Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I recieved a strange phonecall from Roswell

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm sure this was most likely a coincidence but a very strange one.Due to the recent talk about Lieutenant Walter Haut (the guy that died and left claims about ufos, aliens, and roswell) I was researching the roswell story on the web. As I was reading my cellphone rang.I didn't recognize the # or the area code so I did'nt answer it. I was curious about the area code so I looked it up and I'm seriously not joking it just happens to be Roswell, New Mexico. O.K thats odd, now I want to know who it is. I called the # and got a message that said "the number you have dialed is not a working number" How can a number that does'nt work or not exist ring my phone. This is the first time that I've ever heard that message. Anyway I thought it was a very strange coincidence.By the way I don't know anyone from New Mexico and I have never dialed or recieved a phonecall from the 505 area code. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to share my wierd experience and I could'nt think of anywhere I could do that beside ATS.




posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
post the number...I remember reading a story about someone who came across a secret phone number by just dialing randomly. I'll get the page for you if I come across it again.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've had similar messages on trying to call back "mystery numbers" that show up. A lot of the time they're telemarketing companies you can't dial in to.

Pretty funny the coincidence of Roswell, though.

I suggest you Google the phone number, I've found out interesting things about some of the mystery numbers that way.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You probably did not get a call from Roswell. The 505 code is for all of New Mexico. I don't know why you would say that especially after you said you looked it up. Making blatant false statements doesn't go over well usually here.

Reverse Phone lookup:
www.reversephonedirectory.com...

Anywho:
www.anywho.com...

Happy huntin.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is there anything ilegal or something against ats rules about posting phone numbers or adresses? I was'nt sure about this so thats why I did'nt post it.I mean, I have no idea who this number could belong to.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Seriously, Google the number (xxx) xxx-xxxx

If it's listed, it will show up. Sometimes I've done that on a telemarketing call and gotten to fraud reports about the company calling me.

edit to add: Or, if you aren't big on Googling, you can U2U me the number and I'll check it out.


[edit on 6-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
okay so I found the story I was talking about, it's called : Phreaker's Phunhouse
by the Jolly roger. On a website called Anarchists Cookbook. The story is talking about a guy who was randomly going through phone numbers and came across a suspicious one that wasn't a normal number. He later called back and pretended to be the phone company and threaten to turn off the line if they didn't tell them what the number was. He found out later it's the number for the presidents bomb shelter. Crazyness!!!!



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You probably did not get a call from Roswell. The 505 code is for all of New Mexico. I don't know why you would say that especially after you said you looked it up. Making blatant false statements doesn't go over well usually here.
Thanks moserious , you're absolutely correct about the area code being all of New Mexico.When I looked it up I googled "area code 505" I clicked on the first one listed "Show map of area code 505" heres the link www.whitepages.com... I live in florida and we have 46 area codes.I did'nt realize that the area code 505 was for the entire state.I guess I assumed it was only for the cities listed on the map because not all of the cities in New Mexico were listed. I'm sorry if you feel like I am trying to mislead you.I understand my mistake. I claimed that Roswells area code was 505 when I should have said that Roswell is part of the 505 area code.I'm not trying to make false claims or change anyones opinion about roswell or anthing else.Thats why I posted this in skunk works. I was just curious if anyone else has recived phone calls from numbers that don't work and like I said before I just wanted to share my strange story.Thank you pointing out my mistake I will try to be more careful in the future.You probably think of me as a new member but the truth is I have been reading ats for some time and I just recently became a member. I know how frauds are delt with here and I don't want to be labeled one.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I thought I remembered that area code....of course...Albuquerque is what I was thinking.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Seriously, Google the number (xxx) xxx-xxxx

If it's listed, it will show up. Sometimes I've done that on a telemarketing call and gotten to fraud reports about the company calling me.

edit to add: Or, if you aren't big on Googling, you can U2U me the number and I'll check it out.


[edit on 6-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]
I tried google but the search said it did not match any documents.I'm not sure about posting the number so I will U2U like you suggested.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
OK, without posting the actual number, here's what I find:

Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Alltel Communications
Location: Clovis, NM

(the number) is Unpublished or Unavailable

So I looked up Clovis on Google Maps.

