It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[Video] Police acting like gangs in New York

page: 7
16
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i notice in the video it starts right as they start kicking the guy....you know there's more before that...but it's not where it starts..then about twenty secondsish into the film...it cuts out and comesback with the guy about to get into the shoving match with the officer....there's obviously something we missed in that blank section....

and with the bikers....i saw the officer cuff the first guy....he laid him on his back...then started to cradle him....arm beneath the legs...arm beneath the neck....when the guy starts screaming...."YOUR CHOKING ME"...with others in the crowd saying the same...the cop lays him back down...




posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JOHN LOCKE
this is what happens when the most significant percentage of police recruits come from the military... first train then to kill in foreign lands, then say: hey, keep the gun, but now "patrol" your homeland. the mission of a soldier is in direct conflict with the mission of a police officer.





This has nothing to do with the Cops in NYC coming from the Military but coming from the very same THUG life that the majority of them end up policing.

I think it depends on the areas that are being policed as well. Usually in NY it ends up that the noob cops are stuck in the worst of precincts and Im sure its also that the cops with particular problems are shoved into the crapholes of NYC as well. Some of them are good cops. This I can attest to. Ive had a cop call me at 2am from his personal cellphone asking me what I'd like him to do with my son and his friends who had been messing around in a local park after hours. Not all NYC cops are the same as these animals in the video.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't quite get how you can defend the cops pushing the black guy.

They told him to get on the sidewalk, after the cop pushes him, he walks over to the sidewalk and says, "I'm on the sidewalk, now what?" to which the cops tell him to go down the block. My question is: why is the sidewalk far enough away initially, but when he gets there hes told to keep going? If the sidewalk was far enough away 5 seconds before, it should have been far enough then.

Also, the cop can't repeatedly push the guy and say, "Lets go!" or "Do something!" to the guy even if he is mouthing off or holding his ground. You know what the cop could have done? Thats right, arrest the guy. I'm sure they had enough cop cars there, what with all those cops standing around.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski


What was the situation that demanded this number of police.



If there was a group of people in whatever the situation (especially if theres talk of a gun) many police respond.

Personal Experience: Less than a year ago. Specific Details Hazy.
I was walkin to the store with friends (6-8 mostly black) and someone was in a car next to the gas station. He had looked at us and got in his car quickly. An 'outspoken' friend of mine said "Look he's scared." What followed was something like this.
"I'm not scared!" The man yelled from inside the car.
"So get out..... I'm not even 'gonna' mess 'witchu' 'cuz' 'ya' 'lil' boy in the backseat," My friend replied.
"That don't matter!" The man exclaimed as he got out the car.
My friend immediately rushed towards him ( raising up his arms with his hands balled into fists). The man jumps back in the car, sped off and in the distance you could see the bright illumination of a cellphone. We assumed he called the police. We buy junk food from the store and start walking back. A few minutes later a cop car pulls up and, an officer stands behind his door (gun drawn) and yells "Nobody move, hands up!". Then another cop car pulls up. Then a SUV police vehicle pulls up. Then another cop car. Then another. And another. And another. I'm not exaggerating. Afterwards we were searched, and all released without one of a us even writing a statement. Many police showed up just because (I assume) there was a group, and it's also possible that the "victim" in this case falsely reported the presence of a firearm. A large (curious) civillian crowd also showed up (where we were stopped was an apartment complex). We were overrun with police in minutes. There was no beatings or formal charges filed that day (thankfully), only the cop barely trying to charge someone with a knife they found nearby saying "I saw him drop it."

The latter was in a small town, outside of jacksonville. Since the video was recorded in New York (I think) you can imagine how many more responding police officers there would be. This would also explain the nyumber of curious civillians.

I would even go as far as to say 15 minutes before that the area was just like any other street.

It seems to me that the man recording saw was going on and ran home to go get his camera, and then ran back (thus the running up the the scene).

You can also see him pushing the civillian as he was walking away.

