It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA will suffer same fate as past empires?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Though I'm a Canadian, from what I've seen on the news daily and read on the net, the US is in a very, very, very, DEEP deficit, unemployment is continuing to be a problem, and poverty is getting worse.

Is it possible that the USA will suffer the same fate as past empires like the Roman Empire and the Eygptian Kingdoms?

Both these empires had the same problems. As well as corruptions and wars caused them to collapse just like what is happening today.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Probably...all beginning must have an end.

I don't know if our current problems will cause the downfall, but something will.

In the past we have had much bigger problems and U.S. still remained intact, now it is not really that much.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
eh most empires fall after a few thousand years, that would mean this empire is only a pre teen if even that. id think that it probably will but not to soon hopefully since i reside in new york f'n city!!! i think if it dosent want or any country for that people should study what actually made these empires fall and try to learn from them.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
eh most empires fall after a few thousand years

You can't really call U.S. an empire or civilization, say during the Roman time, they were the best, U.S. is one of the best, Romans conquered everything and lasted for centuries, U.S. didn't conquer anything and hasn't lasted for more than half a century as a superpower.

But it is the wealthiest country to walk on earth and most powerful nation.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How can the US sufer anything if they are not an empire but just a country?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Given that every other empire ended up falling apart, from the Roman to the British, I can only assume that will also happen to the US. An empire doesn't necessarily have to have that name to be one.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
How can the US sufer anything if they are not an empire but just a country?

Nothing lasts forever.

Empire is just an expression, it is used in a general sence.

From the Egyptian civilization to Britain monarcy, they literally ruled the world and then gave way to advance competitor, just like the U.S. will too or it might be the last of superpowers.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
EVERYTHING comes to and end.

America will be no different

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
america is done for.
bad econmoy
war on terriorsm
uncontrolled spending
nwo
lack of people support
=
collapse
hey dont belive me look at the soviet union they had the same problems as us

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I dont think we are an empire yet, super power yes, empire no. It seems the world is against us becoming an empire, if we lay low for a decade we should be alright.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think the US will slowly lose its position as world super power and dissolve back into the rest of the world. Hmm.. I dont really know. The US is alot different that than the Soviet, British, or Roman 'empires'. I'm not sure it will follow the exact same patter. Perhaps it wont 'collapse' really. Maybe the EU will become the worlds other super power. That could be good or bad. It might provide a little more balance in the world. At least for western nations.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

every EMPIRE WILL FALL AND LIFE GOES ON!

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Ah, you have inherited the position of the most powerful nation on earth- and the never-ending struggle to defend the title. Every empire will fall- it's jsut a matter of when.

DE

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanSpy
Though I'm a Canadian, from what I've seen on the news daily and read on the net, the US is in a very, very, very, DEEP deficit, unemployment is continuing to be a problem, and poverty is getting worse.

Is it possible that the USA will suffer the same fate as past empires like the Roman Empire and the Eygptian Kingdoms?

Both these empires had the same problems. As well as corruptions and wars caused them to collapse just like what is happening today.

I find it laughable that you can place the US 'empire' in the same league as the Egyptian or Roman empires.

The US 'empire' is an empire of shallow consumerism, nothing more. It's given very little to the world, and done nothing but take from those countires in who's affairs it has chosen to meddle. The Zenith of the US Empire was the opening of a Macdonalds in Moscow.

Let's keep this in perspecitve.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Interesting dictionary definition....

Empire

" a) a large group of countries under the authority of a single ruler or state. b) an extensive territory or enterprise under the control of a single person or entity.
c) imperial sovereignty."

Superpower

"any of a very few dominant nations in the world"

The Roman, British, Greek and all the other empires had troops based worldwide.

They dominated commercially, culturally and with immense military power.

They where all capable and responsible for great and terrible deeds.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i don't care if america is a empire or not, america is done and most people don't even realize it.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
i don't care if america is a empire or not, america is done and most people don't even realize it.

i am think that way too.

first comes the dislike of the country by alot of others.

then comes the fall.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Few things...

The Roman and Egyptian Empires never really fell, they collapsed as thier leadership got lazy. Constantine moved the capital, withdrew troops from border provinces and started the end of Rome. Egytians Melded thier RUlers with the Romans and Greeks and just let thier empire fall apart internaly. Just a note on history not a prediction for the US.

Also, since the invention of the nuclear bomb there have been no nuclear empires to fall. The ability to win or mutualy anihilate is new and has no historical basis. If anything the cold war between the US and the USSR/Soviets showed that nuclear empire stale-mate, world anihilate, or wait for one of them to collapse internaly.

I doubt the US will ever fall to other forces. Internal collapse is more likely. And it would probably have to be economic internal collapse since its representative democracy (ie Republic) is rather stable in terms of governments.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The US is not an empire its a country,so it can't fall!

and can you tell me some of the things you have read or seen, Plz!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
can some one tell me where the us is failing ?
because from what i can see US influence is in every corner of the world from corporate to war machines, politics ,music and other goverments decisions just look recently at saudi text book changes dont tell me they came to this decision lightly
the US IS JUST BEGINNING TO BECOME A EMPIRE
thank god

top topics

<<   2 >>

join