Roswell's only 100 miles from Clovis.

But do I think that you were called by someone just because you were looking at info on Roswell online? No. It's a coincidence, but a creepy one.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
OK, without posting the actual number, here's what I find:

Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Alltel Communications
Location: Clovis, NM

(the number) is Unpublished or Unavailable

So I looked up Clovis on Google Maps.

Roswell's only 100 miles from Clovis.

But do I think that you were called by someone just because you were looking at info on Roswell online? No. It's a coincidence, but a creepy one.
Thanks for the info. I agree its just a coincidence but definitely creepy like you said, but I wish I could go back and answer it so it does'nt feel so creepy.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Next time a telemarketer calls you, tell them you've got to leave but here's another number to call me. Then give them that number.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
Next time a telemarketer calls you, tell them you've got to leave but here's another number to call me. Then give them that number.
What? I'm sorry but I don't understand this comment. I never spoke with a telemarketer what are saying?



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
I'm sure this was most likely a coincidence but a very strange one.Due to the recent talk about Lieutenant Walter Haut (the guy that died and left claims about ufos, aliens, and roswell) I was researching the roswell story on the web. As I was reading my cellphone rang.I didn't recognize the # or the area code so I did'nt answer it. I was curious about the area code so I looked it up and I'm seriously not joking it just happens to be Roswell, New Mexico. O.K thats odd, now I want to know who it is. I called the # and got a message that said "the number you have dialed is not a working number" How can a number that does'nt work or not exist ring my phone. This is the first time that I've ever heard that message. Anyway I thought it was a very strange coincidence.By the way I don't know anyone from New Mexico and I have never dialed or recieved a phonecall from the 505 area code. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to share my wierd experience and I could'nt think of anywhere I could do that beside ATS.


the number that showed up on your caller ID more than likely is part of a larger network. you can not access that individual number without going to through the larger network first.

can you share with us what you have been researching that might have led to this? what specific sights have you viewed that you personally believe led to this phone call?



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live in New Mexico, and I'm afraid that the entire state has the same area code "505". So chances are real good that the call came from a wide range of places.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is Alltel's website:
www.alltel.com...

It's a telecommunications company.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did more research on Alltel and couldn't find anything sinister about them. Looks like it was coincidence, even though it sounds far-fetched.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, forestlady.

I think you can try calling the service provider and ask them who owns that phone number. It's worth a shot anyway.

you can also try to send a text message to that number from the Alltel website.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Originally posted by silverking
I'm sure this was most likely a coincidence but a very strange one.Due to the recent talk about Lieutenant Walter Haut (the guy that died and left claims about ufos, aliens, and roswell) I was researching the roswell story on the web. As I was reading my cellphone rang.I didn't recognize the # or the area code so I did'nt answer it. I was curious about the area code so I looked it up and I'm seriously not joking it just happens to be Roswell, New Mexico. O.K thats odd, now I want to know who it is. I called the # and got a message that said "the number you have dialed is not a working number" How can a number that does'nt work or not exist ring my phone. This is the first time that I've ever heard that message. Anyway I thought it was a very strange coincidence.By the way I don't know anyone from New Mexico and I have never dialed or recieved a phonecall from the 505 area code. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to share my wierd experience and I could'nt think of anywhere I could do that beside ATS.


the number that showed up on your caller ID more than likely is part of a larger network. you can not access that individual number without going to through the larger network first.

can you share with us what you have been researching that might have led to this? what specific sights have you viewed that you personally believe led to this phone call?
I don't believe that anything led to this phonecall.I just thought it was strange that I recieved a call from an area code that happens to include roswell.Yes I understand that this call could have come from anywhere in New Mexico. MajorMalfuction provided me with this info Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Alltel Communications
Location: Clovis, NM

(the number) is Unpublished or Unavailable

So I looked up Clovis on Google Maps.

Roswell's only 100 miles from Clovis.
So It looks like the call came from Clovis. Anyway I had a few windows open but this was the page I was reading when my phone rang.en.wikipedia.org...





new topics




 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join