It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Bases in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been covered here before, but I came across this excellent website about Secret government/military bases in the UK. The website has a lot of detailed pictures like the one below of the Burlington Bunker at RAF Rudloe Manor. Also discusses 'secret' junctions turning off from motorways and their possible uses. Very interesting it even tells you where MI5 get their cars serviced haha

www.secret-bases.co.uk

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The main one in england is supposed to be in ashford kent. it is a massive underground base. heres the weird part.

It is shaped exactly like the pentagon in america, though its underground. it for defence intelligence in england.

i never hear anyone talk about it, probably because england is far more secretive than america.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The main one in england is supposed to be in ashford kent. it is a massive underground base.

you got any links about this, where did you get this information from need more detail??

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i got the info from someone that was taken there. i found a small reference on it on the web.

www.public-interest.co.uk...

it has a reference there, but thats all i found on the web.

it is something i got second hand, from someone thats been there.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
who is this person what did they say exactly give a detailed account rather than bouncing two lines back and forth

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
who is this person what did they say exactly give a detailed account rather than bouncing two lines back and forth

he gave a detailed explanation of it, and said it was built exactly like the pentagon in usa but underground. what i found interesting is that theres no mention of it, except for the defence intelligence thing on the web. the details he gave me were quite interesting.

i have spoken here before, and people said they tried to find the entrances or what ever. the geezer would not say anymore, because he probably is afraid.

i was just wondering if any one knew anyone in the army or something that this is real or what. for me i believe it is real, because he gave some details. but of course i will never know, because uk is more secret than most countries.

[edit on 7/6/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The place your looking for is called Ashford Templar. There are several units based there:

1 Signal Regt
11 EOD Regt RLC
11 Security Coy
12 Int & Security Sec
13/18 Royal Hussars
Depot Intelligence Corps
Intelligence Corps
JSIW
Royal Fusiliers

[edit on 6/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

he gave a detailed explanation of it,

care to share that detailed explaination? when was it built etc.. when were you told this information and the person that told you how does he know, what happens there etc... please expand as much as you can

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg

he gave a detailed explanation of it,

care to share that detailed explaination? when was it built etc.. when were you told this information and the person that told you how does he know, what happens there etc... please expand as much as you can

He said he was taken there to do medical stuff, thats all i can say. he seemed pretty scared to say any more.

he described to me what i assume an underground base would be like. i don't want to give away any info that could lead to him getting in trouble.

Lets say that for a minute this is true. Why would they have built it in the same shape as the pentagon in the usa, and quite inccidently it housing defence intelligence.

for me i believe him about this base, but i was just trying to see if anyone else knew anything. when i wrote about it a few years ago, some here said they would try to find air ducts or entrances, they never posted again.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Never heard of the place before. Is it situated within an airfield or what?

Interesting though.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ok, not sure if anyone saw my post or whether your ignoring me, but the base your after I listed above.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nope, wasnt ignoring your post. I looked up Ashford Templar on google and found nothing on it. So I just wondered where it was situated.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by capt23
Nope, wasnt ignoring your post. I looked up Ashford Templar on google and found nothing on it. So I just wondered where it was situated.

Obviously, it being a secret base, there won't be much info on it. But I do know that the Defence Intelligence and Security School has a presence there.

Here be some info that I did get of the web...

Here's a website that lists the units there. It's also for former colleagues to get together.

Here's a list of every base in the UK

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The place your looking for is called Ashford Templar. There are several units based there:

Hi stumason, can you give any details of what this place looks like from the surface and have you been there also, any idea of google earth coordinates? also when you first heard of it and any other info you have
cheers
KG

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by capt23

Obviously, it being a secret base, there won't be much info on it. But I do know that the Defence Intelligence and Security School has a presence there.

Here be some info that I did get of the web...

Here's a website that lists the units there. It's also for former colleagues to get together.

Here's a list of every base in the UK

yep i do believe he is telling me the truth. but unfortunately there will be no proof. just thought you guys would like to hear what i heard. yep i have discussed before, and possibly your right there is that base above, what i was told is about what is underground.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
i bet thats where they are keeping hitler

no pun intended, just so that you know. however i am more concerned about who is calling my name right now. cant bugger off like last time.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by DominionOfGozer]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

1 Signal Regt
11 EOD Regt RLC
11 Security Coy
12 Int & Security Sec
13/18 Royal Hussars
Depot Intelligence Corps
Intelligence Corps
JSIW
Royal Fusiliers

[edit on 6/7/07 by stumason]

is it so hillbillies can get more action?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i'm gonna ask around at work tomorrow, i work in ashford for a company called kent metal developments, theres around 30 blokes who work there, most from ashford so if theres anything there i'm sure someone would of noticed something

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I visited Templar barracks about five years ago as it was being cleared for sale for the new channel tunnel rail link, as said before it was used for the training of intelligence officers. It did contain a lock picking school , a shooting room for the sas etc.. there was also an interrogation suite It was also used for special services to check out new types of fencing and how to blow open doors etc... there was also a barn used for the training of personnel to get out of a car hijack situation. I was told there was an underground facility which was actually out side of the main perimeter fence but the entrance was in one of the officers base houses within the fence although I was told I couldnt see it as there was still sensitive gear there. ( this was denied on this board some time ago by a guy who said he was based there as a fire safety officer if I remember correctly ) I cant argue with him I never saw it but I was being shown around by an intelligence officer so who knows .
As far a s I know the barracks have gone , due to the new rail termonal.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

i got the info from someone that was taken there. i found a small reference on it on the web.

www.public-interest.co.uk...

it has a reference there, but thats all i found on the web.

it is something i got second hand, from someone thats been there.

Ok I don't really understand what this link has to do with a secret underground base.
There are 2 bases that are on that list I know for certain that have been sold into the public sector and they are Templer/Rowecroft at Ahford and Ash Radar Station near Sandwich.
How do I know this ?
Because I have been in both, Templer when it was operational, and Ash after it was sold off.
I was not aware of any Underground part at Templer, however Ash is completely underground and is known as the Bunker, it now serves as a secure server location for a privately owned company

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join