It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foxnews expose on madonna and live earth concerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

'Green' Means Money, Not Environmentalism to Madonna

'Green' Means Money, Not Environmentalism to Madonna
Madonna had better clean up her business before she starts cleaning up the world.

The Material Mom is the headliner at tomorrow night's Live Earth show from London's Wembley Stadium. But guess what? For her, the word green means money, not the environment.

Madonna, who seems to be on top of all her many business endeavors, has actually invested about $2.7 million dollars in companies that are creating the destruction that Live Earth is trying to raise awareness about. She has invested in several companies named as the biggest corporate polluters in the world.

Any thoughts on this issue, with many stars not even bothering to perform, because of there public image, and there inner beliefs.

But madonna seems to not care to muc, much like al gore.

Is this just a money making scam, or do you think they are doing this for real.

[edit on 7/6/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No big suprise there, most of them do it for the money, and why wouldn't they?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
No big suprise there, most of them do it for the money, and why wouldn't they?

I was just saying, that some have pulled out. But foxes main point is that she has shares in companies that cause damage, isn't it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
While she may be investing in companies that pollute, FOX news does the same thing...Only they pollute our mind and soul with lies.

Well, not just FOX, every media station.

A majority I see on the corporate owned media is fear mongering involving the next terror scare, pregnant women being murdered by their cop boyfriends, the huge car crash on interstate X, and so on.

Turn off the news and read a book

Live Earth, while it may not be perfect, is a great way to raise awareness in this arena.

Many are not aware of what is going on in third world nations as a result of multi-national corporations and the ination of our government. Madonna may not be the perfect spokeswoman for such an event, but the event itself should speak pages of the kind of character most of the people involved have.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, thank God I have never bought one of her CDS

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't think it logically follows that because one of the LE performers is dishonest, then the whole concert must be a scam.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Like Maddona's the only one of them that could be slightly guilty of making a buck or 2 outta this.

And as for the environment I bet everyone of the performers uses 20 times the amount of electricity that they need to every month.

Carbon footprints? Hello Bigfoot!

Let's try to concentrate on the real message that Live Earth is suppost to be promoting.

MonKey.

Save the whales, Feed the hungry, Give power to the NWO.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ChiKeyMonkey, can you substantiate your accusations?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I don't think it logically follows that because one of the LE performers is dishonest, then the whole concert must be a scam.

The whole concert is a scam. ALGORE is a megalomaniac. 1st he invented the internet, now he wants to save the earth from mythical "global warming".

Megalomanic - a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur.

If ALGORE wants to raise awareness about something, why doesn't he try to help out his son and other drug abusers. That would be much more commendable.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
you missed the whole point of the live earth, It's turn off your electricity so that Al Gore and Madonna have more for themselves. We should all eat crap and suffer while the rich eat like kings and do nothing to help.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
CNN had a funny bit of news on Friday.

The story was essentially this.

The amount of electricity, ect to power the TV's and radios people will be watching..

The amount of gas used by the MILLIONS of cars congested to get into the concerts...

The biggest one of all..

The amount of PLASTIC for WATER BOTTLES used at the concerts....

Would have the SINGLE LARGEST environmental damage over 6 continents then any other organized human event in history.

Aside from that, the amount of money to put on this production.. the amount in advertising ect would have been the single largest monetary donation to any cause in history. Instead.. its all corporate and entertainers getting paid.

Its a joke.

Its a scam.

Its pathetic that people buy into it.

Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Now I realise that theres a lot of hypocrisy about the whole subject of climate change, and a lot of folks don't even believe its happening and some of those who apparently do may not be walking their talk - personally I do believe it - but thats not my point here.

I even take on board Rockpucks points above, which all need to be considered.

But....what I want to know is answers to the following;

Whats so scary about using a renewable energy source, or saving some energy by switching things off?
Whats frightening about using recycling instead of having to dig up more of the planet for landfills/resource mining?
Whats terrifying about driving cars that pump out less crap and make the air just a little bit cleaner to breathe?
Whats so petrifying about looking after wildlife and trying to conserve species habitats?

I can understand the hysteria about damage that some people think is being caused.

What I can't understand is the hysteria from those people who think its not happening, because I can't see anything wrong with the ideas I've listed above at all. And if everyone did that simple stuff, the planet would be a better place anyway

Someone enlighten me?

[edit on 7/0707/07 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Talk about missing the point.

Madonna donated here talent to the event. This is the same as buying carbon credits to offset her larger foot print. For all the knocking that the clowns on the media do, Madonna sure steps up to the plate to help. She has her demons I'm sure just like others (including the politicians you voted for and some of the people you look up to for spiritual guidance. It's more about what's in your heart and mind that counts. The concert was one incredible event including Madonna's performance, she is exceptional at what she does.

As for the energy used. Most of these groups would have performed at events spread out all over. The US government spends more in three hour dealing with Iraq than all these concerts did in 24 hours. God bless the troops that serve.

If 20 percent on the people watching the even change 2 light-bulbs in their homes to CFLs then I think in a month the world will have saved back all that energy.

It's run away free market capitalism that sells us cheap water in expensive bottles. These water bottles would have ended up being consumed and most sent to a landfill. Those at the event will get separated and recycled.
BTW. I refill my bottled dozens of times before purchasing another.

[edit on 7/8/2007 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
Talk about missing the point.

Madonna donated here talent to the event.

Could Madonna be a Megalomaniac also?

www.washingtonpost.com...

"If you want to save the planet, I want you to start jumping up and down!" Thus Madonna revealed her plan to combat global warming

It's an inconvenient truth, but mixing rock with recycling is awkward. In a TV interview earlier this week, Matt Bellamy of the band Muse mocked the event as "private jets for climate change."

John Buckley of Carbon Footprint, an organization that helps companies reduce their carbon dioxide emissions, said Saturday that Live Earth will produce about 74,500 tons of the gas.

"We would have to plant 100,000 trees to offset the effect of Live Earth,"

"I'm not even sure who Gore is," said Georgie Simpson, 35,

Talk about missing the point. Some of the worlds biggest culprits in leaving carbon footprints, hold an event that would need 100,000 trees planted to offset, and they a lecturing us about saving the planet. SHUT UP HYPOCRITES!

[edit on 8-7-2007 by RRconservative]

[edit on 8-7-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Laugh all you want, but stay out of my garden/pantry when the food runs out. Only the quote from John Buckley was of any relevance as the rest could have come from some idiot like Ann Coulter.

Even George Bush with 3 brain cells could see that selling carbon credits makes sense. In this case 75,000 pounds of emissions for great worldly entertainment that reached billions instead of the normal million or so combined for all the concerts combined was a small about to pay for the millions of pounds or cubic meters of carbon that won't be emitted for the people making a change.

If someone farted in the room you are in, it would make a difference because you might smell or hear it. Carbon output is more of a threat but only a few can smell the impending doom.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Buying Carbon Credits is a joke. ALGORE actually buys carbon credits from himself!
He is a primary investor in a company that offers this scam!

So it is OK for a rich polluter to buy carbon credits so he can feel good about himself, and at the same time you expect a less richer person to give up his weekend BBQ, because he can't pay for it with carbon credits? It's a total joke.

What is with "We are reaching BILLIONS with our message?" I think they using the same math as the organizers of the "Million Man March?"

For those who don't get it....The Million Man March, was a Louis Farakhan idea, that actually drew a few thousand participants, but it was called the "Million Man March" nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Megalomanic - a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur.

Oh my. I think you've just described all of these "save the planet!" kids.

Better start saving the planet from something that doesn't exist. It's the only way we'll survive! S O S!

new topics

top topics

join