It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a picture of Jesus in the clouds?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
You must understand that my reaction to MM is from two years of her unfriendly, sarcastic posts in my other threads too.
However, I must admit, I took MM for another crazy "christian" whom are much worse than ya'll. So, my anger may have been a bit misdirected, but I still feel that MM is a mean, lonely person who has nothing better to do than cut people down. So if you like that type of person, then be one.

I've been on this board for only two and a half months, you must have me mixed up with someone else.

And I'm not the one who resorted to name calling in this thread, you are.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them mean, and I feel sorry for you, because you can't handle when people disagree with you.

[edit] I have some very strong opinions about you, yourself, but I've kept them to myself because they are unnecessary for this debate and could be construed as discourteous and insulting. I think it very ironic that the atheists on this board can have a calm, rational debate about any of this stuff without resorting to name calling or insults, even when we are being attacked by such gems of threads as "Atheism is the worst sin" yet Christians who are exhorted to "turn the other cheek" start hurling insults and personal attacks as soon as their arguments break down.

Grow up, stompk, otherwise you're always going to be hurt and angered by people in your life, because people are never going to agree with you 100% of the time.

At least I'm mature enough, and respectful enough, even though I do not believe in your god, to refrain from telling you exactly what I think of your behavior in the terms and in the tone which you attacked me.

Sad, sad, sad. :shk:

[edit on 8-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What did you mean by this statement?

"It's condensation in the air making shapes your brain takes and turns into pictures because the brain abhors a vacuum."

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What did you mean by this statement?

"It's condensation in the air making shapes your brain takes and turns into pictures because the brain abhors a vacuum."

translation: clouds making shapes that your brain turns into a picture because it doesn't like it when it can't 100% identify or associate something your eye sees.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thank you, MIMS. That's exactly what I meant.

Stompk, here is an article explaining why the brain does this.

There is another, slightly less technical article about it here,. The bit about the brain abhorring a vacuum is on page 6.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh, I thought it meant that I have a void in my brain to fill. My bad.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's that sort of jumping to conclusions that causes the friction we just experienced in this thread.

If you don't understand something, ask to have it clarified -- I don't think there is a member on the entire siteplex that doesn't like to clarify their posts at great length.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Found this passage in the Gospel of Thomas.
Thought it fit with this picture.

"83 Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light."

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Stomk you don't need a cloud to believe in God. You know he exists right? So why are you worried about someone elses opinion? This world is the proof you need.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm supposed to show this. It is part of my mission.
Only those who see it will understand.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
WOW - what can I say! This thread has it all! Sex, lies and videotape (well a photo).

Actually there isn't any sex either, and the lies are just silly. Oh well. I just burst my own bubble, perhaps I should get upset with myself and call myself names. Bad Monkey!

Sorry OP I don't see nothing but clouds, if it makes you feel any better it looks like a nice day.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Then I took this picture on the fourth of July.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just in case you didn't see the face.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'm supposed to show this. It is part of my mission.
Only those who see it will understand.

somebody is having delusions of grandeur...

and on the picture from july 4... you can tell that you're not properly photographing the fireworks from how fuzzy they are. camera defects don't count as reality..
and you have to do quite a bit of drawing to make me "see" "jesus"

actually... there's no way to tell exactly who that is. why is it jesus? it looks more like thor to me, and that would make more sense that THOR would be in the clouds.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What are the odds, I take two pictures like these by accident.
Took this one below on purpose.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ok, first some clouds...
then some fireworks with a camera error
now a bird...

you're giving us pictures of something and making us think that they're something else

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If the bible is correct, which I believe, things are about to get ugly. These are signs. Want to ignore them, that is your choice. I'm just showing them to those that may believe.

I'm not making you believe anything. I telling you, it's not going to be fun, if you aren't on the right side.

Not trying to scare, just telling you what I have been dreaming about. You have to admit, I have has some crazy coincedences, with dreams, and Bill, and all.

I'm just saying, I think this is very real, and I have giving you the signs, which I believe I am getting. These pictures are unusual by themselves. The face in the sky, and the Red Dragon, which is a weed, but still, the lighting is amazing, are
signs.

So, there you have them. And I will continue to post them as I get them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If the bible is correct, which I believe, things are about to get ugly. These are signs. Want to ignore them, that is your choice. I'm just showing them to those that may believe.

a random pattern of clouds that may vaguely resemble renaissance portrayals of jesus as an anglo when an overcoat of ms pain is applied, a camera error, and a bird are the signs of the end?

I'm not making you believe anything. I telling you, it's not going to be fun, if you aren't on the right side.

uh huh, that's what any religion will tell you because they're about in group mentality

Not trying to scare, just telling you what I have been dreaming about. You have to admit, I have has some crazy coincedences, with dreams, and Bill, and all.

uh huh...

I'm just saying, I think this is very real, and I have giving you the signs, which I believe I am getting. These pictures are unusual by themselves. The face in the sky, and the Red Dragon, which is a weed, but still, the lighting is amazing, are
signs.

um... what does the bird have to do with anything? the "face" isn't a face, it's just clouds. call me when you don't have to doodle over it

So, there you have them. And I will continue to post them as I get them.

alright, go ahead and indulge in your delusions

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
madness, I wasn't "calling" you. You've already had your chance. There are others listening, that aren't as lost as you are.

Keep telling yourself your OK though.
You're your own god, so good luck with
your self.

Soon, my posts will stop, and then you
can anger God all you want. It's your
eternity.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

madness, I wasn't "calling" you. You've already had your chance. There are others listening, that aren't as lost as you are.

i'm far from lost

Keep telling yourself your OK though.
You're your own god, so good luck with
your self.

i'm not my own god... i far from worship myself. i have a healthy view of myself. i don't worship anything else for that matter. i have myself and my friends and my family... those last 2 are far more important than the first one

Soon, my posts will stop, and then you
can anger God all you want. It's your
eternity.

you know, if there is an omnipotent being i doubt my tiny words of logic and reason would be able to anger it.
and again, i tend not to anger fictional beings (if that would anger your god, it's a tiny bit petty for something so powerful and wise)

and honestly, why will your posts stop? i hate it when someone that actually creates opportunities for dialogue leaves us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join