It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny little power generator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

News.BBC.co.uk

Created by scientists at the University of Southampton, the generator has been developed to power devices where replacing batteries is very difficult.
The generator's creators say the generator is up to 10 times more efficient than similar devices.
The tiny device, which is less than one cubic centimetre in size, uses vibrations in the world around it to make magnets on a cantilever at the heart of the device wobble to generate power.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sure, they go on about how good and wonderful this would be for industrial monitoring purposes and pacemakers, but what about surveillance?!

A power supply that is tiny and can run infinitely. You could stick it on cars, clothes, even walls in the the upper stories of buildings. Perfect?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i wonder if these could be used on an industrial scale to power things like heavy machinery and cars... but depends on how much power they produce. the input of vibrations doesn't sound much but i am no expert.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
i wonder if these could be used on an industrial scale to power things like heavy machinery and cars... but depends on how much power they produce. the input of vibrations doesn't sound much but i am no expert.

It's a very clever device... think of it as being something like the "self-winding watches" of about 20 years ago. The heart could power it enough for a pacemaker, but it's not going to make that much of an output. So no, you couldn't run any larger machines on it.

new topics

join