It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Police acting like gangs in New York

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can't believe this conversation, Police officers acting like a gang. Has it dawned on any of you that the police ARE a gang? You have the brothers in blue, the thin blue line etc etc etc....

The only difference between them and the Crips or Bloods is we have hired them to protect us. That does not change the facts that they are a gang. They will protect their own before they will raise a finger to protect anyone else.

I've seen bumper stickers that say, "The police are your friend." and thats a lie. They are not your friend and we did not hire them to be our friends. We hired them to keep civil order in a world gone insane. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

The police take care of their own first, as any decent gang would. Then they keep peace for the rest of us.

Yes, they are crooked, they are corrupt and they are human beings.

I still wouldn't want to live in a world without them.....

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Worthless? Hardly, regardless of context there is no reason to shove people on the street for holding a camera. If the man with the camera violated a law then charge him. Show me where is says, "shove him back and make threats"

I say it is worthless because we do not know what happened before that incident or what happened between the obvious edits.

Keep living in that fantasy. I personally have been harrased and accused of things by police, when I had nothing to do with it.

Were you with or around people who were doing illegal things?

This quote is from me so you know what he is responding too. So you know I never mentioned race!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the quote -
If people are going to commit crimes involving drugs and violence they should not be surprised when they get violence in return. Thugs just look like idiots when they claim their rights are violated. Gangsters and thugs have no rights. They earn everything that they get. Punks and cowards, the whole lot.

This quote is from not so kleverone -

So you assume that since the people in the video are black, then they must be thugs and gangsters?

I'm beggining to see why you believe the way you do.

First I did not mention race anywhere in my post. You apparently have an issue you need to work out. I'll answer you this way; My daughter is a Black Woman currently attending Harvard. Does that tell you the race of my Wife?

You should do something about that hate you have inside you before it ruins your life. You Sir/Mam are the one with the race issue.

Then maybe they shouldn't be cops. If doing your job makes you angry and hateful towards all civilians, then I would suggest a new line of work.

Obviously some Cops are bad. Some Welders are bad people. Some Scientists are bad people. Some Doctors are bad people. Some Janitors are bad people. So what is the point in implying all Cops are bad.

If someone steals your car or murders your friend, who you going to call? The Dog Catcher?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Very well put
The most sensible post of this whole thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I can't believe this conversation, Police officers acting like a gang. Has it dawned on any of you that the police ARE a gang? You have the brothers in blue, the thin blue line etc etc etc....

Has it dawned on you that you are describing them as a gang in the sense of a group of people? not the same thing

I've seen bumper stickers that say, "The police are your friend." and thats a lie. They are not your friend and we did not hire them to be our friends. We hired them to keep civil order in a world gone insane. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

what are you on about?
we did not hire them to keep civil order in a world gone insane.
you sound like the first in line to sign on the dotted for a pro-police state.
the world is far from having gone insane when you consider the ratio between criminals and law abiding citizens.

they have made more laws to put more people in jail which means they have to let real criminals go after a while to make room for new jailbirds.

the world has not gone insane, what is the percentage of insanity?
how can you say that percentage represents the world?
what an immensely false statement of galactic proportions!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to live in a world with them either
but them being human beings is completely irrelevant.

they are employees and law enforcers.
they were hired to keep the streets civil not make them worse.

that's like saying let's say you a boss of a company and your employee pushes other ppl around and u say oh he's just human.

everyone is human, we are all humans. But we are normal people outside of working hours, we keep it professional during the job.

If so many good cops can do it then they all can. Simply get rid of the bad cops and the problem is gone......... and yes... it IS that simple

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassiel

Originally posted by malganis

If theres a serious situation where there could be firearms or worse involved, the cops would want to deal with that rather than wasting their time, manpower and resources in arresting idiots like the black guy in the vid. Arresting him would have taken at least 2 cops off the street and caused a lot of unnecessary paperwork, etc when the black guy could just save everyone the hassle and walk away like everyone else was.

So in that situation, the standard operating procedure is to what? Slam the guys head into the wall? What if he didn't leave after that? Keep doing it until he does (or cracks his skull, you know, whichever comes first)?

Well what else would they do? If you were that cop and you were in a serious situation that needed your attention at that very moment, but you had some d*ck shouting if your face because he wants a bit of attention, what else could you do other than use force to get your message across? They had already used words and given him a chance to clear the area but he just wasn't listening.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I dont know, maybe ignored him? You know what sensible mature people can do and I'd expect what police should be trained to do?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I dont know, maybe ignored him? You know what sensible mature people can do and I'd expect what police should be trained to do?

If they ignored him then he'd still be in the vicinity. And given the amount of police and sirens, it looked like a dangerous area which needed to be cleared. If they just ignored him he could have been harmed, then you'd be jumping down the cops throats and saying that they weren't doing their job properly because they should have cleared the area.

