It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and you.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Rasputin - The man you are talking about that calculated that date from the I-Ching (the most ancient of all chinese texts) is Terence McKenna (I referred to him in an earlier post). He is probably the most important figure on the whole 2012 topic. He calculated that date before he even knew about the mayan calendat.

The graph he made shows how history repeats itself in quicker intervals as time goes on. He proposed the theory (might as well be law) that as time goes on the world gets more complicated. The graph he uses compares NOVELTY (which is defined as the new, creative, never before seen) over time. When you look at major world events on this graph you can see the high and low points of novelty match up during periods of great change. These peaks seem to repeat themselves in a a sort of fractal pattern. Many of the events are predicted TO THE DAY. Remember this graph was derived from the I-Ching and it unexplainably comes to an end on the same day the Mayan's predicted.

It's sort of complicated but here is the explanation Timewave Zero

Here is a very good 11min video that summarizes Terence's main ideas and shows his timewave graph
Youtube Link

If you want some longer stuff, here is Terence blowing Art Bell's mind for 3 hours on C2C (There are free mp3s out there somewhere... I can't find a good link right now) Transcript I highly recommend reading this, I bet you won't stop once you start.

RIP

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Mushroom Fields-

Thanks for the information and links. The man you mentioned was also discussed on the History Channel show which I was talking about. I believe they said he passed away in 2000? What a shame. They showed the chart he created and pointed out many occurrances that were predicted with incredible accuracy- WW1, WW2, etc.

I think the fact that this man came up with the 2012 date through different means and without the knowledge of the Mayan Calendar lends even more validity to the 2012 date. The fact that his graph also accurately predicted major world events in the past shows that he isn't just another Nostradamus.

Like I said before, the difference between 2012 and all of the previous "apocolypse" predictions is the multiple, independent and proven sources that miraculously came up with the same exact date: December 21, 2012. We're not talking about January 1, 2000 here. This is a relatively obscure date, and I think it's a statistical improbability that all of these sources would come up with it without knowing of the other. I truly believe that something big is going to happen on or around that date. If it's something "bad", then I pray that I'm wrong. I also pray that I'm prepared for whatever comes, either way. I hope that even those who don't believe the whole 2012 thing at least prepare as best they can just in case. Even if its a false alarm, you've really lost nothing by making plans and stockpiling items that you can use over time regardless. I encourage everyone to check out the Survival topic here on ATS. And not just for 2012, but for natural disasters, terror attacks, home invasions, etc. There are countless tips on there that can do everyone some good in preparing for the unexpected, and in 2012's case, the expected!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join