It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Police acting like gangs in New York

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Without context this video is worthless. It means nothing. We have no way of knowing if the whole thing is a staged lie or not. To pretend it shows anything one way or the other is an intellectual lie.

Most of us go through our entire lives and never have a negative confrontation with a cop. If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity. If people are going to commit crimes involving drugs and violence they should not be surprised when they get violence in return. Thugs just look like idiots when they claim their rights are violated. Gangsters and thugs have no rights. They earn everything that they get. Punks and cowards, the whole lot.

Why don't we see video's of babies lying in filth starving while their parents smoke crack and party. Lets see some videos of gangs brutalizing innocent kids who are just trying to get an education. How come we never see those films? Huh, why? Lets see a video of a pimp beating his whores and pumping their veins full of meth or heroine. Where are those video's. That is what really makes cops so angry. Dealing with the scum of the earth day after day.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
I don't see why people think it's 'cool' to disobey police officers these days.

And this is the point exactly, No one here knows what started that fiasco. All I saw was a bunch of people not obeying the police when they were told to move on. When will people understand when a cop says move on .....move the hell on. The one black guy who was being pushed around was in the wrong anyway you slice it. He stood there mocking the cops and he got exactly what he deserved IMO.

The youth of this nation has become one of me , me , me mentality. They dont respect anything or anyone and they all think someone owes them something. I have to say im not looking forward to this generation running anything when and if they ever grow up.

And those of you who will call me names and tell me im wrong have no clue what its like to be in that situation. I pulled duty as a gate CP when i was in Germany. I was involved in a simalar situation where a fight broke out between the cannon cockers and the Mobile Air guys. there was a few people just standing around inflamming the situation, They spent the night in the hanau hotel. just like the guy in this video, he was inflamming the situation. He should have listened and moved on, but no he had to talk back to the cop and well he gets his face slammed into the store front. These cops when in this situation are stoked up. They dont know if someone has a gun or not.

Bottom line is if you dont want to be treated like a criminal then go about your business and keep your mouth shut. And for those who have stated a police state coming maybe we need to have some Law and Order in this country. You all do remember Law and Order right? All of you who are against the police in this video would be the first to call them if it was you needing assistence. What a joke!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Without context this video is worthless.

Worthless? Hardly, regardless of context there is no reason to shove people on the street for holding a camera. If the man with the camera violated a law then charge him. Show me where is says, "shove him back and make threats"

It means nothing. We have no way of knowing if the whole thing is a staged lie or not. To pretend it shows anything one way or the other is an intellectual lie.

I would say you're reaching.

Most of us go through our entire lives and never have a negative confrontation with a cop. If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity.

Keep living in that fantasy. I personally have been harrased and accused of things by police, when I had nothing to do with it.

If people are going to commit crimes involving drugs and violence they should not be surprised when they get violence in return. Thugs just look like idiots when they claim their rights are violated. Gangsters and thugs have no rights. They earn everything that they get. Punks and cowards, the whole lot.

So you assume that since the people in the video are black, then they must be thugs and gangsters?

I'm beggining to see why you believe the way you do.

Lets see some videos of gangs brutalizing innocent kids who are just trying to get an education. How come we never see those films? Huh, why? Lets see a video of a pimp beating his whores and pumping their veins full of meth or heroine. Where are those video's. That is what really makes cops so angry. Dealing with the scum of the earth day after day.

Then maybe they shouldn't be cops. If doing your job makes you angry and hateful towards all civilians, then I would suggest a new line of work.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's his right to observe public servants doing their job, he broke no law.
he was unlawfully told to leave, and he crossed the street and they still were pushing him.

Ah where in the Bill of Rights does it state one has the right to disobey the police? This guy was talking trash the whole time. he was initially told to move on and all he did from that point on was disobey a lawful order. Police have the right to clear any street where there is a situation. First off looked like to me there was a potential escalation possibility becasue there were so many cops around. Looked to me like they were doing thier job then this punk started running his mouth. the cop told him to move on and what does he do, he stays put and runs his mouth about hes not doing anything wrong. Well he did do something wrong he stuck his nose where it didnt belong and tried to bait the officers into doing something he could use to probably sue with.