Anyone up for contacting the Youtube poster?



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski


What was the situation that demanded this number of police.



If there was a group of people in whatever the situation (especially if theres talk of a gun) many police respond.

Personal Experience: Less than a year ago. Specific Details Hazy.
I was walkin to the store with friends (6-8 mostly black) and someone was in a car next to the gas station. He had looked at us and got in his car quickly. An 'outspoken' friend of mine said "Look he's scared." What followed was something like this.
"I'm not scared!" The man yelled from inside the car.
"So get out..... I'm not even 'gonna' mess 'witchu' 'cuz' 'ya' 'lil' boy in the backseat," My friend replied.
"That don't matter!" The man exclaimed as he got out the car.
My friend immediately rushed towards him ( raising up his arms with his hands balled into fists). The man jumps back in the car, sped off and in the distance you could see the bright illumination of a cellphone. We assumed he called the police. We buy junk food from the store and start walking back. A few minutes later a cop car pulls up and, an officer stands behind his door (gun drawn) and yells "Nobody move, hands up!". Then another cop car pulls up. Then a SUV police vehicle pulls up. Then another cop car. Then another. And another. And another. I'm not exaggerating. Afterwards we were searched, and all released without one of a us even writing a statement. Many police showed up just because (I assume) there was a group, and it's also possible that the "victim" in this case falsely reported the presence of a firearm. A large (curious) civillian crowd also showed up (where we were stopped was an apartment complex). We were overrun with police in minutes. There was no beatings or formal charges filed that day (thankfully), only the cop barely trying to charge someone with a knife they found nearby saying "I saw him drop it."

The latter was in a small town, outside of jacksonville. Since the video was recorded in New York (I think) you can imagine how many more responding police officers there would be. This would also explain the number of curious civillians.

I would even go as far as to say 15 minutes before that the area was just like any other street.

It seems to me that the man recording saw was going on and ran home to go get his camera, and then ran back (thus the running up the the scene).

You can also see him pushing the civillian as he was walking away.

Anyone up for contacting the Youtube poster?



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Again, The police have every right to 1 up the situation. If the individual uses profanity, the police can use physical force. If the perp uses force then the police have the right to pull a weapon. Learn the law and know that they did what was necessary. You cant call a cop names without a chance of having your knee smashed. Wake up people!

Agreed. We dont know all that happen but I stick with the fact that cop's word is worth 2 civi's( Period)



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subsonic

2. Walk away. I've been around a few bad scenes in my day, and I've never been arrested. I walked away from an obviously deteriorating situation so I wouldn't get involved.

3. Do what they ask. I once had my car searched for drugs when I got stopped for making a right turn on red. I also happened to be a musician coming home from a club at three in the morning and I smelled of weed becuase some people in the club were smoking up. I wasn't drunk, stoned, or hiding anything, and had nothing to fear from a search. They searched my car, found nothing, they let me go, didn't even write up a ticket for my traffic violation, I said thanks and have a good night officer.

Simple common sense will keep you out of most of these situations. Not sure why this seems to be so hard for people to get through thier skulls.

Subsonic


2) What if you see cops kicking a man whose down and cuffed, why in the world would you want to just walk away? They're blatantly braking the law and unless you dont wish to reduce the amount of police brutality and thus ensure a safer life for yourself and your loved ones you should definately stay and observe.
3) You should do what they tell you if they have the authority of the law to do so. If they just dont like you around they have no right to tell you to leave.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now
Again, The police have every right to 1 up the situation. If the individual uses profanity, the police can use physical force. If the perp uses force then the police have the right to pull a weapon. Learn the law and know that they did what was necessary. You cant call a cop names without a chance of having your knee smashed. Wake up people!

