It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were given a clean society to do as you saw fit what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If say for example earth was reset... and you had the ability to make a new society what are the main changes would you carry out to make it a better society than the current one.

My example:
-One currency
-One nation (open borders)
-Wars between each other will be banned
-One large funded research group instead of millions of small ones (more can be achieved when everyone is working under one roof).
-(most important) Eliminate poverty

Remember this is a new society so you can shape it however you see fit. So for eliminating poverty for example, to explain it in more detail, I would set up one organization that takes in the poor and give them jobs with a salary enough to sustain a good lifestyle. Therefore, the whole employement system changes to give priority to people that have no money.

If you see a point that does not make sense or would like a deeper description, feel free to ask.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
replace the school system and systemof learning, i had made a post about this befoer and i will try to find a link. Also set out a research station or inding cures for major diseases, let go of fossile fules and find clean energy.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh ! nice idea I forgot the system of learning.. yeah that has to change. As for the cures I have put that under the One research facility idea. In my head its always better to get 10 people working on one thing rather than 5 working on something and the other 5 working on something else.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh ! nice idea I forgot the system of learning.. yeah that has to change. As for the cures I have put that under the One research facility idea. In my head its always better to get 10 people working on one thing rather than 5 working on something and the other 5 working on something else.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
* No religion
* No money
* No political party

* Encourage tolerance
* Encourage broad education
* Encourage sharing
* Encourage "community" unity

so much more...but i am sure you get my drift...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Honestly?

Go back to pre-industrial revolution technology wholesale. No electricity, no media, no communications whatsoever. Its the only way for people to realise that what they have in common, and what can be accomplished by cooperation, is far more important than what seperates us, and what we can achieve as individuals. We need to have communities again, not agglomerations of people. Barter not money. Faith not religion. We need to give up our perceived dominion over nature. It is an illusion that will destroy us.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
once i know myself perhaps i will befriend myself
a little bird told me several words
several small starlings said seven things
every lingering meaning

when the final seal is broken
my hope will explode like a chrysalis
i envision this self as a butterfly
better fly than never

welcome to the scorched earth orchard
a brittle fence squeaks a little dance
and every spectre reflected pensive
ever heard the story of purgatory?

a spacious wasteland oasis
a clandestine primary
every bad tangent romantic
every mad fantastic chasm

If at last the passion shines
let it grow like vines on a trestle
i'm a mortar and pestle messenger
an incandescent ephemeral effigy

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, if it was "Clean", I'd dirty it up a bit.

Alot of what I'm reading here seems like Communist Utopias.... which sound good but never work out. Human nature inevitably messes them up.... a Stalin comes along, Greed and Self Interest muck up the good intentions.

Things like All Research Under One Roof.... nah. That stifles imagination, competition, spontaneity. Didn't work that well in the USSR at all.
People need that freedom to have a good idea and then go with it, spurred by their own personal motivations... money, fame, or whatever personal obsessive nature drives them.

One Nation? Well, whose values and interests does the "Nation" look after?
I can't imagine people of the USA wanting to be run from Brussels according to the values of Europeans, for example. Even within the USA societies are different enough to feel that the Govt isn't representing them.

Small Is Beautiful. Smaller governments, looking after the needs and values of their smaller, more homogeneous group of people. Co-operating with their neighbors for sure, but still very independent.

Political Parties are just inevitable, whatever Label you apply to them. People of similar opinions will flock together. Banning them would be Oppression.

The World is a Chaotic mix of Society, Opinions, Values, Religions, Economic Systems etc etc etc. To try and homogenize that, apart from being a rather Oppressive goal, would be.... boring.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by emjoi]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
Well, if it was "Clean", I'd dirty it up a bit.

Alot of what I'm reading here seems like Communist Utopias.... which sound good but never work out. Human nature inevitably messes them up.... a Stalin comes along, Greed and Self Interest muck up the good intentions.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by emjoi]

Who are you to say whether something like this could work out or not ?... it has never been done before so you cannot assume anything about. By the way, most of your points given have been based on the modern society... religion... opinion... economic system etc... Remember by changing the whole society you are also changing the way people will think... What we want to do is EXACTLY what you said
. We want to elliminate seperate countries rulling over a group of people. Because naturally those seperate countries WILL get greedy in order to be the best. By creating a one nation you simply eliminate that.

As for currency, by using one type of currency it just makes the economic system a whole lot easier. Yes people working in the exchange fields will loose their jobs... but sacrifics have to be made. No sacrifice ... no victory.

Research under one roof ? how does that stifle competition ? all we do is simply change their motivation... from motivated by other countries to motivated by money. If you complete the following research in this given time you get a reward.

One nation... the values and interests that it will look after are strictly the people and space. What else do we need ? the rest causes corruption... we are giving them what they need ... alot of power. The only thing we have to make sure of is that that power is given to good people with good intentions. Thats the only risky part of this idea.

Political parties are too me uselless in every way, well atleast in my world. Why will we need politics if we have one nation ? it wont even be needed we wont have to ban it simply because if it was made anyway it would be uselless.

anything else emjoi ?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Any more? Okay, here goes...

First off, what you describe, as I said before sounds alot like a Soviet Utopia.
The USSR was supposed to be freedom for the common man. No possessions, no classes, a central government making sure everyone is treated fairly.
The USSR was not supposed to be an oppressive dictatorship. It was supposed to be the exact opposite.