Its called Respect people, cops have a hard enough time dealing with all the crap and dont need some snot nosed kid messing with them. they should have locked him up for obstruction of justice.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Without context this video is worthless. It means nothing. We have no way of knowing if the whole thing is a staged lie or not. To pretend it shows anything one way or the other is an intellectual lie.

Most of us go through our entire lives and never have a negative confrontation with a cop. If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity. If people are going to commit crimes involving drugs and violence they should not be surprised when they get violence in return. Thugs just look like idiots when they claim their rights are violated. Gangsters and thugs have no rights. They earn everything that they get. Punks and cowards, the whole lot.

Why don't we see video's of babies lying in filth starving while their parents smoke crack and party. Lets see some videos of gangs brutalizing innocent kids who are just trying to get an education. How come we never see those films? Huh, why? Lets see a video of a pimp beating his whores and pumping their veins full of meth or heroine. Where are those video's. That is what really makes cops so angry. Dealing with the scum of the earth day after day.

Apparently Blaine, you have never been to New York. From your profile, I see you are from Alaska. Sure, the cops may be great up where you live but in the concrete jungle where I used to live (I just moved to Arizona less than a month ago) and my family still lives, they are not so nice.

I can assure you this is no staged event. You will not find that many police on the street unless they are dealing with something significant. That does not mean the perpetrator deserves to have his head bashed in by some corrupt cops. Why don't you go to NYC and see how a nice little cop treats you? Guarantee it won't be with respect.

I don't see how you have to be a criminal to have negative experiences with the police. I happen to hate authority, does that make me a criminal? I have had a problem with being told what to do my whole life and I am damn proud of that. Why should I listen to somebody who doesn't even know what they're talking about?

Why should the cameraman and the other fellow move across the street? Are they causing any danger to the scene? There were about 30 cops within his reach so if there was a problem he would have been down on the ground getting beat up already.

We have a police brutality problem in this country and around the world. Granted, you may have all small town cops in Alaska who know the public so crime is very low. However, when you live in a large city like New York or Newark (where I believe this footage takes place), you will not find cops who know you. They do not care who you are. If they have suspicion that you are involved in any sort of criminal activity, fictitious or not, they will lay their hands on you.

They work by creating fear in the public mind you. A lot of those meatheads love the power trip they get from beating up an innocent civilian. It gives them 'power' and a huge rush of adrenaline. Reminds them of being on the front lines.

Don't close your eyes/mind to the facts. Come to the East coast and see what a real cop looks like. Heck, you could probably even head down to Seattle which isn't very far and see the real scum of the Earth; the policeman.

I don't see any gangsters or thugs in this video, unless you count the police. They have been known to sell/buy drugs from the very people you speak of. They are no better than anyone else.

Do not let their uniform blind you to their immoral behavior.

NO ONE AND I REPEAT NO ONE deserves to be beaten like that man did, regardless of the crime the committed.

I could see you the first in line to sign up for the police state training program.

Deny ignorance? You merely accepted it.

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Assuming you have never left Alaska, let me give you some inside information.

Gangs do recruit kids, ok fine. But the chances of that happening in the first place is slim to none. Gangs would rather have them run errands for them as opposed to have them on the front killing people. A grown man is a much more effective weapon than a little kid who can't even pickup a nine.

Once again, cops are the real scum of the Earth. They deal with 'scum' as you call it, people who have no way out of their situation.

If you're born into the projects, you have a very very slim chance of ever making it out alive. Those poor people are born into violence, what do you expect them to do? Sit around and take that crap like a bitch? Violence is the way you earn respect in the hood. If you are weak you are killed or robbed all the time.

To gain respect, you gotta be ruthless. Its the kind of society they are born into.

I don't really know how else to describe this to you...But let me try.

These people have no choice but to be 'hard' or they will die. Newsflash, the projects aren't exactly the nicest/safest place to live. Crime is a daily event. Ignore the drug dealers, thugs, and criminals. What about the rest of the people living there? You think EVERY single person who lives in the projects is a criminal? If you think that, you are insane.

Don't judge people by the way they dress either. I have friends who look 'thug' and wouldn't hurt a fly. Its all an image thing and about respect.

You don't get respect by wearing a polo shirt and khakis like I do most of the time. That's how you get beat up.

You don't get respect wearing a blue uniform. There are too many counts of innocents being slaughtered by the pigs in this country. Do some research before you really start to piss me off.