The sensible mature people were the ones that saw the police were trying to deal with a big situation and so cleared out when they were told.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
That's really sweet, let's just allow the cops to decide who deserves some of it. If these kids weren't braking any laws then remember this when you're mistaken for someone else by cops and get a little instant justice. Judge Dredd would be proud about your comments.

The thing is I cooperate with police. So if they mistakenly arrest me I don't lash out and give them reason to be aggressive. I cooperate and the situation is resolved. Most cops are good people treat them with respect and they will treat you with respect. Treat them like crap and expect the same in return.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
I want you to all think long and hard about what i'm about to say

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't be like "oh well most cops are just good guys trying to help out" on the one hand..and then flip it and say "the USA government is evil and they want to bring the NWO mindchip us and they were also behind 9-11". It DOES NOT work both ways. In fact you want to know a REAL conspirocy? Every day there are flatfoot pigs who make their living off busting stoned teenagers, and beating up innocent black kids.

It simply boggles my mind how you can come in here day after day and say "oh well the government is so bad, they attack their own citizens, their just making us into slaves, we need to do something to fight back" and THEN say that "the police are good guys". WTF sense does that make? You know what else? Unlike 90% of these other crazy consiprocies..we can PROVE that cops are wicked.

Just go to any court on any given day and look how disproportionate a number of black people there are to whites. Better yet, look at our prison system. The MAJORITY of people incarcerated are BLACK, while the majority of US citizens are WHITE. This screams of not only conspirocy, but corruption.

Furthermore what about the idea of QUOTAS. Cops MUST give out a certain number of tickets, and arrest a certain number of people EVERY MONTH to keep getting funding from the state, as well as keep their job. So no THE POLICE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, OR IF YOU ARE INNOCENT. All they care about is MONEY. As long as they bring those blacks through the door every month, they could care less who they hurt, or what innocent people they put in jail.

I would sugest that all of you screaming "cops aren't bad" stop posting that everything is a conspirocy, and the government is out to get you, becuase it doesn't work both ways. The fact is that cops are evil, and we can see their wickedness EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.

If you can't accept cops are evil, i suggjest u stop beliving in conspirocies.

Oh yeah there is no chance that the black populace has a higher crime rate it must be all the corrupt cops.

No chance in h3ll that having close to a 70% bastardization rate among black children has anything to do with it. Kids without parents are always perfect.

Last time I checked there are plenty of white people in jail.

Watch a movie called "The Lost Boys of Sudan"... The Africans in this movie are ashamed of American blacks in fact they down right hate them because of the opportunities they squander and the trouble they make.

Watch the movie.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
And your right, I have never had to deal with a cop in a criminal way ... because I dont go around breaking the law and refusing orders from a law enforcement officer.

Apparently, you haven't had a real run in with a cop. If you are 'acting' suspicious the cops will give you #. I am no criminal. The term criminal is relative anyway. I have never been arrested and I don't engage in overtly criminal behavior.

What I can say is that I don't respect a group of people who have no respect for me (civilians in general). They have not earned my respect. Every time I've had a run-in with a cop (except for one occasion where my friends and I asked a peace officer to play ping pong..he was the only 'nice' cop I've EVER met- ONE COP) I've been treated with disdain from the start.

No matter what, I was 'guilty until proven innocent.' What happened to our Constitution and Amendments?

Does the 1st-10th amendments mean nothing to 'peace' officers? Do they know who they really serve (cash money) or are they just trained to be ignorant jerks? Could be either. I have no response for that one.

mrwupy, while I understand your sentiment I don't think we ever planned on police being thugs for hire. The world hasn't gone mad, our governments have. If we continue to let the government's watchmen run around shooting civilians (Amadu Diallo), beating up civilians (Rodney King), and arresting musicians for spreading the truth (Anyone remember the Mos Def scene this summer?).

Can you explain this?

en.wikipedia.org...

In September 2005, Mos Def released the single "Katrina Clap", renamed "Dollar Day" for True Magic, (utilizing the instrumental for New Orleans rapper Juvenile's "Nolia Clap"), a criticism of the Bush administration's response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. On the night of the MTV Video Music Awards, Mos Def pulled up in front of Radio City Music Hall on a flatbed truck and began performing the "Katrina Clap" single in front of a crowd that quickly gathered around him. He was subsequently arrested despite having a public performance permit in his possession.

He must have been a criminal right, performing music with a permit. Geez, what a terrorist. To think, spreading the truth has become a crime.

What a sad police state we are becoming. At least I'll be strapped and ready when they come to get me (if they find me).

