It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar how are they linked to other secret orgs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
After reading a few books on the knights templar I decided to come on here and check out what the wealth of knowledge on ATS can tell me be gentle I am a newbie

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is hardly any western esoteric/masonic/occult lodge that does not claim the Templars as their antecedent. As all documents are either lost or secret according to these groups one is left with little to prove one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I know that you get parts of the masons calling themselves knights templar and other orgs as well but I really doubt they have any true links to the knights does anyone have any interresting facts about the knight.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well if you mean the Masons there is very little evidence to support the connection ( personally would love the connection to be true ) there are the theorys regarding Bannockburn and Bruce creating the royal order in their honour but this again is speculation .
The Rosslyn carving could be just a coincedence.
There is the Larmenius Charter, was a list of Grand Masters from Jacques de Molay, who allegedly passed the reins of the order in prison to John Mark Larmenius.

SMOTJ claim that the document is authentic

Whether the Templars evolved into the Freemasons or Freemasonry is paying Homage to the ancient order through Demolay and York rite Masonry, there is no doubt of the influential connection the fraternity has to the Monastic order of the crusades.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Heres some stuff about how the Templars are linked in theory to the illuminati.

Knights Templars
Knights of the Temple

This fraternity arose during period of the Crusades. Some may have meant well at the beginning, but it was so corrupted that it became a great blight on Christian history and a serious stumbling block between Christians and Jews and between Christians and Moslems.

Here is a brief history of this movement:

1118 - Established in Jerusalem by 9 French knights.

1128 - Taken under the protection of the Pope.

1187 - Moved to Acre (when Saladin conquered Jerusalem).

1291 - Moved to Cyprus (when Acre fell to Muslims). By then they had become influential bankers of Europe. They especially influenced Spain, France, England.

(Their work might have been good at first, but, according to occult historian Edith Starr Miller, it was influenced by Gnostics in Jerusalem and the Sect of Assassins, which practiced phallicism or sex-worship and Satanism, and venerated "The Baphomet," the idol of the Luciferians).

Philip IV of France sentenced many of them to death, charging them with conspiracy, heresy and Satan worship.

1314 (Mar. 18) - The Grand Master, Jacques de Molay, was burned at the stake. (The Masonic order for young men is named after him! Why would they?)

Rosecrucians
Order of the Rose-Croix

In the early 1300's, the surviving Knights Templars merged with them since they were not allowed to continue their own organization.

Their beliefs and practices were very secret through the 1600's. They may have been the pre-cursors of the Masonic Orders. The names of the last three Masonic degrees of the York Rite are: Knight of the Red Cross (means the same thing as Rose-Croix), Knight of Malta, Knight Templar. The 18th Degree of Scottish Rite of the Masonic Order is called the Sovereign Prince of Rose-Croix.

In 1717 the world's first Grand Lodge of the Masonic Order was established in London. According to Gary Kah, it had Rosecrucians deep within its structure. These were the Princes of Freemasonry.

And it is then believed that the Rosicrucians are one of the smaller groups of the illuminati, after reading some Monographs i could easily agree.

PAX

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There is a country where people forget to look but it was the only West European crown who immediately rejected the condemnation of the Templars because they had been crucial in defeating the Arabs in the Iberian Peninsula so when the Templars were suppressed by Pope Clement in 1312, King Dinis of Portugal argued that the Templars had simply been granted perpetual use of lands which actually belonged to the crown. Dinis founded The Order of the Knighthood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, which was confirmed in the bull Ad ea exquibus by Pope John XXII on March 14, 1319.
The full name of the Templars was The Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, and Dinis left off the reference to the temple in naming his new Order.
The Order was founded by Dinis and St Isabella on 14th August 1318 under the name The Militia of Jesus Christ. John XXII became its patron and gave it a Cistercian rule. It immediately extended to Spain, France, Italy and Germany.
There are lots of monuments,buildings etc in Portugal where one can find centuries old pentagrams and eye of Horus Pyramids.
I personally don`t think freemasonry has anything to do with the Templars,they have one thing in common: they both know about the "hidden knowledge"of the ancient times but they stand on two different extremes. Freemasonry are against Christians while the Templars protected Christians,they gave their blood for their faith in Jesus Christus.

www.thornr.demon.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
thanks fro all your views they did have great fights against saladin didnt they

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Read either of these books:

Liturgies of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry 4 Degree - 30 Degree:
www.amazon.com...=1073751871/sr=1-13/ref=sr_1_13/103-5603859-2525466?v=glance&s=books

Morals and Dogma: Forget Borders, they're way too greedy. Check for a used copy at www.abebooks.com...

Read the chapter about the 30th degree.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Scarface wrote:
according to occult historian Edith Starr Miller, it was
influenced by Gnostics in Jerusalem and the Sect of
Assassins, which practiced phallicism or sex-worship
and Satanism, and venerated "The Baphomet," the idol
of the Luciferians

From what I've learned, that^^^ is not true
(the "Satanic" part I mean).

People always want to take the original man's
knowledge and call it "Satanic" just because it's not
Christian(the global elite created Christianity to further
their own purpose(s)).

The Masons and such don't study Kemetian
knowledge because it's "Satanic"(which it's not); but
because knowledge is power and they(many of them)
wish to keep it from the masses because if they didn't
they would lose control over them. The Assassins may
not have been the 'nicest' people; but Satan
worship
???

Let's see what a bro. from the Nation of Islam has to say about the Templars:

www.geocities.com...

I haven't fully done the knowledge on Baphomet; but I
see what I can dig up.

ONE

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A good thread I hope it doesn't get buried under the crap that usually populates here at C & D.

What about the connection between Templars-Pirates-Modern Day Skull & Bones?

This was a split off as the Templars were literally pushed into the sea from Spain and Portugal as the catholic church turned on them. Sure some went underground and reportedly to Scotland but a good number invested funds to buy some ships and head to sea to plunder Royal vessels for gold and silver.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes the fleet left Le Rochelle and was not found. Speculation was that they took the "treasure" with them,whether the treasure was gold, knowledge or artifacts.

Following the symbology through different groups definately reaps interesting results. Interesting comment on the "frat" Skull & Bones of current times.

The Scottish connection I find the most interesting as contemporay sources speak of a large force of knights with The Bruce at Bannockburn who wore the "Croix Pattee". They are indeed traced to Roslyn Chapel. The trick becomes trying to make the jump between these folk and and the "Strict Observence" documents that establish the more modern version of Freemasonry. In the 1700's Europe was adrift in a sea of occult/philadelphian lodges so it's really hard to sort out. Some had political aims others esoteric.

This is a really good thread on an interesting subject.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
interesting topic indeed, thanks for bringing it.. here are some links for reading up on the topic:

www.crystalinks.com...

www.templarhistory.com...

I am more curious about the connection between the Knights and Mary Magdalene

new topics

top topics

join