It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I recieved a strange phonecall from Roswell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Thanks for the link, forestlady.

I think you can try calling the service provider and ask them who owns that phone number. It's worth a shot anyway.

you can also try to send a text message to that number from the Alltel website.
Yes thanks forestlady,and MajorMalfunction.I will definitely give your suggestions a shot.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Misleading title.

You got a call from New Mexico. Most likely a tele-marketer. Prehaps even a wrong number. But for you to claim you got a mystery call from Roswell ...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thats kinda strange, I live in NM and I am house sitting for my mom and dad while they are out in Phoenix AZ. They asked me to mail thier bills to AZ since they would be out there for a month. They asked me if I had made any calls to Roswell and I said no. But there it was on the telephone bill. 4 calls to Roswell from my parents house. strange. I never made any calls to Roswell.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
FrankenChrist, that really is weird! The plot thickens...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I read an article a why ago about faking a caller ID. If this is the case that may explain why the number was non exsistant when dialed.

USATODAY.com article

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ON the topic of stange calls, a while back the number 000-000-0000 Unknow Callers poped up on my parents caller ID house line. I didn't answer the call, but it was such a streange number.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
FrankenChrist, that really is weird! The plot thickens...

it is strange, my wife and I both work for the government, I work for the state and she works for the federal. recently she has been telling me she feels like SHE is being watched. for what reason I dont know, she really doesnt know either. .... I dont think it means anything. but you never know. I work in forensic pathology and she in histology. But she says she gets a creepy feeling that she is being watched.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This is priceless
2 pages! I might as well chime in.

I tossed my caller ID and saved the money when I realized I would run clear across the house rather than answer on a phone without a caller ID readout. How exactly could someone who dialed a wrong number hurt me. They can't so it was irrational. Somebody got rich playing off peoples senseless fears.

I also started thinking what if my Wife broke down and borrowed a phone. What happens if I would not answer because I did not recognize the number. That was the end of that little $3 item on my phone bill.

I pay for 10 lines at work and two at home. I must receive at least 25 wrong number calls a week. I must also dial at least a couple of numbers wrong myself each week. Add to that, that they now reissue numbers almost immediately and it takes a few days for the recordings to catch up and I think you have an answer. Somebody dialed a wrong number.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I recieved a call the other day and I had missed the call so i hit *69 to see who it was from, well the automated voice said the number was from 000-0000. I think that was all the 0's... weird huh?

You are probably being tapped for some reason...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No, it's not a tap, it's telemarketers:

What is happening is telemarketers have found a way to NULL out the caller-id field on placed calls, so instead of using standard Caller Line Identity Restriction which will set outbound caller-id to anonymous they just make regular phone calls with a NULL from field. This was meant as a way of getting past people who have Anonymous Call Rejection.

This was posted on the Vonage Forum, by a Vonage engineer. So I would tend to believe that this is the explanation for the all zero calls.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I recieved a call the other day and I had missed the call so i hit *69 to see who it was from, well the automated voice said the number was from 000-0000. I think that was all the 0's... weird huh?

You are probably being tapped for some reason...

I have to agree with MajorMalfunction.

When Blockbuster calls me with an automated message to return my movies it always reads out as 0000000000.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
When Blockbuster calls me, the number is 999-999-9999. I feel like I'm being watched, also! I think it's strange that you were reading about Roswell, and received a call from that area. Sometimes, if I can't find the actual number, I type in the almost all of the numbers, and I can get the general area of the call. You might try that, etc!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well I know for a fact that my phone number comes up weird on call dispays. I have Skype a internet phone, I love it free calls to anywhere in the world for only $15.00 a year. But it cost me $40.00 to have a phone number for a year, $65.00 per year for a phone. Sometimes my nickname comes over the caller id and sometimes zeros or 1234567890.

[edit on 7/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Silverking:

Hi there. I've experience a series of random phone calls a few months back that struck me strangely as well.

All of these calls were made to my cell phone number (and I've had this number for years now). I didn't recognize any of them, so I let them all go to voicemail at the time...

The first one came in one night about 3am. I was sleeping and woke up to the ringing. It was out-of-state and I figured it may have been a telemarketer (even at 3am), so I went back to sleep. The following morning when I awoke, I saw a voicemail and went to check it. The message was from this number that called at 3am. All I heard was repetitive, light 'beeping' noises mixed into heavy background static. It played all the way through and at the very end of the message, a voice came on. A faint whisper-like voice, that said "Hello" and faded away as the message cut off. VERY EERIE sound! The voice sounded like an elderly woman who I didn't recognize. It wasn't even a solid voice - just a slight whisper.

I googled the number and it came up from somewhere in Ohio. I forget the town now, but I don't know anyone from Ohio. I called the number back and I also got an automated message saying that the number was no longer in use. (I had chills running up and down my spine.)

The second call came a few days later. This time, at 7am one morning. Again, waking me up. Another voicemail was left, coming from a different number than the one from Ohio. This message had nothing but that SAME static and beeping noises. No voice this time. I traced it from google and found out it came from an elementary school a few towns away. I immediately called the number back and asked if anyone had tried to reach me. A lady answered the phone and told me that this number is only accessible through her personal line in the office and no one has used the phone. She had been sitting there the entire morning. I thanked her and hung up - without telling her about the voicemail.

Now, the third and final call in this series, came just a few days later as well. This time, I received 2 phone calls from the same exact number as I was sleeping one night. On this night, I was so tired that I never even heard the phone ring. I woke up the next morning and saw the numbers on my caller ID. Yet again, another voicemail was left. The voicemail had the EXACT static and light beeping on it. No voice.

(Now keep in mind, all of my other voicemail from friends and whatnot *never* had this static and beeping on them. Even to this day, when someone I know, or even telemarketers, call me - its always crystal clear.)

This third call was the strangest to me. I, again, traced the number through google to a Holiday Inn very close to where I lived at the time.. no more than 5 miles down the road. I called the number back and it rang quite a few times with no answer. So a few hours later, I called the number back again. Also, no answer after many rings.

Later in the evening, I was taking care of house work and when I finished, went to check to see if I had any missed calls. This same number had called me back. Once again, I returned the call. It had only been a couple of minutes since the call came in, and still I received no answer.

I knew no one that would have been staying there and am very selective as to who I even give my number to. It struck me as odd because from every one of the three numbers, a very similar voicemail was left.

I'm not easily perplexed by random occurrences like these, but the synchronicity of these calls had me scratching my head a bit. It felt like a game of cat and mouse, especially on the last call. These calls happened about 3 months ago, and since then I haven't received any other calls of the sort.

I just thought I'd let you know (along with a few others here) that you aren't alone. Many people get strange calls like these. Whether or not they are all wrong numbers, who knows? But they definitely make you wonder...

- Mea

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Double post. My apologies...

- Mea

[edit on 8-7-2007 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I got chills just reading about your phone calls! I've heard of people dying, and then a relative receives a phone call from the person, after the person's death! Now, those calls are really strange! That's what your post reminded me of! I've received some very strange calls over the years, etc. I started writing the phone numbers down in a notebook, and list the date and time. Then, when I find a site that shows phone number listings, I go back and try to find who was calling, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
yeah great story about the phone calls.
Had a think about who you know who has passed on?
I'd call the phone company and see what they think. It could be able to be explained technically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join