It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and you.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm trying to wrap my head around the jillions of 2012 theories and whether it's something to be fearful of, to be excited for or to be totally ambivalent about. Personally, I lean more towards being excited. I see it as a not something to fear but to look forward to. I don't believe in the rapture or such but I do believe in a consciousness shift. The book I'm reading now "Apocalypse 2012" is very interesting indeed. Also, earlier today I was watch/listening to David Wilcock on a youtube vid by theduderinok (in case you haven't ever listened it's just C2C with pics but it highlights the best of imo). What is your opinion of what will happen then? Rapture? Ascension? Consciousness shift? Armageddon? Nothing at all?

Here's a link for the coast2coast vids i watched earlier. If you haven't gotten a chance to catch up on coast2coast then I heartily recommend just perusing theduderinok's videos as he is constantly posting them.

David Wilcock

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'll let you know in 2013.

The whole 2012 brouhaha is just garbage. There is nothing special about that date, any more than 2007 is special.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well wether or not its going to be world changing is yet to be determined,but the myans were very accurate in their mapping of the stars,and time,they predicted that in 2012 the earth will complete is axis(or complete its wobble since the earth rotates at a slight tilt).This is also predicted to happen in 2012 by todays astronomers.

This should at least be interesting to see if anything crazy happens,Tide changes? Even crazier weather? Is the weather getting weirder and harsher as time gos on because were closing on on the completion of the wobble?Can we expect the weather to get more sever as the years get closer to 2012?It seems to me they have been changing at a steady rate for about 4-5 yrs now..

I live in upstate New York and i remember many of Holloweens where my fricken costume had ice hanging off it...Yet we didnt have one snow fall here in upstate New York until January 6th...The weather was mid 50's and 60s..this was obsured,my grandmother of 68 could not remember a winter like that(alzheimers?)

I will go look for a link to put up about the wobble.this is a real even not just predicted by myans but also by todays professionals.Something to ponder.

well for some reason cant seem to find much about the wobble but i found this cool/fear mongering video of 2012.I'm sure with patience someone could find something about the wobble,but seems to me if u have to look that hard it cant be true ehh?I mean a wobble would be earth changing u would think there would be alot of info..idk

The video is pretty good though you should watch it for sure.there calulations of time is only off by 33 seconds!! interesting fact,the god they believed in came from the sky and was surrounded by light.The myan believed in this god so much they tied wood to newborns heads to elongate them...Hrmm sounds like a alien or something..food for thought enjoy

youtube.com...

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I believe the consciousness shift idea. Although I also think this is the exact same thing as ascension or rapture ultimately. It is our destiny to eliminate our confused way of life and move on to something more spiritual.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think that starting in 2012, we may move into a more type 1 civilization all working together for the greater good of the planet. I think this may require a shift of consciousness by a good part of society, and I don't think it would hurt if we became more spiritually aware. This may possibly be spurred on by some sort of "genetic mutations" caused by the higher energy forces of the Milky Way, which we have been travelling around at a 90 degree angle for some time now. I think it is possible that cosmic radiation or energies may be responsible for many of the changes on Earth species today. I have a feel that this may be beneficial to people and transformation. Who knows?

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything does happen, but I'm do not feel that it is going to completely devastate humanity in general. I think the environmental impact of this higher cosmic energy can still be seen somewhat today with global warming on earth and on Mars. We are not the only planet in our solar system going through changes, as many would like you to believe. I hope our "pollution" isn't melting the Martian ice caps, because I don't see how we could even make that much pollution as humans.

I don't think or believe in a mass doomsday scenario being too likely. The only thing I would be scared of in the least is a pole shift. That being said, we humans can not predict them or have never really had any record of how they would impact the world. So, who knows how they would affect us. They actually may not be as devastating as theorized, especially if it wasn't as fast acting as we thought it may be.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything does, but I'm not scared of the date or what may happen. Just trying to live my life with an open mind ready for all possibilities of existence. As humans, we may need a good wake up call to get our act straight and stop derisiveness between people and groups. We are all in the same boat together, so we should start acting like it, instead of acting like children fighting over toys and who's king of the hill. If nothing the future will be interesting, as it always is. Hopefully, someday we'll be able to clean up this mess, because I think our old systems need some new plans and new more positive energies.

I guess we'll see as we move forward in time.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't know what to believe really. I visit ATS at least twice a day and i look forward to reading all the UFO, predictions and theories out there. I get excited with the possible future that could be waiting for us. Then I turn the computer off, look out of the window and see the world that I see every day. nothing new, the same people walking down the street, no ufo's or anything. Back to reality i surpose.
I think all we can do is sit back and see what the future holds. I think we all need to escape from our everyday lives sometime and this is a great place to find out what the future may possibly hold.
Cheers.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well 2012 and me say the universe is going to collapse, like a complete shut down of darkness. Though my encounters with intelligence agents and travellers may say otherwise. That's all I will disclose as this place is really crawling with bugs.

