeah. From the Financial Times, a well-know propaganda website used by Bilderberg. Sure. Also, we know that Al-CIAda is BS and this piece of propaganda is mostly aimed at mainstream people who don't know that Iran is shiite and Al-CIADA sunni and that they hate eachothers.

Nothing to see here unless you want to read more propaganda from the globalists own mouths.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

this piece of propaganda is mostly aimed at mainstream people who don't know that Iran is shiite and Al-CIADA sunni and that they hate eachothers.

You apparently didn't read the article that I posted and my commentary on it. It states in the article that Iran has been fearful of Al-CIAda (as you put it) because of the Sunni and Shia differences.

I also stated that they would be very likely to ally against the US in order to take down their greatest enemy. As I said: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

You may call this propaganda but I call this awareness. This is what people do to keep themselves informed. I just presented you the information and I provided my opinion. You seemed to already have formed yours to the point where you did not even read the article and accept it on its own merits.

Take the information as you will.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now... I swore there was this thing going around saying something like... Iraq had... WMD's... And there was a link between Al-Qaeda and Iraq... Huh... Don't know what really came of it... But this for some reason sounds like the samething... Maybe its just me though...
Ring any bells?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah, totally. I would agree with you that it does ring plenty of bells and it seems uncomfortably similar to the ramping up of the current Iraq war.

However, what can the U.S. possibly do? They have completely exhausted the troop population and unless there were a draft we cannot fight a war in three separate countries. Its just simply not feasible or probable to be able to wage campaigns in all the areas. In fact, I think they are doing a crappy job at taking care of the two right now.

My feelings are that Iran knows this and is basically using it to their advantage. The most the U.S. could do is bomb possible nuclear targets and no more. Iran is basically using the compromised position the U.S. is in now to achieve their means.

Its been stated plenty of times over that Iranian troops and operatives have been found in Iraq. They want to keep that country as unstable as possible because it keep the U.S. far to occupied to be able to react.

The only way for Iran to essentially be put in its place is if it were to have a large scale civil uprising.

new topics

top topics

join