It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gall Bladder Surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Has anyone gone through this? How long ago? Were there any complications? I guess to shorten it, can you tell me your story as I am going to be having this in a week.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've known a couple of people who have had this. In their case it was laproscopic. I don't know enough to know whether or not it's always done that way, but in their case, it was a fairly non-eventful situation.

In and out. Not much pain and after 7 years in one case and 10 in the other, no problems.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy...

Here's a good link:

www.umm.edu...

The one thing I would caution you on, is if the procedure is being done at a small medical facility, please be aware of their surgery policy. Many facilities will revert to a conventional procedure if their "Lap Chole" setup is unavailable, or not functioning. This happens more than I care to think about at rural hospitals. If you're at a large facility it's no problem, as they will have several sets.

[edit on 6/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Surgery is always scary, but I'm sure you'll be fine and tearing up the boards again in no time. Best of luck!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks MM! I see you adore FSM, ask the spagehtti monster to keep an eye on me.

Thank you Mirthful for the link. The place I am having it at is pretty big here in California. Did pre-op today and they said that there's about a 5% chance of having it open, but they tell everyone that. THey won't know until they go in. I've not had any previous surgeries, so thats a plus. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that Lapi is a success, I wake up from anesthesia and I go home 3 hours later.

Thank you Yeahright for the good luck, I sure need it!!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Three hours out-patient? That's really great! I had a similar procedure on a fistula (don't ask, eek) and it was a relief to be finished with the pain.

You'll be fine, FSM said so.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I had mine removed 15 years ago by laparoscopic surgery. Even got mine on film. They go in through the naval and three other small spots and I have to really really look to see the tiny scars.

It's a very easy surgery and relief is instant but there can be side effects, the most common being diarreah. This usually works it'self out but there are about 10% of people who end up with what is called Bile Salt Syndrome. Even this gets less over time. Time is the key to healing. They are actually lasering your gallbladder off of your liver and then cauderizing to stop the bleeding.

Avoid greasy foods for quite awhile because many things like McDonalds etc. will go straight through you.

Hope you feel better soon!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thank you! I had no idea there was a laser involed. I am hoping I can get the stones after. I wanna see the little PITA's that have been hurting me.. lol

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wait! You can avoid surgery and remove stones naturally. There are multiple methods but most cool is Huldas recipe with Epsom salt, lemons and olive oil. Epsom makes sure stones pass out faster. Also, you can omit kidney and other cleanses they talk about, unless you are in weak condition. Just liver cleanse alone is enough for most of the people.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
SB I was interested in your suggestion for about 2 minutes. Then I came across that the herbal remedy is also to cure HIV and AIDS. Sorry, but I just don't believe the herbal rememdy you told me about does anything. Thank you though for posting.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Herbal? Sorry but i don't know what are you talking about. To remove stones you need basic Hulda's recipe which is done by using Epsom salts, olive oil and lemons/grapefruit. It works because it forces stones out, many people removed them that way. You can check forums on that site and you can also skip kidney and other cleanses they recommend.

It's your decision, i mean, this method worked for thousands of people, but nobody is forcing you to do it. No doctors or operation is needed and completely natural and effective. After stones are out you are healthier and can eat all foods in 24 hrs. What more can you ask for?

I saw they recommend this cleanse for other illnesses but originally it was just for stones. I guess they recommend it because optimal liver function is very important for good health and immune system.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My mistake on the herbal part.

However it does say this ""The Cure For HIV and AIDS" By Hulda Clark " on the page. There is no cure for HIV and AIDS, so to me this is just crud.

As much as Im not looking forward to the surgery, it seems to me that it would be a more effective way to go.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Forget about AIDS for now, this method forces gallbladder to empty all the bile because of oil+lemons and Epsom relaxes passage, so stones pass without any effort. That's basic principle. You need to fast on that day so bile accumulates and follow instructions when to take Epsom. IF you want to do it easy way, if you want surgery, well that's your decision, i cannot force you to read that page or follow any method, no matter how successful and easy it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
sb2012, my mum did cure her own gallbladder. She used her own ingredients took less than I week and she was fine. She was also in pretty bad situation and wanted to aviod surgery. She is herbologist and I do believe there is a cure for Aids. But that is off topic. Good luck with whatever you choose vckums.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nice to hear. Well i see it as pure physical problem. You have stones causing pain and solution is to remove them. Medicine today can only remove some of them or just remove gallbladder, which is not a good solution. Method with olive/lemons and Epsom salts ( Magnesium Sulfate ) is so effective because it literally pushes them out.

In one cleansing you may get a lot of them out, usually enough to stop pain, but i recommend you repeat same cleansing in 2 weeks, multiple times. A lot of people report they get more stones out later too, even when they are not causing any pain, cholesterol ones too.

Fact is, a lot of adults and even children have stones inside without noticing them because bile flows around them, not causing any real pain. This condition may manifest as skin problems and generally as a weak immune system, allergies and so on. Reason is, obstructed liver function means less toxins and other crap removed, so general health degenerates and people may develop even more complicated illness because of that. It's all connected and liver function is very important one.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Has anyone else had the surgery? One of hubby's co-workers said his Dad had the surgery and was up and back to normal the next day. This totally excites me! I'm not scared of the surgery procedure, it's the going under part I don't like. So I've gotten a few people to tell how it was for them. Puts me a bit more at ease.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
ok well Im home and made it out of surgery alive. Im in megapain and the vicodin they gave me just isn't kicking butt enough. Drugs.....I need drugs!!!!

new topics

top topics

join