It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mooing Could Put Woman in Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Mooing Could Put Woman in Jail

abcnews.go.com

Karyl Hylle, a 25-year-old woman from Hugo, Minn., could face 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine because her neighbor claims her pet steer moos all night, preventing him and his family from sleeping.

"It's not just your regular cow moo. It's 'I'm angry, I'm hungry, I want to eat — moo,'" he said on "Good Morning America." "And it's very deep, from the gut and it's loud and it's a very gut-wrenching moo."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't think this complaint is valid. When you live near a farm, you should expect some moo. Others say that the steer isn't mooing at night at all, and only a couple of times a day. I feel sorry for Hylle, and for the coppers who Mark keeps calling over and over to complain about the mooing. The name of the steer is Wally. Go Wally!

(Hey baby, the hour is late. I feel I gotta moo...)

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People think living in the country is supposed to bring peace & quiet. I had neighbors with chickens and a rooster -- farms aren't quiet.

But when I saw this thread title I thought the woman was mooing. I was thinking, what, she break out in loud moos in the mooooovie theater, or the supermooket?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wait...oh...I thought the lady was mooing at night or something

apc

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"It's sounds like a very deep bellowing foghorn moo. It's not just your regular cow moo.It's 'I'm angry, I'm hungry, I want to eat — moo,'" he said on "Good Morning America." "And it's very deep, from the gut and it's loud and it's a very gut-wrenching moo."

I don't think I've ever seen a moo described with such vivid detail before.

I'm sure this is going to be a very mooving experience for poor Wally.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes indeed a mooooost entertaining story.

Maybe they could get Wally to wear a moooozzle.

Or maybe they could just have a big old BBQ. Wally ribs, Wally steaks. Sounds good to me!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it in the story but who lived there first?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
From the article:

"If you buy a house a hundred feet from a farm, you kind of have to figure that animals will make noise," she said.

It looks like she lived there first.

Mark, who asked that his last name not be revealed, has called the police 21 times to complain about mooing.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm sorry but Mark needs to get a life. Hello, if you live next to a farm you're going to hear noise.

Go Wally.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Honestly can you tell if a cow is angry by its mooing? If a bull is charging at you, thats angry.
I'd take mooing over gunshots.

top topics

join