It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A topic most may not understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Officers and senior enlisted. Sometimes I just want to take my rank off and beat the living hell out of them. They look down on me because I haven't the rank they do and they act like complete [insert inappropriate word here].

Here's an example. I'm on an exercise in Australia, most of the Australians may have heard of it, Talisman Saber. I'm a data Marine, I work with the computers all that good stuff and I unfortunately got stuck on help desk.

Well, here comes Maj. [insert inappropriate word here] with his dumb little problem.

Maj: I can't print. Fix it.
Me: Good to go, sir. Let me take a look at it. ... Ok, sir. Here's the problem. You can't print while you are BuRased.
Maj: But I need to be BuRased so I can access my outlook.
Me: Sir, you can still get the email to print if you simply un-BuRas then you can BuRas back in, it'll just take a little time.
Maj: I've got important stuff to do Marine, I don't have time to be messing with this stupid crap.
Me: Sir, there is nothing I can do.
Maj: That's [insert inappropriate word here], you guys are supposed to be the smartest, you guys are supposed to be able to make everything computer related work the way it's supposed to.
Me: Sir, there are just some things we can't control.
Maj: Whatever, go away.
Me: Aye, sir.

At this point, I want to smack him, but he's an O, and I respect his rank....not him. Get this, about two hours later, he comes up to me and says he can't print....:bnghd:

That's just a small dose of the crap I put up with...but hey, as they say, USMC=U signed the mother[insert inappropriate word here]ing contract.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know the frustrations you put up with. As an air force wife, I know the hardships senior ranks can put on you! They feel like just because of their rank they can be aweful to you and get away with it. Unfortunetly, thats the way the military works, and a lot of men exercise their egos with it. Usually to make up for the fact that they are [insert
here] in every other aspect of their life. I know your pain.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes, I can relate; it was that way when I was in the Navy and it's that way now where I work.

Good grief they cause the problems and we end up fixing them without of course any acknowlegement from the ungrateful little

I feel your pain and frustration.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would account more tales of anger....but I'll leave it alone.

I know you can relate with it. It's common even outside of the military. I just hate the fact that I have to deal with it almost 24/7. I can't even escape it in the BEQ's. I got some Sgt walking around with a high and mighty attitude and just lets loose on some non-rate.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yes, and then the self centered SOB gets out, because he can't make any more rank. Worst case scenario, he becomes a cop.

Now I come from a family of cops and married into another family of cops, so I'm not a cop hater. Except this new breed.

Because so many are ex-military, they carry that "attitude" into civilian life. And when they have a gun on their hip and the mentality that all civilians are the rank of an E-1, it leads to bad things.

And the PTB have made sure to recruit ex-military for police forces all over America. Now you have some a-hole that thinks he's God, belonging to a group that physically runs the country, and yet many are too stupid to pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

Ain't life grand?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It all correlates with the belief that if you have a higher education, you are more important. Heck, you can get so educated, you can become God. Or so they think.

Data Man, be careful how much you complain. They are watching you, you better believe it. I commend you for your courage. The complaint is warranted, and worth exposing.

Former E-4 USN

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, having been in the U.S military, I can say that I can relate. There are several ranking officers that do need the living dog # kicked out of them.

With some of them, it's just an act. However, I think that a good deal of them get such an inflated ego that they actually do look down upon lower ranking individuals.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Never would have figured so many ex-military personnel would be on here.

As far as them watching me...well...they can watch me take my chevrons off and use them to pimp slap that shiny crap right off their collars. It's getting to a point that I'm seriously about to snap. The only thing saving me is that I hold true to the values I was taught not only in life as a child, but in my training as well.

I've noticed most of the cops that are pigs* are prior service. I don't blame them for going into the police force, I'd do the same. It's something about the uniform and just the order and all that fun stuff. But that doesn't excuse them from having that horrible mindset that makes them seem like a giant anus orifice.

*: I didn't mean this as an offensive term towards those who are a part of the police force. This is a term I use in the belief that it is given to cops that are just plain mean for no reason at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I feel you OP

I had NCOs who were just so full of their ego, but couldn't even tie their own shoe laces.
They make you do their job because they can't, but still have the nerve to look down at you like you are a bxxxx

When I found a better way of doing a certain job, and explained it to them. They wouldn't understand it. Looking at me like I was talking a different language.
Futhermore thinking I would be violating rules by the change, which was not the case.
Oh.. oh.. this brings bad memories from the past.. I better stop. lol

Of course there are good leaders. I have nothing but respect for them.
But it was my bad luck to end up with the most vicious quartet of NCOs
Which is like hitting a wall with your head.:bnghd:

What can I say..
Too many people can't handle their ranks.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not just in the military, my friend. I was middle management with a seafood manufacturer of all things. I dealt with more than my fair share of buffoons who think because they make a lot more money than I did that their bodily waste didn't stink, and that they could tell me what was happening in my warehouse in Alaska, from downtown Seattle. So I feel you. Hang tight, bud, you'll get the last laugh...karma never misses.

top topics

join