It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video is coming to AboveTopSecret.com!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We're starting an important new test with a potential partner that can provide us with hundreds of hours of professionally produced video titles that fit ATS topics.

Our basic idea is to provide our members with not just quality video content, but also a unique level access to the writers, producers, videographers, and other crew members. This will be a highly engaging experience where you can watch professional quality, full-length videos for free, then directly engage the crew in questions and conversation.

The test begins with sample snippets from three retail DVD titles most of you would be interested in viewing:

Riddles In Stone: Secret Architecture of Washington, D.C.

Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings: The New Atlantis

Megiddo The March to Armageddon - Bible Prophecy and The New World Order

While we know we're not yet providing full-length video (or crew participation), the idea is to gauge your desire to see content such as this, on ATS, with the participation of various members of the production crew. If we see enough interest from our members and guests, the producers will be more than happy to provide us with the entire video, as well as their participation.

And... in addition... we're getting ready to launch a sophisticated media hosting network where our podcasts and video content will soon be available on a ultra-high bandwidth network of "distributed" servers across the globe. When this is in place, our video service will be opened up to any professional or semi-professional videographer with material they believe will be of interest to our members. Those who participate will receive 50% of the advertising revenue generated by the video ads and discussion thread ads. (A similar service will be opened to members for their original videos.)

Both video services will be expanded to cover the topics discussed on AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and AbovePolitics.com.

So have a look at the videos and provide any comment on the content within the video threads. If you have any questions about the new video service on ATS, post them here.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
All I have to say, SO, is that I'm glad I found this site -- this is the most exciting discussion forum I've ever seen, and you keep adding more and more stuff to it. I spent too much time on the internet before, now you're making it worse! Are you sucking my soul or something when I'm logged on?

And, BTW, do you ever sleep?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Absolutely awesome SO! It's true, you keep making ATS better and better,and me more addicted!Keep up the good work and I'll keep signing in(for hours and hours).

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Beyond 2.0. Very, very "next". Luv it! Congrats to the above network for such a pioneering integrated facilitation capabilty and I look forward to the spectrum of access.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is a fantastic idea. I applaud your innovation and commitment to your members. (although I understand that advertising revenue is a factor). The 50% to the creator is fair enough however.

I really hope this takes off as it has tremendous potential.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great news and good improvement to the site...but the current partner does seem to come with an obvious agenda I personally don't much care about. There will be others, I trust, and not all the 100s of hours come from the same source?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Cool.

Way cool.

Utterly cool.

Cool cubed.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Fricken Awesome....................

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
this is great I look forward to view more videos here.
Is there going to be a stand alone player, like the PodCast player, and chat

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very cool!! Ive found threw my year here on ATS is knowing what question to ask to find the right videos that lead to more searches!!
Im logged in here 24/7 and always have this running either at work, or home, I dont watch TV, and pretty much get everything I need from here

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Awesome, can this place get any better. Oh wait i said that last week, and the week before that and......nevermind.
I thought 'continuous improvement' was just an industry buzz word but you guy's obviously mean it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So are the three amigos still gonna deny that they don`t receive any revenue from doin this site.

In the Uk there`s a site that runs about the same number of hits as this,with less ad links to paying sites.They`ve just raised £100,000=$200,000 more or less from profits and donated to charity, they still admit they have enough to finance a good life style and fund the improvements and pay the staff required to run the site.I feel sorry for the mods here, they don`t get paid

So any plans for charity fund raising here then.Or you just dedicated to improving our ATS experience

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sounds cool, Overlord

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Awsome!!! Best new upgrade yet on ATS. You don't know how long I've been waiting to see those veidos. I hope this really kicks off with even more in the works for the future.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Skeptic?

You never cease to amaze me!

Great idea! I look forward to the upcoming vids.

No 'bootlicking' here...just wanted to tell you I appreciate all the endeavors that you (3 amigos) have done for this site.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So we won't have to post youtube anymore, we can just use the ATS video player?

What kind of formats will it be able to play? (I hope no one else asked that already).

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We'll still have the ability to integrate YouTube, Google Video, and perhaps more into the content of a post. And, the new ATS/BTS/PTS Video player will be "shareable" just like those big boys.

However, we're not looking to be another slapstick destination like Break.com... we want to be a unique place where you can watch quality one-of-a-kind content, and interact with those who made it. It's no big surprise really... our podcasting works the same way.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My wife is not going to be happy about this!!!

Now I'll be on even longer than normal LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Very nice! The player is very slick looking and functional. I'm thoroughly impressed. Just when I was coming to grips with how much time I spend here, ATS comes up with yet another fantastic way for me to hang out even longer. I watched the The March to Armageddon video, parts 1 and 2. If this is a sample of what we can expect to see then I'm your #1 fan.

Great work.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My answer of should we do it or continue it,

"YES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assume Idea!!!

I think this could be the best addition to ATS since I joined

OH and SO, Do u ever sleep????

SO/ATS the team that just stop rocking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>