It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Police acting like gangs in New York

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I couldent have said it better, I really dont understand why it is so popular to pick on the cops these days for every little thing. I am totally discusted by 90% of the posts in this forum, it sounds to me like alot of people are mad that they got a ticket.

Apparently you have never had to deal with a real 'cop.'

I don't consider people like you denying ignorance. You see a real video of some poor guy getting his ass beat.

And that's ok with you? No matter what he did, shot at a cop, slaughtered his fellow officers (which I would probably condone depending on who it was) does not warrant a beating.

The guy with the camera and his friend did not deserve to be treated poorly.

You must not live anywhere near a city.

I'm disgusted by your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 6-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I couldent have said it better, I really dont understand why it is so popular to pick on the cops these days for every little thing. I am totally discusted by 90% of the posts in this forum, it sounds to me like alot of people are mad that they got a ticket.

Apparently you have never had to deal with a real 'cop.'

I don't consider people like you denying ignorance. You see a real video of some poor guy getting his ass beat.

And that's ok with you? No matter what he did, shot at a cop, slaughtered his fellow officers (which I would probably condone depending on who it was) does not warrant a beating.

The guy with the camera and his friend did not deserve to be treated poorly.

You must not live anywhere near a city.

I'm disgusted by your ignorance.

Actually I live in the jurisdiction of the 13th largest police department in the US with over 3,000 sworn officers.

And your right, I have never had to deal with a cop in a criminal way ... because I dont go around breaking the law and refusing orders from a law enforcement officer.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Please take note of the number of people on this thread who are well down the complicit path. This is the bi-product of the fear mechanism that's been worked into their programming. The heightened and intensity of big bro security is necessary in their minds.

Has absolutly nothing to do with this one situation IMO. I hate Big brother to and would fight them tooth and nail if they tried to take my rights away from me. But the bottom line with this situation is simple. The guy bucked the cops request for him to move on. Why cant you understand that when a police officer asks you to do something do it. Dont put yourself in a position to escalate the issue beyond just walking away. the camera man was never stopped from filming once. the guy baited the plain cloths cop the whole time.

I often wonder what life would be like if those who disrespect everything in our society were in charge. i think it would be very bad for everyone.

Also if someone killed your friend or did something against you how would you react. i guess you would be Mr. Nice guy and treat him with respect. Offer him a latte or something. NO you would want to deal with him right?

Its not being complacent to want Law and Order in our society. Its the basis of our society which dictates the need for Law and Order. I think its high time those who think they are above the Law are shown they are not and this includes corrupt police as well.

But for this one situation the guy should have just walked away and kept his pie hole shut.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

I do think its relevent to the situation. What if there was a gang fight in progress, or the guy on the ground was being detained for some other crime. What if the cops had knowledge of a potential risk to thier lives that WE DONT have. Cops get killed in NY for walking thier beats, I cant imagine whats its like to have people wanting to kill you for trying to uphold the law of the land.

If there was a gang fight why do they then bother with this lone man protesting the arrest? If they had knowledge of danger, wouldn't they do what they're trained and paid to do to handle it instead of playing shoving games with this individual?
If you're tasked to uphold the law you should be following the very same law, and I'm not sure what it says but that shoving seems like bases for assault charges. I'm not sure indeed but doesn't the law say that if you touch an officer it's assault? So isn't it the same if an officer touches a bystander when they're not arresting him?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And your right, I have never had to deal with a cop in a criminal way ... because I dont go around breaking the law and refusing orders from a law enforcement officer.

Hello, there you go plain and simple everyone, couldnt have said it better myself. Live your life and dont put yourself in a situation which will get you hurt.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
The average cop on the street is typically not a bad guy. He's generally a family man with an eye on getting out of the force with twenty years , a pension and all working appendages. His superiors are highly Masonic, as are judges and most lawyers. You need'nt look beyond the officer who was just acquitted of shooting the Iraq war vet as he lay on the ground...on tape no less. So, if you're not a mason or deep pocketed don't mess with the cops. Walk away and live to tell.

The average cop on the street is a grade-A schmuck at best. Even those who enter academy with the best intentions of "protect and serve" burn out quickly, both from the crap they go through as part of the job, and from peer pressure. Police are, without question, a gang. Ever seen the stuff that happens to people who bring charges against a cop? How hard it is to gain evidence, because the fraternal "us vs. them" mentality of the police department closes ranks to protect even its most corrupt members?

It was said earlier that so long as there is one crooked cop, they'll all be pigs. This isn't an image thing - it's because the other cops will do their best to save the corrupt one from any legal consequence for his action - they are corrupt, too.

