It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What life support system do EBE use to breathe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I was just thinking of something. All of our journeys to frontiers that humans are not meant for such as the ocean or outer space, we require breathing aparatus and life support systems. Well, how would these EBE breathe on their craft? I have never heard of anyone talking about reverse engineering an alien craft and finding life support systems inside. So I am assuming then that somehow this gravity modification / vacuum / zero point energy might somehow eliminate the need for your body to require air? Or perhaps do they have some device that creates or extracts elements like oxygen, nitrogen and carbon from empty space, as they do with zero point energy? It's food for thought.

[edit on 7/6/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well, have you perhaps thought that our astronauts don't constantly have their helmets on in space. There is life support systems on board the "crafts". Why should it be any different on an EBE's craft?

Perhaps they can breath in our atmosphere and so we don't think about it because, and i say this VERY loosely, when they have been "spotted" they didn't have any helmets on.

But again, if they wanted to get out their "craft" in space they may need something. Also, if they do travel vast distances, i would say, based on popular belief, they may travel at such high speeds they don't need life support systems to last eons, only a couple of hours and it is perhaps renewable like a kind of rebreather that recycles exhalation.

hmmmmmm... food for thought eaten.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Outstanding question, pjslug

Of course I don't have the answer but can add Gen George Marshall after his retirement from CIA in appx /54 or so (without looking it up), said their here their real but cannot breath our oxygen enriched atmosphere. That it frys them from the inside out.

Subsequent to the Roswell (Mac Brazel) ranch the remainder of the craft crashed north east of Sirocco, NM. One of the port holes in the side of 'wedge' shaped craft was cracked and it was felt earths atmosphere entered the cabin and caused their death before going into the side of the sand/rock bluff.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Absolutely no way of knowing this unless you knew what kind of biology the aliens have..they could breath hydrochloric acid gas for all we know..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Can understand that thought, wildone106. But I referred to a Commander General in WWII and became I believe the first CiA Director. He posted his thoughts in the LA Times or NY Times somewhere around 1956 not long before General Marshall Died.

I apologize for seeming roundabout in anyway, however He's the first and last (as far as I know) Official to make public statements about EBE death sensitivity to our compounded atmosphere.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Who says the Ebens need to breathe in the in the first place? Our model for life on earth isn't necessarily an appropriate model for life in their world.

There's also the highly likely possibility that what we perceive as alien life forms are in fact completely artificial creations that were engineered by natural life forms, much as we'll be doing in the coming decades, in which case they wouldn't have to breathe, eat, drink, or do anything aside from keep their power source in shape.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What we speculate is that because the Archquloid had to live its primary
existence in "The Clean Sphere" and could only spend a minimal amount of
time in our atmosphere, that an OVERexposure to our atmosphere somehow
affected its sanity and intellect. Furthermore, it caused the creature
to become delusional, disoriented and lose its mental faculties for
sound reasoning, analysis and judgment.

From Serpo

Meh. Good thing I carry lots of salt.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alevar
Who says the Ebens need to breathe in the in the first place? Our model for life on earth isn't necessarily an appropriate model for life in their world.

Beat me to it

I definitely agree with other posters, that alien life could be very different from what we would expect. Anyone ever considered a plant evolving an intelligence over time?

Originally posted by alevar
There's also the highly likely possibility that what we perceive as alien life forms are in fact completely artificial creations that were engineered by natural life forms

Exactly. I'd say that the vast majority of craft/ufo sightings that we hear about are probably unmanned probes. It just makes sense.

For all we know it may be easy to send unmanned ships at great speeds, but almost impossible to send manned vessels at the same speeds due to the stresses on the body.

So much we don't know... !

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I definitely agree with other posters, that alien life could be very different from what we would expect. Anyone ever considered a plant evolving an intelligence over time?

Yes, and if they were chlorophyll based entities, they would need CO2. I never said specifically an Oxygen support system, but any type of gas, liquid, or whatever life support system.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I suppose if they did have some kind of support system it would be more efficient than our own method of carrying around a large quantity of air.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a concentrated dose of whatever chemical/gas they need. Like an injection that lasts several hours or so.

Another method could be a device which actually converts our atmosphere into their own, as and when they breathe.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I wonder if im the only person on ats that doesnt know what a ebe is?
That would be imbarrasing.

What is an EBE??? extra....being....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Sorry Earth2, it stands for extraterrestrial biological entity.

new topics

top topics

join