But for it to work, it requires good hearted, honest, self sacrificing people. It especially requires the decision makers at the top to be honest and fair.
And that's where Utopias fall down. Too many people just aint like that.

Too many Revolutions fell into the exact same sins as those they overthrew. Animal Farm 101.

The fact that the USA didn't collapse back into Tyranny is an impressive, and perhaps lucky, bit of history.

So... my solution.... you DON'T have a Central Government. You don't have a small group of people with the power to decide Everything. Absolute Power Corrupts etc... Chop it up. Government as local and small and personal as possible. If the people in Montana want guns, then fine.... Montanans can have guns. If people in Los Angeles don't want them on their city streets, then fine again... they decide for their own small region. No-one feels oppressed by laws make remotely by people who don't understand or care about their version of society.

Eh. I'm waffling.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
All you people are forgetting that with free will comes all these problems of the world. To get the society you people want needs total control. You cannot have a perfect world where there is freewill.

Its been tried for thousands of years to create perfect societies. But the one thing that stops it working is freewill.

So are you guys wanting a society of total mind control.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
hehe

But for it to work, it requires good hearted, honest, self sacrificing people. It especially requires the decision makers at the top to be honest and fair.

Of course... this is the number one priority. If there is a person or "people" like that, that will control the world. Then the Utopia can exist. If not then it will always stay as a dream
. However, trust me .. there are people out there that have the potential.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I see a lot of you want perfectly equal societies of happy people with no crime or war. In order to do that you would have to bring in something resembling a dictatorship to govern. The only way to make people stop being bad is to literally make them. None of this pussy-footing democratic societies do, where the rights of criminals are put before the rights of society.

I'd bring in a powerful government with a powerful police force. Monetary rewards would be given to people who behave well, and punishments for those who don't (severe punishments).
I'd also encourage space exploration. Once you find other worlds with materials you help alleviate the pressure on society to misbehave. Companies will find worlds with other resources and open factories, and these factories will create more jobs and allow humanity to spread thinner as opposed to being clumped together.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't see that even starting with a "clean" society, would prevent such thing as greed, not just for material things, but greed for things like power and influence.

Also, if there are different races of people, conflicts are bound to happen.

I agree a good starting point would be before the turn of the century/industrial revolution, but that is only part of the problem, imo.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Mass Irrigation, Mass plantations of foods, trees, etc - Free food worldwide
Mass cattle growing. Ie. Feeding the planet. Also creating Mass Forests. ie. Timber resources, oxygen. Reducing deserts worldwide.

One Currency world wide
* Encourage tolerance
* Encourage broad education
* Encourage sharing
* Encourage "community" unity

Mass Plumbing
Mass Building of houses, apartments, etc - Noone will be without a roof over their heads.
Safe clean drinking water for everyone - Mass desalination plants worldwide.
Free electricity worldwide.
Wars banned worldwide.
Innovation and science and technology, biological research and more applauded and encouraged in every which way direction, and that if they come up with something, they will get something in return even if it is like a bonus such as $10k,,,

pretty much.
All nations in the world unite under a world government. They look after their countries like normal. BUT they have to answer to nWo who issues main commands such as piping projects, irrigation, desalination, forestation, free food, free water, free electricity, etc. If there is a problem, ie not enough people, resources to do it, people from around the world get shipped in with goods and make it happen... pretty much mkaing sure the world as a whole moves forward. Everyone moves forward....

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Guys... if there was a person who had the ability to think for the needs of the people before his own... total justice... equality etc... would you let him take control of teh world on his own to basically govern the whole world under one person ? with the help of smaller subordinates of course... would it be a good thing or a bad thing ?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I guess all i could say is I'd like to live in ancient Egypt or with the Myans..something where its back to the basics of living life and warshipping a god..

Money and all the extra we have in life today can ruin poeple,its sad really

God Bless

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

If there is a problem, ie not enough people, resources to do it, people from around the world get shipped in with goods and make it happen... pretty much making sure the world as a whole moves forward. Everyone moves forward....

Ship the intellectuals off to work on the Collective Farms....
A brilliant idea, that's been done plenty of times before... USSR, China, Cambodia. (As I've said twice before)

It's brilliant, unless of course YOU are the one who has been ripped out of your home and family and life, and sent to some remote place to do something you have no interest in doing.

And if you refuse? If you don't want to work on some irrigation system in Africa? Do the Secret Police come into action then? "For the Good of the People"?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski
Guys... if there was a person who had the ability to think for the needs of the people before his own... total justice... equality etc... would you let him take control of teh world on his own to basically govern the whole world under one person ? with the help of smaller subordinates of course... would it be a good thing or a bad thing ?

Ah, you speak of one without injustice, prejudice, greed, need, or any of the other trappings that make us mortal. Where ,pray tell, could such a being come from?

Would such a one be less or more than human? or both?

Some would call this "leader" God, and some would call it the Abomination. What would it call itself? For therein lie the seeds of destruction or something else.

And what would be the benefit of all this to the new "leader"? Surely there would be strings of some sort attached to such a monumental task.

I see in the quote the use of the term "smaller", perhaps a Freudian Slip?

top topics

join