The "profession" draws people who like violence, who like power. Perhaps as children they admired the men on TV who could flash a badge and ram a suspect's face into a wall a few times over. It draws ex-military who don't feel right without a military structure at their back and a gun at their side. it attracts people from the very streets cops perform their abuses, people who know the ropes of "police work" and want a cut for themselves, just like htey would in any other gang.

It used to be that you could meet nice cops, in small towns or wherever where things are more personal and generally more laid-back. No longer, small-town cops are more and more becoming the worst of the lot. I can speak for the cops in Alaska - they're essentially the mafia there. I saw teachers who flunked cops' kids get their homes raided and trashed under suspicion of drugs - no drugs were found, but the house was trashed and the "suspect" spent three days in jail. Fifty year-old woman, sitting in her nine-by-five for the maximum period to be held without charges.

Not all cops are like this... but we know that most will turn on the lights to speed through traffic. A number of them use their badge for petty theft, and smoke the drug busts they make. The problem is, who enforces laws on the enforcers of the law? Society as a whole has placed these men and women on a pedestal. We watch COPS and cheer when some drunk yahoo gets the crap kicked out of him for daring to run. We permit laws to be passed that exist solely to add more protection and less responsibility to police officers. We look the other way when our police departments acquire military-grade weaponry, and we shrug when dangerous "non-lethal" weapons are used for everything from drug busts to jaywalking.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But for this one situation the guy should have just walked away and kept his pie hole shut.

Why they order someone to move on anyway and on what authority? If a bystander is not physically on the way, or in physical danger what authority does a cop have to tell them to move along? Bystanders have the right and infact the duty to watch police when they're working and when possible record it. If the cops follow the law and dont have anything illegal to hide then they shouldn't have a problem with that, but for some reason the words 'move along' come as an order way too easily.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

If there was a gang fight why do they then bother with this lone man protesting the arrest? If they had knowledge of danger, wouldn't they do what they're trained and paid to do to handle it instead of playing shoving games with this individual?
If you're tasked to uphold the law you should be following the very same law, and I'm not sure what it says but that shoving seems like bases for assault charges. I'm not sure indeed but doesn't the law say that if you touch an officer it's assault? So isn't it the same if an officer touches a bystander when they're not arresting him?

PO im hearing you and yes I agree that a cop shouldnt be able to push you around for no reason, unless you are fighting back. But again look at the video, the guy is flexing at the cop and keeps turning around mocking him and running his mouth. The guy is obviously disrespecting the cop and has no respect for the cops authority to clear the area. He told the guy several times to walk away and the guy refused. What the hell kind of behavior is that for a mature young person? Come on man the guy should have just walked away. And we dont know if the guy being pushed around was involved in the whole deal to begin with.

Just smells of the guy and his camera man trying to bait the cops into a law suit.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Without context this video is worthless. It means nothing. We have no way of knowing if the whole thing is a staged lie or not. To pretend it shows anything one way or the other is an intellectual lie.

Most of us go through our entire lives and never have a negative confrontation with a cop. If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity. If people are going to commit crimes involving drugs and violence they should not be surprised when they get violence in return. Thugs just look like idiots when they claim their rights are violated. Gangsters and thugs have no rights. They earn everything that they get. Punks and cowards, the whole lot.

Why don't we see video's of babies lying in filth starving while their parents smoke crack and party. Lets see some videos of gangs brutalizing innocent kids who are just trying to get an education. How come we never see those films? Huh, why? Lets see a video of a pimp beating his whores and pumping their veins full of meth or heroine. Where are those video's. That is what really makes cops so angry. Dealing with the scum of the earth day after day.

Are you serious? If you have never had a confrontation with a police officer, congratulations. However to say that someone who has had several must be a criminal is outrageous. I am not a criminal. I work, I come home, I work out and I chill out till I go back to work again. With that being said, I have been arrested numerous times and have spent absolutely obscene amounts of money defending myself against the most ridiculous of charges.

I once bought a car, after two days I was pulled over, yanked out of my car and detained for several hours while I answered all kinds of questions. Why was I pulled over? Cause I had a paper tag from the car lot.

I once got yelled at by some girls in a parking lot. I told them both off and went inside the store. Came back out, left and went about my day. 2 weeks later I was arrested for "assaulting" one of the girls. It came out in court that the girl had her fiend punch her in the face to give her a black eye so she could say I did it. Do you think they did anything because the girl filed a false police report? No. Do you think anyone cared that I spent $3000 on legal fees for a crime I did not commit? Nope.