You have no idea what it takes to live in a city, let alone the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i see in the clip him walking away and the one police officer shoving him a few times and when he tryed to walk away he shoved him some more its right there in the clip..reguardless in america theres freedom of speech/press.. cry a river night after night when we see on the news officers are shot, hurt or god forbid killed (not something i wish to happen) for abusing there power on some one who wont be treated like dirt. they themselves have created the tarnishing sterotype and only officers the ones that interact with the public can change it they but instead they uphold it with example after example.

actions speak louder than words

"If someone is having many confrontations with police they are clearly involved with criminal activity."

that is an arrogant statement ^^^^

I give my opions based on my first hand situations. hmmmmmmmm some how ive also managed to stear clear of criminal activity

[edit on 6-7-2007 by twistingtree]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
here in new mexico we dont have any gang legislation....so its not a crime to be in a gang there was a thing in our news paper recently about 15 cops that beat some kid up....those cops turned out to be southside piru blood they investegated more into it and there were also some crips and a few old skoolers in the police force the cops that beat that kid were the only ones removed from the force because here it isnt illegal to be in a gang

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

It's his right to observe public servants doing their job, he broke no law.
he was unlawfully told to leave, and he crossed the street and they still were pushing him.

Ah where in the Bill of Rights does it state one has the right to disobey the police? This guy was talking trash the whole time. he was initially told to move on and all he did from that point on was disobey a lawful order. Police have the right to clear any street where there is a situation. First off looked like to me there was a potential escalation possibility becasue there were so many cops around. Looked to me like they were doing thier job then this punk started running his mouth. the cop told him to move on and what does he do, he stays put and runs his mouth about hes not doing anything wrong. Well he did do something wrong he stuck his nose where it didnt belong and tried to bait the officers into doing something he could use to probably sue with.

Its called Respect people, cops have a hard enough time dealing with all the crap and dont need some snot nosed kid messing with them. they should have locked him up for obstruction of justice.

you are way off
disobey a lawful order?
that was NOT a lawful order!

an officer has no right to tell people to stop watching them perform their jobs, that is not a lawful order.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

'Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.' That doesn't sound like protecting and serving to me.

Yo baby , baby ... I do hear what your saying and concur with some of it. however the quote above is for the perps benefit. its part of the miranda rights to all people being arrested. And it does protect the perp from themselves.

It means you have the right to keep your mouth shut and not incriminate yourself before talking to your lawyer. "Same as pleading the 5th" (Amendment to the Bill of Rights) Of course if you decide not to keep your mouth shut then of course anything you say about the situation will be used to convict you in a court of Law.

Listen I agree there are bad cops out there, the one guy on the ground in the beginning maybe shouldnt have been kicked like that. But again no one knows the situation leading up to this video. Ill say it again when cops are in this situation they are charged up to the max. If someone mouths off then they get slammed into the store front.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Regardless of the situation that preceded the video footage, the officers were out of line. Had the assaulted parties done anything illegal, it's obvious these particular officers would have wasted no time at all in arresting them.

I might make "dog noises" too if a belligerent 'peace' officer was chasing me around pushing, shoving and otherwise physically assaulting me. If they guy shoved the officer back, he would have been arrested. Why? Because it's considered assault. See the double standard there? They're the ones considering themselves above the law, not the guy with the camera. A police officer who knows he's within his rights, and the boundaries of the law, has no problem with his actions being recorded.

To many members chastise one assumption, while making another, equally uninformed assumption.

The bottom line is this: Any police officer, if performing their duties with integrity, and within the confines of the laws they swore to uphold, should never, ever, under any circumstances, have a problem with the situation, whatever it may be, being filmed. Film is evidence, 100% of the time. It's used to illustrate, after the fact, the events that took place. Now, why do you suppose these officers wanted no evidence of these particular events to exist?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After watching the video a few times it seems to me that the cops didn't want the guy being shoved and his camera man to see and videotape the cops kicking the guy on the ground.And since when do cops have the authority to keep shoving someone like they did to this guy.He had the right to videotape what was going on.Once he was across the street and on the sidewalk like the cops told him to they should have let him be.If he was obstructing justice then he should have been told he was and if he then refused to leave, detained or arrested NOT shoved repeatedly.Instead they kept shoving him(several times while the guy had his back turned and walking away)And there are people on this thread that think this guy deserved to be slammed headfirst into the rollerdoor?Why?Because the guy finally got pissed off and started arguing back?What we aren't allowed to talk back to cops?Yeah right.

