It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dispatches From Iraq: We Are Telling the Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Dispatches From Iraq: We Are Telling the Truth

www.foxnews.com

The big news on the streets today is that the people of Baqubah are generally ecstatic, although many hold in reserve a serious concern that we will abandon them again. For many Iraqis, we have morphed from being invaders to occupiers to members of a tribe. I call it the “al Ameriki tribe,” or “tribe America.”

I’ve seen this kind of progression in Mosul, out in Anbar and other places, and when I ask our military leaders if they have sensed any shift, many have said, yes, they too sense that Iraqis view us differently. In the context of sectarian and tribal strife, we are the tribe that people can—more or less and with giant caveats—rely on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is our government trying to sway us again with the media? Now, making it out like they want us there? Everyone I have talked to that has served over there has said that the Iraqis will literally spit in your face for even being there.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'd really love to believe that, but I'm with you on the "the media is once more distorting the facts in an effort to manipulate the America public " train of thought. Until I see many different sources reporting this to be true, I'll consider this to be false, or a half-truth at best.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Problem is that other "news" sources will not cover it ... does not fit into the agenda.... There is no such thing a pure journalism anymore. It is a shame... I do have one question though.. why is it considered news if negitive and propaganda if positive.

I have personally traveled extensively and met people on their own terms( home enviorment).. as individuals people are generaly people. When in large scale packs we are almost mindless and will follow the heard.. and yes we will tend to do so left or right.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JENJESLIS

Is our government trying to sway us again with the media? Now, making it out like they want us there? Everyone I have talked to that has served over there has said that the Iraqis will literally spit in your face for even being there.

www.foxnews.com

That's funny. I have two relatives who have served over there and they told me exactly the opposite.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by JENJESLIS

www.foxnews.com

That's funny. I have two relatives who have served over there and they told me exactly the opposite.

I wonder, if they were in two different areas. I would think that there are some areas of Iraq that are more hostile to us than others. I guess I should have asked where they were stationed.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure in what part they served but I'll try to remember to ask at the next family get together. The main point of our Iraq conversation, with both of them, was that the media over here is only telling the bad news. They both related that the situation over there is much better than what we're lead to believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Great news , because if the Iraqi people love us that much then we ll be able to get the troops out of there, once the insurgents have lost the support of their own people then the campaign of war against the US-UK troops will grind to a halt ...........

[edit on 6-7-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My brother just left again today to return to Iraq. I asked him if the Iraqis even wanted us over there. He said yes; some do and some don't. The ones who don't want us there are the ones as he put just want to be able to kill each other without American interference.

The first time he was over there was during the first elections. He shared with me that it was worth all the sacrifice to watch the people go and vote. He told me that he would never again take for granted voting. Those people literally risked it all just to vote. So based on that I must believe we've accomplished some good over there. I pray that our troops all return soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Fox News... come on! Maybe it is just me, but I do not trust anything that comes from Fox news.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
All news is biased, FOX is no more or less biased than any other source...

Watched BBC lately? CNN? Or any of the others? Though I suppose if it fits your agenda, whatever that may be, it's ok? Propoganda if you disagree, real news if you agree.

As Galloping Hordes said earlier, our younger brother just left for Iraq today, yesterday now, it's his second go 'round. He's told me the same thing, some just want the outsiders gone so they can kill each other with relative impunity, most of the rest wonder what'll happen when that day finally comes, with the state of affairs now as they stand. So do I.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
All news is biased, FOX is no more or less biased than any other source...

What? Give over...

All news is biased to different extents, yes, but it varies wildly.

The BBC is probably the least biased, but does lean to the left slightly, but FOX and it's sister channel Sky in the UK are seriously skewed. No effort goes into their reporting, they spin EVERYTHING, sensationalise where they can and mock where they can't. The low level of journalistic integrity is appalling.

As an example of the woefully shoddy and tabloid style of FOX, check out this story they were running the other day.

FOX says Universal Health Care Causes Terrorism

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To a certain extent they do over sensationalize. I'd agree with that. However, they are hardly the only ones.

BBC leans slightly to the left. Slightly? OK. I've no idea of your political leanings, Stu, but I'm thinking they shade to the left more than a little? Especially with that statement...Slightly?

BBC goes left "slightly". FOX goes right more than slightly. I've not seen any news outfit even remotely unbiased. FOX, sky-news, CNN, MSNBC, whomever...not a single one of them is agenda less. It's up to us, as listeners and watchers, to discern the wheat from the chaff.

top topics

join