Police don't give a # who you are, if you have a permit or not, as long as you run contrary to the mainstream you are considered an enemy.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
look at that!!...he did as the cops said....and no one got hurt....!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret
look at that!!...he did as the cops said....and no one got hurt....!!!

All I see are a bunch of cops being douche bags to a man who is trying to spread the truth and have a good time as well.

I don't understand how you can take the side of law enforcement.

Want me to find you more instances where the people cooperated and were still beat down?

He cooperated, yet went to jail.

For what? Disturbing the peace? Its a city for gods sake, there's nobody trying to get to sleep at this time.

The VMAs were right inside. He was making a point that you don't need to be recognized to be a great artist.

I just can't understand where you're coming from.

You actually like police? Why?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This doesn't sound like a group of people hired to 'protect and serve.' They have been protecting themselves and serving their puppet masters.

We'd just beat people in general....to show who was in charge.

- Former NYPD officer Bernard Cawley (nicknamed "The Mechanic" for tuning people up, or beating them, frequently) at Mollen Commission hearings.

New York is enjoying a dramatic drop in violent crime, with some attributing it to the police department's emphasis on more minor, "quality of life," crimes, such as graffiti, squeegee windshield washing, and subway turnstile-jumping, pursued as a way to demonstrate control of the streets and to apprehend individuals who may have outstanding arrest warrants against them.1 Civil rights advocates in the city note, however, that there has been a cost to the new strategy, revealed by steady citizen complaints against more aggressive NYPD officers during the past several years and continuing impunity for many officers who commit human rights violations despite the recent reorganization of both the civilian review board and the police department's internal affairs bureau. Police abuse experts have wondered why, if the police leadership is eager to stop crime by aggressively pursuing minor criminals and crimes, it is failing to demonstrate the same aggressiveness in dealing with officers before they commit more serious offenses.

It doesn't even matter to some cops if you are a police officer as well. They're equally willing to murder their own if their skin color is different. Yes, we are witnessing race crimes committed by cops on cops.

There is often a racial or ethnic component to police abuse cases in New York City, with many incidents also fueled by language barriers and miscommunication in the diverse city.30 In the CCRB's January - June 1997 report, African-Americans and Latinos filed more than 78 percent of complaints against the police, while 67 percent of the subject officers were white.31 A NY1 News local television channel poll released in February 1997 found that 81 percent of blacks and 73 percent of Hispanics believe police brutality is a serious problem in the city.32

Racial tensions were exacerbated after the August 1994 shooting of an undercover officer Desmond Robinson, an African-American, by white off-dutyofficer Peter Del Debbio during confusion after a shot was fired on a subway train. 33 Del Debbio allegedly thought Robinson was involved in a crime because he had a gun; Del Debbio reportedly shut his eyes and shot, hitting Robinson five times, including two or three shots that allegedly were fired as the wounded officer was falling or on the ground. Del Debbio was convicted on second-degree assault charges.34 Minority-group activists claimed that the shooting demonstrated racial bias because the white officer assumed the black officer was a criminal.

www.hrw.org...

Police abuse remains one of the most serious and divisive human rights violations in the United States. The excessive use of force by police officers, including unjustified shootings, severe beatings, fatal chokings, and rough treatment, persists because overwhelming barriers to accountability make it possible for officers who commit human rights violations to escape due punishment and often to repeat their offenses.1 Police or public officials greet each new report of brutality with denials or explain that the act was an aberration, while the administrative and criminal systems that should deter these abuses by holding officers accountable instead virtually guarantee them impunity.

www.hrw.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.massbrutality.org...

www.cuapb.org...

www.refuseandresist.org...

www.october22.org...

You do not have to be a criminal to be harrassed by a policeman/woman. They will come after you regardless if they think you look like a criminal or just because they're power tripping.

I can search on youtube all day to find police brutality.

It happens, its a reality.

When one member of this 'gang' as mrwupy calls them acts out of order, the whole group is held accountable. If they were more worried about upholding the law and less about saving their own skins we wouldn't have some of the messes we're in right now with law enforcement. People would definitely treat them with more respect. That would be of course if they gave any to civilians, which for the most part does not happen.
Unless you got the big bucks, then they get on their knees for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Good posts, biggie smalls. I agree with you 100%. Police brutality is repugnant and I have no respect for them especially if they think violence against law abiding citzens is the correct method.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and say there are pros and cons for
both sides here.
Yes the police is a gang
and yes they are needed in this world.
If someone were to rob my home I would call
the police, If someone had raped my family member
I would call the police.

Not all those officers are bad ones. The un-marked
officer was probably a supervisor.
Now who would speak out against their supervisor?