To me knowing the full story as to what caused this many cops to be in the same area is irrelevant.The fact that they had a guy on the ground kicking him and then the way they treated the guy shoved is enough for me to see something was up that the cops didn't want on camera.

Cops don't need the whole story to pull someone over and harass them or stop them on the street and start questioning them about where they are coming from or where they are headed.(Even though you don't have to tell them)For those of you that think 95% of cops are good you need to come to my town for a visit.I have never in my 34 years seen a more corrupt police force than the ones here.Yes ones.We have both the city department and the county sheriff department here in town.Both are corrupt.Two deputies were just cleared on all charges on an illegal shooting.There were several witnesses to the shooting that knew the guy was unarmed.There is known drug use by several officers and two have even been busted at parties getting high.One while on duty.We have had numerous occasions of cops using force on people here when it was uncalled for.But yet when we complain to the city officials nothing is done.They do roadblocks here all the time but they only stop certain cars and wave those they know through.

But I can tell you that you wouldn't see a video like this here.If that many of us were all standing there and saw the same thing that was on in this video the cops would be the ones on the ground getting kicked.They are all big and bad when they roll up on one or two people in force but they won't go anywhere near a big crowd here and act like that.There are parts of the county they won't go for fear they'll never be seen again.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

you are way off
disobey a lawful order?
that was NOT a lawful order!

an officer has no right to tell people to stop watching them perform their jobs, that is not a lawful order.

Im way off, Take a look at this which comes form the ACLU. I cant believe I am even typeing ACLU. Anyway this is one good piece of advice they do offer. Note "what to do if your stopped by the police" section.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
its a shame... police state at its best... tks god i not live in usa

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
To say that we cant judge the cops behavious because we dont have the whole story is bs. Even if the downed suspect would've been in a firefight with a cop, even if he had shot and killed a cop that doesn't give the cops any authority or justification to go shoving the bystanders around.
IMO, the civ clothed officer was acting like an infantile and the rest of them are just as guilty because they didn't even try to stop him or tell him to calm himself.
If I were to be confronted by officers telling me to move along I'd probably would, but I'd ask 'based on what?'. I'm not sure about the law, but if they cant justify such and order isn't it illegal then? Or is it nowadays that a cops word is the law, sometimes it just seems like it...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please take note of the number of people on this thread who are well down the complicit path. This is the bi-product of the fear mechanism that's been worked into their programming. The heightened and intensity of big bro security is necessary in their minds. These are the people who will drive their children to the local county health center to have them micro-chipped, because like their dogs today we'll have to keep them safe. So when the day arrives where you'll need authorization to travel state to state, authorization to have more than one child, authorization to listen to shortwave radio, authorization to have your views printed in the local paper, authorization to grow a garden in your own backyard atleast there's some solice in knowing that less and less people will be wigging out.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
unbelievable, pigs...theres only 1 thing that sort of policing does, thats insight revloution!! *SNIP*. yay yay!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
To me knowing the full story as to what caused this many cops to be in the same area is irrelevant.The fact that they had a guy on the ground kicking him and then the way they treated the guy shoved is enough for me to see something was up that the cops didn't want on camera.

I do think its relevent to the situation. What if there was a gang fight in progress, or the guy on the ground was being detained for some other crime. What if the cops had knowledge of a potential risk to thier lives that WE DONT have. Cops get killed in NY for walking thier beats, I cant imagine whats its like to have people wanting to kill you for trying to uphold the law of the land.

OK ill change my view a bit that the cops shouldnt have been beating on the guy on the ground. Once he is subdued there is no need for the kicking and beating point taken. However the guy being pushed kept running his mouth and turning to the cop and flexing and not doing what he was asked to do. Case closed

AS far as the camera, If i was an undercover cop I wouldnt want my picture taken. Is it possible that this was the situation as well. I thnk its easy to claim they didnt want what they were doing to the guy on the ground to be captured, however they never stop the camera man from filming, which leads me to believe the cops didnt care about the camera man. they went after the foul mouthed punk who was trying to bait them.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
That's about how it was back in the day in Florida and from what i hear from some police state refugees, it's even worse now. Back when i was there pigs were pulling over young girls and raping 'em. Also, they were showing up at big drug deals, killing everybody there, and stealing the cash and drugs. They messed up one time when 12 off duty officers showed up locked and loaded at a DEA sting.