Agreed. We dont know all that happen but I stick with the fact that cop's word is worth 2 civi's( Period)


Apparently the one sleeping was you. Maybe you slept through the period of civil rights history. No where in the law does it say police can "one up the situation". At no point in time is it ok for an officer to use physical force if a person uses profanity. I can speak from experience on this one, if you repeatedly use profanity in front of a cop, they have the right to arrest you for disorderly conduct. In Arkansas City Kansas, the exact charge is Disorderly Conduct- Profanity in public which is a city ordinance (Dont ask lol)

As far as using a weapon, the law is very clear in pointing out at what times an officer can use force and specifically deadly force.

Here is a great example of a cop's word vs the word of a civilian. This listing does not even read half as horrific as this case was.
Abner Louima



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, I guess you really think the video is out of hand then. I would have done the exact same thing except that guy would have been face planted into the pavement earlier for even looking my way. I may be out of line with the whole Verbal context. If you know much about the law or how a officer operates out of safety; officers can take measures 1 step over the situation they are confronting.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

2) What if you see cops kicking a man whose down and cuffed, why in the world would you want to just walk away? They're blatantly braking the law and unless you dont wish to reduce the amount of police brutality and thus ensure a safer life for yourself and your loved ones you should definately stay and observe.
3) You should do what they tell you if they have the authority of the law to do so. If they just dont like you around they have no right to tell you to leave.



you dont see if the man is cuffed.....and there's a break at about 20 seconds and then the cops are pushing the guy with the camera guy....



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You might want to read the whole thread and then re-watch the video. We kind of covered all this already. At 3 secs you can see the man on the ground, you can see his left arm bent behind him. This would indicate that he is either handcuffed or laying in a prone position so that he can be handcuffed. To kick him at that moment is excessive force.

The first shove of the camera man happens around 7 seconds. There is a brake around the 20 second mark. Based on what we see prior to the brake it would seem that the camera was turned off while they were being pushed back to the sidewalk. I base this opinion on the fact that prior to the break, you see the arm of a white uniformed police offer come into the camera view. His body motions are consistent with someone who is holding there arms out like a barricade and walking forward as if to move people backwards. That is when we see the black uniformed cop come into the frame screaming at the camera man to "Get Back". What I found interesting about this is that the white cop walked people backwards and does not even look in the direction of the camera man even though he is clearly right there. Then all the sudden he is not back far enough according to a different cop?

Through the whole video the main aggressive officers are the same two guys. The Black uniformed officer and the white plain clothes officer.



[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 7-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It is all unfolding slowly before our very eyes, a new world order that is in the form of a neo conservative government that will do anything in there power to control their capital gain.
The police are here to protect the corporation (U.S.A) don't forget that...



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm ashamed that lobbyists are allowed to run around the capital like chickens with their heads cut off just to fit their agenda. this isn't the America Thomas Jefferson spoke about.




[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 7-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassiel
You know what the cop could have done? Thats right, arrest the guy. I'm sure they had enough cop cars there, what with all those cops standing around.


If theres a serious situation where there could be firearms or worse involved, the cops would want to deal with that rather than wasting their time, manpower and resources in arresting idiots like the black guy in the vid. Arresting him would have taken at least 2 cops off the street and caused a lot of unnecessary paperwork, etc when the black guy could just save everyone the hassle and walk away like everyone else was.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Have you been to NY do you live in NY?

If not then shut up. You aren't getting the whole story from that video. NY is a violent place it used to be a very very violent until the police cracked down on violence. There is a good chance the guy getting kicked deserved what he was getting esp when you consider the black guy with the camera was getting pushed by a black cop.

You are aware that people try to set the cops up aren't you? Act violent towards the cops spit on them curse at them attack them and then when the cops are retaliating their friend turns on the camera...

Cops know they are watched and they know they are targets for minorities and the media. For them to kick someone knowing they are being watched means the guy on the ground fcked up real bad. Otherwise they aren't going to jeopardize their careers cause they knew the camera was there.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by American Madman]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps


2) What if you see cops kicking a man whose down and cuffed, why in the world would you want to just walk away? They're blatantly braking the law and unless you dont wish to reduce the amount of police brutality and thus ensure a safer life for yourself and your loved ones you should definately stay and observe.
3) You should do what they tell you if they have the authority of the law to do so. If they just dont like you around they have no right to tell you to leave.


