It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us actually watch the news?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't watch news anymore..

I look on ATS if there is anything important to see.

Cause every time i see a news story about something oil, Iraq, and so on I know its a CT waiting to happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
News ... Processing. Oh, you mean INFOTAINMENT.

Occasionally I'll have the local evening "news" on while I surf ATS to keep track of what time it is. But if I want actual news, I tend to get it from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, or read between the lines on The Colbert Report. Isn't that a sad state of affairs? Two comedians give a better idea of what's going on in the world than the actual journalists do.

And of course, I keep on top of interesting news here.

That's hilarious. I watch the Daily Show dang near every night. And yes it's sad but I take what John Stewart says in a comedic fashion more seriously than the con artists on the cororate news.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I tried watching CNN Headline News yesterday. Instead of reporting any news, they were covering a car chase in California... I live in Atlanta. It's pathetic. Mainstream media coverage is so dumbed down. However, I feel it is a result of both: what people want/are willing to watch, and sensationalizing on the side of the media. Generally, I use internet for national news, and local newspapers for keeping up with local news. On the occasion that I watch the news, it's CNN and FOX (more CNN). But yeah, it seems as though TV news is becoming more and more like Entertainment Tonight rather than good old fashioned reporting or jounalism.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I stopped watching main stream news about 3 months ago when I had the cable shut off. ( to much money for to many channel I didn't watch )

Now I get the news from the local news papers, magazines, and the internet.

Thats a lot of eye-strain.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I guess Im like most of you... stoped watching the news on TV and have started gettting it from ATS. Although I go to the sites of the local news papers (www.smh.com.au) and googlenews.com.au . They are pretty good for unbias news, and they cover a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
News ... Processing. Oh, you mean INFOTAINMENT.

Occasionally I'll have the local evening "news" on while I surf ATS to keep track of what time it is. But if I want actual news, I tend to get it from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, or read between the lines on The Colbert Report. Isn't that a sad state of affairs? Two comedians give a better idea of what's going on in the world than the actual journalists do.

And of course, I keep on top of interesting news here.

That's hilarious. I watch the Daily Show dang near every night. And yes it's sad but I take what John Stewart says in a comedic fashion more seriously than the con artists on the cororate news.

Lots of truth there my friends
I can remember the reason I found ATS was becasue of a line Colbert used on his website forum.. I was able to wake up becasue mostly of Stewart and Colbert!!! Like you said if you read between the lines, you see something that you just cant get out of your head or let go.. I sleep better at night knowing what I know now.
Sure we get some out of this world disinfo on here, but atleast I know its disinfo. When you see stuff in the media they play it out as its fact without doubt!! ITs the only written truth, and if you belive anything else your unamerican!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I do try and watch the local news. See whats happeneing locally. When I was up late at night with babies,thank goodness thats long over with, msnbc would be on to keep me awake.

A very good friend of mine got me hooked on the daily show and the colbert report. I'd never seen it til I was at her house and she had it on. Now I set the dvr to record it for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I quit watching mainstream media about a month ago and now I get all my news from the internet. At least now I don't have to hear about Paris Hilton every five seconds.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'll watch Fox or CNN if nothing's on. Otherwise I'll take a look at Yahoo News or the Drudge Report. Oh, and Wikinews. I love that.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I for one don't watch the news because I don't have a TV!

After a move from the UK some years ago I brought my computer with me and got online (56k slowding!) and haven't bothered to get a "gogglebox".

There isn't much worth watching that I can't find online now I have broadband.
The News that used to bore me on the telly is a thing of the past and I now rely on many different sources from the internet.

One thing I must say, is that whatever news item comes my way, there are certain sources that always cause me to ask "why"! Why am I being told this, what is the real message here, is there something else I'm not being told?

Obviously, I take nothing for granted and try to understand the true nature of the information given. Articles from the main "corporate" news sites seem to fit the "this is how it is" category and bring the most scrutiny. Only after searching for or finding similar articles is it possible to discover more of the elusive but often key points about a story. This is where a good conspiracy theory can be born.

So....no TV thankyou, I'll stick to multi-sourced written word and not big brothers "infotainment".

Good post ...... beware the man behind the curtain!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm a mere 16 and I watch the news a couple of times a day.
It's pretty god damned boring here in Canada, but there's always something exciting on CNN.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The only news that I ever watch anymore is the Weather Channel. Im a Catastrophe Ins Adjuster, so during hurricane season and when theres a storm, I watch.
Other than that, I havent watched the news in years. I cant stand having to watch through an hour of BS waiting for 1 particular story to be announced. Why do that when I can just go to the website, click on the link and read that story anytime I want to?

[edit on 7/11/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I cant stand having to watch through an hour of BS waiting for 1 particular story to be announced. Why do that when I can just go to the website, click on the link and read that story anytime I want to?

Haha, I hate that! You sit through 45 minutes of "coming up... our critical, life-threatening story that everyone needs to see or else! ...but first, a couple reports you don't give a damn about, and a few words from our sponsors!"

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Johnmike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join