Personally, i've been pulled over by several cops with the intent to rob me. When they discovered I had no money, drugs or anything of value, they pistol whipped me, wrote fake tickets and had me sign them, at gunpoint.

Another time a cop that thought I was responsible for interfering with his payoffs from a local drug dealer raided my boat illegally. I was sleeping and caught him sneaking in through my hatch. I woke up, lunged at him swinging, just missed taking his head off, and then bum rushed him back out the hatch onto his ass while screaming about illegal boarding of a vessel and making a big scene. He used the guise of an obscure law that has to do with marine toilet regulations to raid my boat and a few others as retaliation. On other boats, they cut all the cushions and seat pads up like they were looking for drugs, but they didn't search, thye just came in trashed the vessels. The officer that raided my boat eventually was arrested for contempt of court after flipping out in court when the judge ruled the law itself was unconstitutional, and upon my investigation, there was no way to comply with the law if you owned a boat over 26 feet. Later on, the same cop faked warrants on me, and arrested me. After he cuffed me, he looked around, saw no witnesses, and styarted laughing as he whipped out his club, saying "Now, let's have some fun!". I saw this and got real happy, and loud :"Come on, I'll take you with my hands cuffed!" "I'm not Rodney King!" etc. and adopted an attitude of total confidence mixed with psychotic aggressiveness, and he backed off, got scared, and called for backup. The warrant didn't hold when i got to booking, i wasn't in the system, he just had the dispatcher read a falsified warrant back over the radio when i told him i wanted to hear it from dispatch.

At least 2 girls in my hood were raped by ON DUTY cops.

The only difference between then and now is that there's more cameras in the hands of the public.

My observation, most cops are crooked assed gangstas. The entire force where I had my experiences were all crips, no, seriously, the same people who were bangin' in the hood as kids all grew up- to become cops. Ever see a cop toss up a gang sign to rivals? I have, several times.

wow man with claims like that lets see a newspaper clipping or something...i believe the police state will come,but i cannot see it being that bad without getting on the mainstream mdeia.(im far from sheeple,but they would put somethign like this on there no doubt)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
I don't see why people think it's 'cool' to disobey police officers these days.

And this is the point exactly, No one here knows what started that fiasco. All I saw was a bunch of people not obeying the police when they were told to move on. When will people understand when a cop says move on .....move the hell on. The one black guy who was being pushed around was in the wrong anyway you slice it. He stood there mocking the cops and he got exactly what he deserved IMO.

The youth of this nation has become one of me , me , me mentality. They dont respect anything or anyone and they all think someone owes them something. I have to say im not looking forward to this generation running anything when and if they ever grow up.

And those of you who will call me names and tell me im wrong have no clue what its like to be in that situation. I pulled duty as a gate CP when i was in Germany. I was involved in a simalar situation where a fight broke out between the cannon cockers and the Mobile Air guys. there was a few people just standing around inflamming the situation, They spent the night in the hanau hotel. just like the guy in this video, he was inflamming the situation. He should have listened and moved on, but no he had to talk back to the cop and well he gets his face slammed into the store front. These cops when in this situation are stoked up. They dont know if someone has a gun or not.

Bottom line is if you dont want to be treated like a criminal then go about your business and keep your mouth shut. And for those who have stated a police state coming maybe we need to have some Law and Order in this country. You all do remember Law and Order right? All of you who are against the police in this video would be the first to call them if it was you needing assistence. What a joke!!!!

I couldent have said it better, I really dont understand why it is so popular to pick on the cops these days for every little thing. I am totally discusted by 90% of the posts in this forum, it sounds to me like alot of people are mad that they got a ticket.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

OK ill change my view a bit that the cops shouldnt have been beating on the guy on the ground. Once he is subdued there is no need for the kicking and beating point taken. However the guy being pushed kept running his mouth and turning to the cop and flexing and not doing what he was asked to do. Case closed

So physically assault him? That's BS. Opening his mouth is not against the law, and if it was, he should be arrested, not assaulted. If he were to resist arrest, then the cop has the authority to use force deemed necessary, and not more. In this case, the cops were using force they deemed necessary to impose their personal will, not the law, on the subjects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join