In this video you can see someone being assaulted by a police officer. The "victim" is on the ground, cuffed and not a threat to anyone at that moment, yet a police officer kicks him in the side. As the camera man gets closer, you see 2 officers see him coming in for a better view and they immediately begin pushing him back. Now here is my question.... if it was simply a matter of wanting to clear out the area, why did the police push the camera man away before asking him to leave? They never gave him an option. They shoved him while telling him to leave. That is not the way the system was meant to work.

Now in the USA if a police officer gives you an order, such as clear the street, if you do not comply you can be arrested for obstruction of justice, loitering, or any combination of things. It doesn't matter if you are out of the way and video taping from across the street. Once the officer gives you a directive you must comply or you run the risk of facing prosecution. That being said, in the US, police have no right to push, shove, or make any physical contact with you if you have not broken a law. Regardless of the situation, these officers could have handled this much better. They had no right to shove people out of the way. An argument can be made about using that kind of force against the black kid who was arguing back, but not against the camera man! Had the police just walked up to him and told him to move it out, that would be one thingl. Instead he pushes the camera man right away and yells at him to leave. At that instance, those police officers became the aggressors.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
how come nobody is talking about the guy getting his head slammed near the very end of the video?...what did he do to deserve that?

personally 80% of cops are crooked.i dont care where you are from,its all the same...there are either semi-racist,greedy,drug abusers,and rapist.

they all are gonna burn in hell....and no bullet proof vest is gonna save them.

there is only one person we need to protect us...that is jesus christ.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Why they order someone to move on anyway and on what authority? If a bystander is not physically on the way, or in physical danger what authority does a cop have to tell them to move along? Bystanders have the right and infact the duty to watch police when they're working and when possible record it. If the cops follow the law and dont have anything illegal to hide then they shouldn't have a problem with that, but for some reason the words 'move along' come as an order way too easily.

Cops absolutly have the authority to keep a crime scene in tact. Ever seen the yellow tape, cross that and see what happens. Also ill say it again for those who havent gotten it yet. The cops never stop the tape!!!!!! if they were worried about being filmed do you really think they would have allowed it to go on. I dont think the camera had anything to do with thier response, I think it had to do with a citizen being totally disrespectful to them and mocking thier request to move along. I didnt see them doing anything to any of the other people standing around. just this one foul mouthed individual who couldnt get it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Most of us go through our entire lives and never have a negative confrontation with a cop. If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity.

Ridiculous!

In the population centers cops are out of control, especially on the east coast. Let's suppose one of your loved ones, an attractive young woman, returning home from work after a late night was the one who dutifully pulled over for the police, even though she didn't think she did anything wrong. When she gets gang raped by uniformed officers, will you still make the same assertion?

Show up at a party and see nearly the entire local police force lining up to do lines of coke that they just "confiscated". Tell me how that's protecting and serving! I got out of there real quick before anyone noticed i wasn't a cop. (wish i had a camera!)

Oh yeah, and have you heard of Amadou Diallo? Shot 41 times by the pigs. He was unarmed. What are they protecting and serving when they shot an innocent unarmed man 41 times? Wouldn't you think after the first 20 shots or so that poor Amadou's bullet riddled body wouldn't pose much of a threat?

If I truly needed protetion, i'd turn to my local gang instead of the pigs. When it comes to cops doing their job, i found out firsthand just how efficient they are. My mom's ride got stolen, it was an exotic, one of 7 built as a prototype. When she reported it stolen, the first thing that happened is the cops began investigating her, with absolutely no basis, for insurance fraud. While my mom was stressing about court summons and polygraphs, recieving threats from insurance company lawyers, I went out and did some investigating. I hit the streets and within a day or so I found the PERSON who did the actual theft, the guy who chopped it at his shop, his address, and i actually saw the one of a kind parts that came off it in the shop. I called the detective on the case and told him i cracked the bastard, and all he has to do is follow up on my leads. I started giving names addresses, and info and i was interrupted by the detective telling me the "police don't have time to deal with some stolen property". They sure had plenty of time to keep investigating my mom. Just before they were ready to drag her to court and sentence her, her car was recovered over a year after it was stolen, routine traffic stop, being driven by the person i tried to name to the detective. Now they were forced to drop the charges on my mom because of this, and she still lost money in the form of legal fees which were never reimbursed, and as well, insurance didn't pay anything thanks to inept cops not even listening to my leads which eventaully turned out to be accurate. I wonder how much the detectives on the case get kicked back from the insurance company. It's not physical brutality, but they tried to send my mom up for a bid so they can save/make a buck.

