It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Occupants Of Interplanetry Craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Bet that caught your eye ! The title is of course the famous Carpenters song. I beleive it is to be used on the day when First Contact offically occurs. Who made this decision? And is there an offical directive regarding the use of this song??

Thought this would make a fun but interesting subject to discuss !!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss, I'd be interested to hear where you heard this rumour about this song being used, as it kind of gives me the creeps (with apologies to Carpenters' fans) that a pop song would be used as the theme to what would be the most incredible time in human history.
Why would that event even need a tune? To catch people's atention; make the footage more acceptable? This sounds like the sort of attitude most TV news exhibits when reporting UFO's; ie. playing the X-Files, or The Twighlight Zone theme in the background.
If this has been 'decided', I, too, would like to know the reasoning behind it, and what the heck they were thinking! A publicised landing, meeting, or electronic communication by aliens would surely be a world-wide event.
Does the entire world know who the Carpenters are? Do they have a following in, say, Northern China? Mongolia? Khazakstan? The Ascension Islands?
If this world shattering event has to have a musical accompaniment, why not ask musicians from all over the planet, and of all disciplines and cultures, to tender their work?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Always loved The Carpenters.

Here are the lyrics.

In your mind you have capacities you know
To telepath messages through the vast unknown
Please close your eyes and concentrate
With every thought you think
Upon the recitation we’re about to sing

(*) calling occupants of interplanetary craft

Calling occupants of interplanetary most extraordinary craft

You’ve been observing our earth
And we’d like to make a contact with you
We are your friends

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft
Calling occupants of interplanetary ultra-emissaries

We’ve been observing your earth
And one night we’ll make a contact with you
We are your friends

Calling occupants of interplanetary quite extraordinary craft

And please come on peace, we beseech you
Only a landing will teach them
Our earth may never survive
So do come, we beg you
Please interstellar policeman
Oh, won’t you give us a sign
Give us a sign that we’ve reached you

With your mind you have ability to form
And transmit thought energy far beyond the norm
You close your eyes, you concentrate

Together that’s the way
To send the message
We declare world contact day

Also here is the song..very nice.

[edit on 5/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's actually not a half bad song i have it on my ipod.Maybe if a ton of us put mental effort into it we can combine our mental waves to equal that of theres.hehe i usually listen to this song while im walking home alone at night =).You never know.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
First contact happened a zillion years ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft,

What is your obsession with our bottoms, do you fuel your craft on pooh or do you extract dark matter from our pooh? Why do you mutilate our bovine friends? Do you do that to their bottoms too? GIVE US SOME ANSWERS!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Bet that caught your eye ! The title is of course the famous Carpenters song. I beleive it is to be used on the day when First Contact offically occurs. Who made this decision? And is there an offical directive regarding the use of this song??

Thought this would make a fun but interesting subject to discuss !!

This song was originally recorded by rock group Klaatu in 1976. It's
one of my favorites and I have the original album. They adopted the
name Klaatu from the 1951 movie The Day Earth Stood Still with
Michael Rennie. Klaatu was the sinister robot. The song was proposed
for the World Contact Day.

The Carpenters version came later. Check the whole information in
this link.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks Free Spirit. I was at work today so never got a chance to reply to the questions!!!. I was pretty sure there was an International Contact day.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just watched the video of the song. Don't know about anyone else but dont you think the ailens shown look somewhat like the Greys?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow I did not know that Karen was not the original signer. The Klaatu version isn't half bad as well.

Here is their sample.

Call Occupents

[edit on 6/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
opps doubled that one

[edit on 6/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Don't know about anyone else but dont you think the ailens shown look somewhat like the Greys?

Should that surprise you?

The general image that we collectivley hold for 'alien' in this day and age is one which resembles the typical 'grey'.

That image has been forming for quite some time and I am sure that it will continue to evolve into something else entirley. Interesting at the very least.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Point taken, but this was before Whitely Striber did his Commuion stuff... post Roswell i know but as this was still shrouded in mystery the Greuys had not yet reached popular culture .....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It' just so annoying, and typically American, to commercialize, attach a theme song, and wrap it all up in a great big commercial television production. Then, probably turn it into a movie... and next year, a musical.

new topics

top topics

join