It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain jails 3 for running online terror sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Britain jails 3 for running online terror sites

news.yahoo.com

LONDON - An al-Qaida-inspired computer expert who dubbed himself "the jihadist James Bond" was sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday for running a network of extremist Web sites and hoarding videos of the murders of Americans Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl.

Morocco-born Younis Tsouli, 23, who prosecutors said uploaded guides to building suicide vests onto the Internet, used the online ID "irhabi007" — the Arabic word for terrorist and the code number of the fictional British spy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Im hopign that there is more to this than they were simply running a web site. If true according to officals, they had how to build suicide vests and offered a terrorism for dummies kind of curriculum including: How to build car bombs, poison production, explosives et al.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I cannot believe that being a terrorist only gets you ten years. Here is hoping he gets shanked in the yard or drowned in a toilet.

Edn

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I dont mean to sound like I'm supporting terrorists or anything but cant people see that its getting to the point where you don't actually have to commit a crime to be sent to jail. Maybe they did break the law but last time I checked running a website wasn't against the law (depending on which country the server is in and what your hosting) give me two minutes and I can find masses of information on how to make numerous home made bombs and other devices, and when was some pictures, bomb and chemical making info against the law? Sure its a little odd but I bet theres a few Americans out there with explosives, masses of guns a bit of a disturbed mind and a picture somewhere of an important building, are they going to arrest them as well?

the whole thing is selective targeting if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Not from there, but I believe Britain's really terrified of the little nasties running amuk around there, being that British are kind and good hearted people.

It's a wee-bit actually quite sad to me that the British with all their cameras can mainly catch crooks ans terrorist actions ONLY after the events occur.
I wish my friends in Britain all the best in stepping up their intelligence to find and capture any and all threatening terrorist stuff in a preemptive mode. I may live in Canada, but I'm as surely worried about Canada too, too.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To me, an equivalent from times past could have been Nazi sympathizers printing books, or newsletters during the height of WW2. Would this have been punishable back then?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
To me, an equivalent from times past could have been Nazi sympathizers printing books, or newsletters during the height of WW2. Would this have been punishable back then?

Good post .

The answer is internment or death. What Younis did is on the same level of what Lord haw haw other wise known as William Joyce did during WW2. After the war William was hung for treason. Younis got off lightly IMO.

new topics

top topics

join