It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline: 'Out of the Blue': Do Aliens Exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Looks like it's going to be about the newly updated documentary and it's on tonight at 11:35 EDT.

Link

Knowing my luck I'll probably still manage to miss it

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I haven't watched Nightline since Ted Koppel left. Is it still a serious
program, or has it become more tabloid-ish?

At any rate, it's interesting that one of the most respected mediums
will do a story like this. Doubt that they will have a definitive "yes"
or "no" conclusion though. I'll look forward to reading how our
fellow ATS members report back on the show's contents tomorrow.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting!

Once you try a DVR, you'll never watch live TV again! Oh, and you won't miss stuff as easily either.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is this the same thing or is just the tite the same. video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
Thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting!

Once you try a DVR, you'll never watch live TV again! Oh, and you won't miss stuff as easily either.

I never really considered one of those things... but now I'm missing lots of stuff on the History Channel, Discovery, etc.

I'll look into it and wait for the usual reaction I get from my wife when I go all out for another 'tech toy'

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
May I suggest making a Media Center PC, www.thegreenbutton.com

Fun stuff!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No, they're releasing a 5 year anniversary edition.

And it has the updates with Fife Symington. Should be cool

This won't be the actual movie in full, though I don't think.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by uv777bk]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Does anyone else think this is a little eye opener before the government does really stage some kind of fake invasion...maybe on 7/7/07

something doesnt seem right...this is just to wierd.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
Does anyone else think this is a little eye opener before the government does really stage some kind of fake invasion...maybe on 7/7/07

something doesnt seem right...this is just to wierd.

I'm am a little concerned that something just newsworthy enought to trump Gore's Live Earth concerts might happen.

And it certainly does seem like we are slowly having our minds opened to the possibilities, not just of your standard EBEs, but of stranger forms of life, too.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh I just know I'm gonna get slammed for saying this but come on, the timing of this "special" is unreal.Right after the start of the Live Earth concert In Australia, and the 7.7.07 date.There is your disclosure.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Oh I just know I'm gonna get slammed for saying this but come on, the timing of this "special" is unreal.Right after the start of the Live Earth concert In Australia, and the 7.7.07 date.There is your disclosure.

Im not going to go that far, but ill wait just just a few more hours before i make judgemetnts.

Somebody try to get this recorded and on the net if it has any new info.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

So what are you trying to say?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If Michael Shermer is on the program get ready to be frustrated by his "this is how science" works comments.

Here's his thought process: Anything anybody says or saw is thrown out, anything anybody video taped could be anything, any photograph can be manipulated. Unfortunately, if we applied his way of deciphering information then our day to day lives would come to a halt. What I just wrote "didn't exist" if I said it, but luckily I wrote it. BUT what I wrote could of been manipulated by anyone and not really written by me. My IP address may have beeen faked, or my computer hijacked by someone else. So everything I just wrote is "not proof".

I'm not sure why he is on programs like this because he is looking at the UFO question with the only answer being actually possessing the craft or alien being. Obviously if we had these then we wouldn't need to have these UFO shows...he's not contributing much to these programs.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This appears to be the 5 year anniversary edition. I would have to say that they are taking this subject seriously for a change, like they say weeding out the wacko's (giggle).

Out of the Blue

[edit on 6/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
so, this was indeed a anniversary edition and not something new?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What the hell? ABC bringing up aliens? But you have to take into consideration Roswell. Yeah, really weird timing. But hey who knows?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well that was the same old type of UFO story Nightline (and every other network) has run for 20 years. Believer says "UFOs real", skeptic says "no proof", reporter says "you know this is hard to believe". Piece ends with either something corny or some cosmological fade out: "the universe is big, man's place is a mystery". Good night.

Absolutely nothing relatively new except the ex-gov of Arizona's statement on seeing a ship. Nothing on O'Hare, Guernsey, or the new Roswell witnesses. 15 minutes of hard core reporting full of sound bites that revealed...nothing. There must be a "How to do a story on UFOs and not report anything" in college they make future network journalists take. Thank God for the History Channel.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Well that was the same old type of UFO story Nightline (and every other network) has run for 20 years. Believer says "UFOs real", skeptic says "no proof", reporter says "you know this is hard to believe". Piece ends with either something corny or some cosmological fade out: "the universe is big, man's place is a mystery"

Absolutely nothing relatively new except the ex-gov of Arizona's statement on seeing a ship.

So noting has changed then.

Same same same, every year or so, one of the networks drags out some ufo junkies and dismiss everything they say and laugh it off, everyone gets a little laugh, and that makes everyone happy

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just wondering but is being a UFO skeptic, like Shermer , for example, a lucrative career?
I wonder how much he rakes in every year doing this kind of work.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Not too bad...almost put me to sleep till the x-gov. got on...wow...what is your take on this!
Maybe thats whats its going to take, but a strong political figure willing to fight for truth when it means something to the press when the story is white hot?
Any chance he's not telling the entire story now, that something got to him back then, and told him to back way off...do what you want when your gone, like so many others? Now just another old fruitcake getting too much sun playing golf...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join