/7A

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Well 2012 and me say the universe is going to collapse, like a complete shut down of darkness. Though my encounters with intelligence agents and travellers may say otherwise. That's all I will disclose as this place is really crawling with bugs.

/7A

Well, that's a good outlook. I suppose it's possible...but probably not possible so quickly. I would also like to talk to 2012 and see his viewpoints on the forthcoming collapse. I've never talked to a year before, but I think it is something I would like to experience. I tried to talk to 1979, my birth year before, and all it kept saying was "Help me kill disco, I can't stand that crap!"

I am just kidding, of course. Your theory is as valid as anyone's theory, because no one knows exactly what the future holds. I just don't see it happening that quickly. We would already be seeing signs of it. I would have to see more proof or basis in knowledge of how or why it would happen to decide how possible a universe collapse would be. Right now to me, it just seems like baseless speculation.

I hope the bugs don't get you. Lord knows I hate bugs, 'specially roaches those things like to fester. I know I am going to try to keep an open and clean mind I know them bugs hate that.

"The only thing to fear is fear itself," well that and the coming collapse of the universe (and bugs). XD (jk)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It could also be that the Mayans' amazing cosmological knowledge allowed them to understand the signiicance of our current passge through the galactic equator. We have been gradually subjected to more and more energy as a result. Many of the bodies in our solar system are currently undergoing unprecendented changes and at an increasing rate. We're contending with global warming (as are other planets). Perhaps it is this aspect that they foretold?

Here are just some of the important aspects of 2012 from a cosmoligical point of view:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Personally, I have always liked Terence McKenna's idea on the subject. He says that just about everything will happen at once. It makes sense when you take into account the way history has played itself out, the world is getting exponentially more complicated as time goes on. He said that it is possible that we will have alien disclosure, free energy, global war, a shift of conciousness, armegeddon scenario, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, extradimensional perception, time travel, etc. all within a very short period of time.

When you think about it, it seems to fit well if you buy into the whole 2012 thing. I would like to think of it as the end of the world (aeon) as we know it, rather than just the end of the world. I think this is where alot of people roll their eyes at the subject because they see it as just another doomsday prediction. If you look at our history and notice the acceleration that is going on you have to ask yourself, 'where does it end?'. Where do we come to a point where we can't possibly get more advanced?

We are on the brink of something huge and you can't deny that. We are getting closer to the things I listed above. Sightings of UFOs are becoming more abundant and with more convincingvideo and photo evidence. New energy plans are being explored with more sense of urgency than ever before. Tension in the world is growing and there is more war in the world than ever before. Technology is advancing exponentially faster, with each advancement helped to create the next advancement and so on. The cell phone was made about 20 years ago and now it's 10 gadgets in one that can fit in your pocket or clip to your head.

I think it is very naive to think that somehow these things are going to stop increasing at this accelerated rate.

Here are some ROUGH example scenarios for the type of thing I am talking about.

Idea 1 - An energy crisis sparks a global war for control of oil. Visitors who have been watching us patiently finally reveal themselves to help us out. They reveal technology that would give us free energy. With this technology we invent virtually everything we want because there is no longer any restriction on resources (since energy is free, you can build a machine that builds a machine that builds those machines etc etc.). With further exploration or further help from the visitors we develop space travel, time travel, extradimensional travel (maybe all the same??). Knowledge of these these things changes our perception of the universe and causes and shift of conciousness. The end of the world as we know it.

Idea 2 - A major event in the cosmos (pole shift, armegeddon) causes us to use all of our resources and brain power to try and figure out how to save ourselves. The stress causes us to use more of our brains or somehow realize our true potential and our minds evolve. We are smarter and can see the world 'more clearly' and understand basic principles of nature. This causes huge strides in technology, bringing some of the things I mentioned before. After we stop or avoid the event we are left with our new evolved mind and technology and are able to explore the universe, discovering new planets and life.

Just some quick ideas thrown togeher. These can be combined or switched around or whatever, you can see how they can all sort of play out all at once.

I can't be sure about any of this of course it is just an idea. It fits nicely when you look at the big picture and how things can accelerate up to one point. You can see how one of those big major events COULD trigger the rest in a short time

Check out Terence McKenna, he had many very intelligent and well thought out IDEAS about all the things I listed... mainly about time and perception shifts.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My take is that it's another Y2K, a whole lotta hype over nuthin. Any global changes that may happen have already begun their cycle, so any bad weather might be worse than the year prior, though not as bad as the year to follow. I don't think 2012 will be the peak of any natural global event, that stuff is thousands of years in the making. If a man made catastrophe were to happen, I think the odds of it happening on the end date of the Mayan calender are about as good as it happening tomorrow.

Anybody ever think that maybe that was just when they felt like ending the calender?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All of these dates aside, I would like to believe that there IS hope for mankind, whether we get a brain bump from some other-worldly race, or we find spiritual enlightenment on our own without anyone's help.