Prior to my mom being falsely accused, her most serious infraction of the law would have been on the level of not coming to a complete stop at a deserted intersection. My mom wasn't a thug, she was a victim of police thugs.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It is infact infantile to run your mouth at the police like the one individual did, but on the other hand he just witnessed a man being kicked around by cops when he was in the ground. A smart individual would retain from obsenity and observe and possibly record events. The police shouldn't have any authority to tell such individuals to move along.
The public is the only force that polices the police. Of course there is internal affairs, but are they ever around when a police officer is likely to cross the line? Then there's of course the other cops who are likely not going to do anything to stop their follow officers from braking the law.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hello, there you go plain and simple everyone, couldnt have said it better myself. Live your life and dont put yourself in a situation which will get you hurt.

Yeah, don't put yourself in a situation which will get you hurt.

So, you're telling us, that if you were cruising down the sidewalk with your camcorder, and witnessed a cop kicking a handcuffed person laying on the street, you wouldn't record?

Lets assume you have more integrity than that. Lets assume you do start to record. Now the officers partner sees you recording, and charges at you, physically shoving you around, grabbing at your camera. You're telling us that it's your fault? That you shouldn't have put yourself in that situation?

Granted, clicking the off button and scurrying home would remove you from the situation, and sticking your head in the sand and pretending you never saw anything would more than likely prevent you from being accosted further, but it's that complacent, apathetic attitude that has led this country to a state where cops do believe they're above the law, where there's no accountability.

As I stated earlier, film is evidence, nothing more, nothing less. Ask yourself why these officers did not want evidence of these events floating around on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

I once bought a car, after two days I was pulled over, yanked out of my car and detained for several hours while I answered all kinds of questions. Why was I pulled over? Cause I had a paper tag from the car lot.

Was the tag expired? Was the car previously used in a crime?

I once got yelled at by some girls in a parking lot. I told them both off and went inside the store. Came back out, left and went about my day. 2 weeks later I was arrested for "assaulting" one of the girls. It came out in court that the girl had her fiend punch her in the face to give her a black eye so she could say I did it. Do you think they did anything because the girl filed a false police report? No. Do you think anyone cared that I spent $3000 on legal fees for a crime I did not commit? Nope.

Is that the cops fault? no its the girls fault. and its your fault as well for allowing yourself to be put in that position.

Now I have changed my comments and the cops should have been more calm but the situation was one of a jacked up police officer and a guy who was inflamming the situation with his mouth.

When will it be time for people in this country to accept responsibility for thier actions? cops and public alike.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

So, you're telling us, that if you were cruising down the sidewalk with your camcorder, and witnessed a cop kicking a handcuffed person laying on the street, you wouldn't record?

Lets assume you have more integrity than that. Lets assume you do start to record. Now the officers partner sees you recording, and charges at you, physically shoving you around, grabbing at your camera. You're telling us that it's your fault? That you shouldn't have put yourself in that situation?

As I stated earlier, film is evidence, nothing more, nothing less. Ask yourself why these officers did not want evidence of these events floating around on YouTube.

I would for sure record it, but i wouldnt be up in thier face trying to bait them into assualting me. And ill say it again never once did the cop stop the camera man from recording. the cop was pushing the big mouth who could keep his trap shut trying to inflame the situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Now I have changed my comments and the cops should have been more calm but the situation was one of a jacked up police officer and a guy who was inflamming the situation with his mouth.

When will it be time for people in this country to accept responsibility for thier actions? cops and public alike.

I'd use prular, officers. One kicking a guy down, one shoving a bystander and the rest not stopping these 2 guys from braking the law and making the force look bad

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
the thug on the street and the cop on the beat
both the same, mentality
one seeks to harm innocents
one to harm the guilty
in the end though they both think the same.
stubborn to change
the fight goes through death
war is unceasing
stop take a breath
continue to ruin us
for your own lack of control
the anger leads to yodas wisdom
the jedi will come one day, slice off there heads
with sabers of light and truth in their heads
the chaos will end
when all the hate ends
unfortunately for you
the devils your friend

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemonyAnd ill say it again never once did the cop stop the camera man from recording. the cop was pushing the big mouth who could keep his trap shut trying to inflame the situation.

The very first thing we see in the video is the plain clothes coming directly at the camera with a night stick, which he used to shove the camera man. Don't try to sugar coat it.

I'ts clear, from the footage, that the sequence of events was:
1. Run towards camera man with night stick in offensive position
2. Use said night stick to shove camera man
3. Scream "get the f*#k back".

Doesn't seem right to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join