It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy floods in Denmark and Roskilde Festival ruined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Denmark, although a quite unnoticable country, just got hit by the extreme weather striking it's course through nothern Europe and Scandinavia.

Currently the fire department in Roskilde are pumping away 6000 litres of water every minute at the Roskilde Festival which should be at its peak at the moment.
How ever the extreme weather has now gotten so tough on the festival that people are packing up their stuff and leaving before the culmination has even taken place.

The worst though is the large area around our capital which is in words flooded. Peoples house are under water as high as the 1st floor windows.

In international standarts I know this is not much, however this is in Denmark a small disaster. Police are advising people not to drive out in cars or to return to their houses.

Generally Denmark is situated pretty close to sea level, so the smallest amount of excess water can flood large areas. This is fortunately not something that takes place too often.

I'm sorry that I can't find in links to this in english. There must be some under way.

My heart goes out to the unfortunate people near our capital and to the unfortunates of our dear neighbours in Sweden who seem to be under even worse cercumstances.

[edit on 6/7/07 by flice]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
At least we're not the only ones having our summer ruined by the constant rain coming in from the Atlantic....

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We had our summer here in Germany from March till the start of June.

Now all weve got is rain.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They are warning people at the Roskilde festival, and they ask everyone to look after each other. People are very drunk, and with all this water they say people can easily drown. They say this year they got twice as much rain as they've ever experienced at this festival (they started in 1971).

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's a video where you can see some of the water.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wow now thats a lot of water

Just hope nothing bad happens cause it looks like you could really drown there.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Some Swedes tried to save their camp...

Roskilde Festival 2007 - Hell in mud

Maybe I'll go there next year... This year was doomed to be a disaster after all, astrologically. According to the stars, everything would go wrong this year. I admire the staff. Keep in mind all the electrical stuff they've got there. They're good. Fighting mother nature while taking care of 75,000 drunks, and play lots of concerts in the mud and the rain. An amateur could easily have caused a short circuit somewhere and fried everybody...

[edit on 2007/7/10 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Dont forget your rubbber boots

I guess the only way to live through that is to drink lots of Tuburg and Elephant Beer

join