I like to believe that a change will occur with positive results. But maybe in order for this to happen, man has to be sent to the proverbial "corner" and have all our toys taken away...a time-out of sorts for the human race. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great show on the History channel and 2012 last night.

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
My take is that it's another Y2K, a whole lotta hype over nuthin. Any global changes that may happen have already begun their cycle, so any bad weather might be worse than the year prior, though not as bad as the year to follow. I don't think 2012 will be the peak of any natural global event, that stuff is thousands of years in the making. If a man made catastrophe were to happen, I think the odds of it happening on the end date of the Mayan calender are about as good as it happening tomorrow.

Anybody ever think that maybe that was just when they felt like ending the calender?

I would be surprised if you have looked into this topic at all. Do you even know which calendar you are referring to? Do you know anything about when it began and when the end cycles were and how that is significant? Or are you one of those people waiting to say told you so if nothing happens?

Whether you are a believer or not it is something actually worth researching rather than calling it another prophecy myth. What makes you think it would get so much attention if there was nothing particularly special about it.

It's not about weather or catastrophes I don't know how many times that needs to be repeated. If it were a 10 thousand year old prediction that god is going to let out demons and rain fire and frogs on the world on this exact time on this exact day I could see why you would want to dismiss it. We are talking about a collection of calendars that started way before written history, predicted major world changes, and ends very soon. That alone makes it worth looking into.

In my opinion (because I can't speak for all) it does not mean that on this ONE day ONE thing is going to happen and end the world as we know it (like Y2k). Just like the development of civilizations, agricultural revolution, industrial revolution, information revolution (all of which can be compared to mayan cycles)... it will not happen in one predicted day. This is about human's evolution of consciousness from a tool using ape to an intelligent conscious being.

But please please please read it from the expert researchers not some mushroom guy on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I saw that show on the History Channel about 2012! It was very interesting! I had only heard about the Mayan Calendar, and some of the things that Gordon Michael Scallion had said about the changes that would occur! I didn't know that other parts of the world had also considered 2012 as an important time!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wrong post

[edit on 6-7-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I myself do believe that 2012 will be a turning point for the brothers and sisters of the same faith "humankind".

For many years now I have been seeing the number 1111 and whether you believe all that you can read about 1111 as I have read or several other combinations of four digits such as 1024 as no doubt those who see that combination on a regular basis may believe / or not.

A shift in the human thinking is getting closer day by day, as I see 1111 and it says those who do see 1111 will be there to help calm those around us who will panic, funnily enough it does sit and go well with me right now.

I'm always the one who can become switched on and care for others at the drop of an hat, even if I have had several too many drinks.

Just my take my word on it and don't ask for quotes, just Google 1111

Me lazy......damn straight I have been working for the last 25 yrs

Wolfie

[edit on 6/7/07 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wonder with all the theory's, prophecy's and wide spread interest in the year 2012. If someone or some group actually triggers a global catastrophe making 2012 a self fulfilling prophecy.

I personally think man is a species that suffers amnesia(sp). We lost a lot of knowledge especially when it comes to the workings of the heavens. The Mayans kept this knowledge and recorded it in stone. Will something happen in the year 2012? I have to say yes something will happen, but what I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I watched a very good program last night on the History Channel about 2012. The scary part was that the Mayan Calendar is not the only source for the December 21, 2012 date. I can't recall the exact names, dates or locations of the other predictions, but there were several credible sources throughout history that have been used to generate this date- and all were independent of each other. It's not as though they saw the Mayan's were predicting a big change on 12/21/12 and decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I've always had a small interest in the 2012 theory, and thought there could be some validity to it. After seeing last night's program and all of the information they presented, I am far more certain that something big is going to happen on that date. Apparantly, 12/21/12 is also the date when our sun enters the center of the Milky Way galaxy. According to the program, this only happens once every 25-26,000 years. This event could be met with a sudden or fairly gradual pole shift. Many scientists have been predicting a pole shift as well. Recent evidence discovered shows that were have been pole shifts on earth before, and at one point the North Pole was near the Equator. Anyway, the faster this pole shift takes place, the more deadly things will get. It could very well be a global killer, causing massive earthquakes, eruptions and floods on every continent.

Some contend that the 12/21/12 theory will bring good change upon us. Perhaps our accention into another dimension, or the unleashing of some kind of human powers. On the opposite end, it could also be the Rapture. Some have also linked 2012 to John's vision of the Apocolypse.

I'm certain that as the date approaches, and if any of the theories are true, we will begin to see more and more signs of what is to come.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My 2012 Theory:

Nothing spectacular happens. The devout 2012 theorists/believers now attempt to find another date and find some 'excuse' as to why 2012 was not correct after all.

Those who believe that negative and evil things will come to pass will either stop talking about it and attempt to deny the previous mindset or they claim that something evil did happen...but we were kept in the dark about it because...you know, its evil.

Call me a cynic, I suppose. I prefer 'realist'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join