If I know the guy and he is a scum bag I might try to get a few kicks in myself.

Actually police "brutality" against thug elements who enter my community is more then welcomed as it is that action which will help keep me and my community safe from roaming packs of animals.

For instance about 3 months ago the "youth" from the bronx, ny literally tried to take over New Roc City "New Rochelle Mall". The cops came broke some heads and those kids won't be coming back any time soon if at all.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That's really sweet, let's just allow the cops to decide who deserves some of it. If these kids weren't braking any laws then remember this when you're mistaken for someone else by cops and get a little instant justice. Judge Dredd would be proud about your comments.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I want you to all think long and hard about what i'm about to say

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't be like "oh well most cops are just good guys trying to help out" on the one hand..and then flip it and say "the USA government is evil and they want to bring the NWO mindchip us and they were also behind 9-11". It DOES NOT work both ways. In fact you want to know a REAL conspirocy? Every day there are flatfoot pigs who make their living off busting stoned teenagers, and beating up innocent black kids.

It simply boggles my mind how you can come in here day after day and say "oh well the government is so bad, they attack their own citizens, their just making us into slaves, we need to do something to fight back" and THEN say that "the police are good guys". WTF sense does that make? You know what else? Unlike 90% of these other crazy consiprocies..we can PROVE that cops are wicked.

Just go to any court on any given day and look how disproportionate a number of black people there are to whites. Better yet, look at our prison system. The MAJORITY of people incarcerated are BLACK, while the majority of US citizens are WHITE. This screams of not only conspirocy, but corruption.

Furthermore what about the idea of QUOTAS. Cops MUST give out a certain number of tickets, and arrest a certain number of people EVERY MONTH to keep getting funding from the state, as well as keep their job. So no THE POLICE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, OR IF YOU ARE INNOCENT. All they care about is MONEY. As long as they bring those blacks through the door every month, they could care less who they hurt, or what innocent people they put in jail.

I would sugest that all of you screaming "cops aren't bad" stop posting that everything is a conspirocy, and the government is out to get you, becuase it doesn't work both ways. The fact is that cops are evil, and we can see their wickedness EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.

If you can't accept cops are evil, i suggjest u stop beliving in conspirocies.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Originally posted by PsykoOps
Subsonic


What if you see cops kicking a man whose down and cuffed, why in the world would you want to just walk away? They're blatantly braking the law and unless you dont wish to reduce the amount of police brutality and thus ensure a safer life for yourself and your loved ones you should definately stay and observe.


PO in the US cities and some more rural areas there are people who will do anything they have to do to get what they want. This includes, robbing you, raping you, killing you, etc. if you can think of a brutal crime people in America are capable of commiting it. I would say those in america are more prone to crime than those in other Nations, becasue of our free and more open society. So I for one sleep a bit easier knowing that cops walk the streets catching criminals, and I say catch the criminals by any means nessesary. Sorry but crime IMO has no place in society in any form or fashion but i understand it will never go away, sad.

If one sees a cop beating an arrestee than stand back film it at a distance and dont ever walk up on the cops with a camera running your mouth. Your asking for a store front face mask. You then take the tape to the press and deal with it that way. You want to go to the hospital then play the roll and be a playa.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis


If theres a serious situation where there could be firearms or worse involved, the cops would want to deal with that rather than wasting their time, manpower and resources in arresting idiots like the black guy in the vid. Arresting him would have taken at least 2 cops off the street and caused a lot of unnecessary paperwork, etc when the black guy could just save everyone the hassle and walk away like everyone else was.


So in that situation, the standard operating procedure is to what? Slam the guys head into the wall? What if he didn't leave after that? Keep doing it until he does (or cracks his skull, you know, whichever comes first)?



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join