It's the system that has failed us not the cops.
If we had tougher laws against officers such as:
"One Strike and they are off the force"
Then I think it would make the world of difference.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i have of yet to find a link that says he produced a permit for that....they all say...he said he did...the cops say he didnt....and he was going to court...no links about what happened in court...

people file racial complaints against other people because pulling the race card will get you what you want....i do not doubt there is some racial profiling....but if you complain that there is...there's a big investigation and sometimes the case is dropped.....
when i was in basic, there was this kid whom i didnt like, who just happend to be black...(i had another friend in that same group who was black so dont be liek you didnt like him cause he was black)...well anyways during warrior week, we eat nothing but MRE's...and i got one with a packet of cherries in it....he demanded i give him some...i said no...and he said it was cause i was racist...he told the TI's and i had to go to a sensitivity class on race....

i like cops because when i was younger i was helped out by a cop when i got into a situation...he helped me pull out of it....

some people are really cool...other's are very not....we dont know what all happend in the video...exspecially since there's and obvious cut scene at 20 seconds...he could have said he did the cops mother in that area....you cant judge the whole situation on EDITED footage....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm amazed at all the ant-cop sentiment that shows up when videos like this are shown. What happened here that led to all the cops showing up? Can we see the video of the law being broken? Might help us assess this situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You are not understanding the points being addressed.

So what if he broke the law, does that warrant a beat down from officers?

Even if he shot somebody, was selling drugs, does that still warrant a brutal beating by 'peace' officers?

Does the innocent man videotaping the scene deserve to go to jail too (well his friend did, not the cameraman as far as we know) because he was there witnessing police brutality?

How can you be so blatantly so pro-police after countless instances of abuse of power?

I am ANTI-AUTHORITY. Anyone who thinks they know what is best for me and my own are sadly mistaken.

I don't answer to anyone. Only God.

Comprendes amigos?

Fight the power, don't be complacent lapdogs.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
"I am ANTI-AUTHORITY. Anyone who thinks they know what is best for me and my own are sadly mistaken.

Well, dude back here on planet Earth - the rest of us have a society to live in and maintain. Not everyone thinks the way you did, or for that matter doesn't think. I mean, you clearly show that you got anarchistic tendencies. That's cool. That's your game. The reality remains the same, regardless of your stance on authority. I don't know what you do for a living but you probably don't have a position of authority, am I right? You're not a teacher, a manager or anything like that? Didn't think so. No offense, but after reading your post I was a little lost as to whether or not you were joking. He made a lot of silly statements. I'm not saying I think others know what is best for me, but I for one don't want some 80 driving around in his Mustang drunk, speeding, running through stop signs and running over some woman pushing a stroller. It frankly pisses me off when the riffraff are running around robbing convenience stores, mugging old ladies and stealing cars. Breaking into houses, beating people over the head with baseball bats... I'm not quite sure those people know what's best for them. Frankly, I'll stick to a fairly organized society with - as good as is humanly possible - a legal system that puts scum like that behind bars. I'm sure you've seen a few cop chase videos in your time. We all have. Some of these guys go flying down the highway at over 100 miles an hour, smashing into other cars, going through red lights, risking running into other innocent civilians just trying to get from one place to another. Who knows, some of these people might have little kids in the back of the car. Today deserve this kind of treatment? If the police were chasing these guys, how long would they drive around like that without getting stopped? Do they have to kill a few people to make you happy? Is that your idea of freedom? Now I'm not saying that all cops are good. Far from it. Many cops are bad. But I for one have had great interaction with cops. I've never had a cop treat me so unfairly but I thought that all cops were bad. It's just unrealistic and stupid. If anything the cops have been pretty lenient with me when they pulled me over for speeding, for example. I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at their own interactions with cops to really make an honest decision about this topic. At the same time, if and when we find instances of police brutality, there should be prosecution. No doubt. But this little video tells me nothing. There's a guy running around bitching at the cops. It shows a lot of mayhem and confusion. It's not definitive. Frankly, this video is a non-event for me. Let's cut to the chase here buddy,if you pull any # out there on the street, and the cops smack your ass down for it, I'm not gonna be the first one to cry out for you. You break the law, you pay the price. I have no problem with that.

If you have a minute out of your busy day, take a look at this video. Now, let's just say you work at a convenience store, don't make much money, you're an honest guy, just trying to make ends meet. Do you deserve this kind of crap? Note, this just happened on Tuesday. Maybe tomorrow it'll happen near you.

I am ANTI-AUTHORITY

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
they keep the peace...that doesnt mean they themselves are peaceful ....it's like peace at any price....honestly if i was a cop and some guy shot someone...(do to gang violence not self defense)...i might give him a nice smack in the head...or put him in the car a little violently...

now you're thinking...good thing he's not a police man...or am i?...no i'm not....

but the point remains we have no clue whats going on other than edited police brutality.....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join